inTank Media Baskets

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just some pics of the new guys. I love their colors. They are the richest colors I have. They're not exploring too much, they're still uncertain of their home. I decided on names for my Precious Ocean.

Lefty is "Ocean".

010_zps56166deb.jpg

Righty is "Precious".

002_zps41a97c18.jpg

Everyone is doing well. I see the green one right now just about everyday for a brief moment. Now the other one is hiding. I'll try to get some pics, they're just so tiny it's hard to get them.

On my way back from traveling out of KY I visited an lfs in Ashland, they had a peacock mantis shrimp for 69.99- probably 2.5 inches long and I was so happy to see it out. It came out, looked at me, kicked up some sand saying I guess he didn't approve of me and turned around and went into his hole. I could've stared at the head alone for hours because it's so interesting. But then again, I'm easily amused these days.

Aha! Finally for the first time, just heard the little green one make some noise.

Next thing I'll be getting for the tank is 2 little Hydor Koralias- I don't have enough flow.

Apparently, in brighter tanks they're more green and in darker more maroon. Either Tamberav or Islandoftiki told me that.

Until they get bigger I don't know if the girly names will need to change to Gregory, Gustav, Geronimo or Gerard.

I'm glad I like green!

Beautiful red mushroom!

Thanks. You can see the other 2 colors with that red. Each side has some ricordea and shrooms. I bought that Mushroom pack of 7 from LiveAquaria and luckily I had found 2 more little babies in there. I'd say good for the 59.99. It comes with at least 2 rics and the rest varied shrooms. My understanding though is that Mantis and the damsel will like to rearrange. I also put one each of a regular red mushroom I found in the back of my Evolve in the sand, 2 babies I didn't know about. The current is slow right now so hopefully they'll attach by the time the Hydor Koralia 240 comes.

SA WOOOOTITY!

Thank you. And I think I'm switching Genevieve's name to Geneva.

I have to say, they are pretty cute! Did you add more macro algae or is your existing just growing really fast? It looks more lush than I remember.

I have to say, they are pretty cute! Did you add more macro algae or is your existing just growing really fast? It looks more lush than I remember.

Just growing fast. I don't notice it but apparenlty it has. I'm oncall this weekend and next week but I'm going to really have to get this fuge/sump put in so I can put the macro in there

Great pics! Love them!

Thanks. I really like both Gertie and Geneva but I would like if I could distinguish between each aside from Right Tank or Left Tank or their slight size difference. Hoping one might morph a little into a different color.

Just growing fast. I don't notice it but apparenlty it has. I'm oncall this weekend and next week but I'm going to really have to get this fuge/sump put in so I can put the macro in there

The green caulerpa grows really fast. I definitely see a difference :).

Awesome tank idea! Wish my mantises were as small as yours!

I wish mine were slightly bigger, at least an inch. Have a pic of yours?

they're beautiful! At least each of yours is a different color. Mine were different and then it morphed to green after a molt. If it wasn't for separate tanks I'd barely be able to tell them apart. Are ya naming 'em?

Archived