021_zps858964a4.jpg

For right side.

016_zpsa41dd055.jpg

080_zps13c2d86d.jpg

Happy gsp on left side of divider.

064_zps0951758d.jpg

On right side of divider.

026_zps0bc2206d.jpg

And look who finally SHOWED UP TODAY!!!!! She's going to be called Gertie because she's green. Don't know what gender though. Thank you to all the mantis lovers that told me to be patient and that she was still alive. She stayed out a good while & she didn't run like the other did. So far she's more personable. She kept investigating the superglue blob.

050_zpsf73aba60.jpg

044_zps75b9b37a.jpg

045_zps3c701665.jpg

042_zps9379aa19.jpg

And each side was given an astrea, a nassarius, and a cerith.

Gertie is really active today. A couple more shots!

095_zpsda0b8f60.jpg

099_zps026280b8.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to get acrylic from Lowes for alid. At the moment I'm using 2 wrong sized pieces just to have something since the fish are partnered up with them now. Must keep them in their dens. Speaking of dens, the royal gramma is using a hole under the small rock on the right as a little burrow for himself. I still have to come up with names for the fish.

Gertie looks so tiny next to your Ricordea :)

It is a small ricordea too- like .5 inches. Gertie's a little bigger now - she was .5 when I got her.

D'awww, what a cutie! I like the gsp on the divider, its going to look awesome!

I love what you've done, the gsp and the purple clove polyp was it? just intertwining on your back wall? Gorgeous. Your backwall is my inspiration for my divided wall. I haven't seen any of the purple stuff so I decided just to go gsp. Maybe if I can find some I can put it on the back wall. What for sure is the name of the purple stuff?

Cool beans!

Its another type of star polyp, I just call it purple/brown (depending on lighting) star polyps. I've been trying to remember where I got it from, but I'll have to look back through my threads to figure it out (most likely a NR member). If ya can't find any, I can ship you some. :)

Cool beans!

Its another type of star polyp, I just call it purple/brown (depending on lighting) star polyps. I've been trying to remember where I got it from, but I'll have to look back through my threads to figure it out (most likely a NR member). If ya can't find any, I can ship you some. :)

How long has it taken to grow your wall?

How long has it taken to grow your wall?

Its been growing on the back wall for about a year and a couple of months, without trimming, but for a while it was growing slowly because I wasn't keeping up with water changes. For a while the PSP was growing faster than the GSP!

You know I was trying to get the GSP to grow like you guys have it on the tank wall and wouldn't you know it they actually have started to grow.

I have only had very small bits of growth up until now.

ll_maynard_ll

Man, Gertrude is tiny. I'm so happy for you that she made it and so jealous you have two mantis. You've done a great job setting up a good home for them in such a short time. Gotta think most people might have flushed em. I like your pics too, I'm having trouble taking pics of mine, she is so small and so fast.

lnglostsurfer

So awesome! I love seeing you take something like this and really create a cool space for everything. Going to be super cool seperate little tanks. And to think, you were only setting up a 34g! little did you know......

You know I was trying to get the GSP to grow like you guys have it on the tank wall and wouldn't you know it they actually have started to grow.

I have only had very small bits of growth up until now.

Awesome, I made the smallest little plugs I could - I think it's pretty indestructable. Do you have a picture?

Man, Gertrude is tiny. I'm so happy for you that she made it and so jealous you have two mantis. You've done a great job setting up a good home for them in such a short time. Gotta think most people might have flushed em. I like your pics too, I'm having trouble taking pics of mine, she is so small and so fast.

I couldn't see flushing them, at least give them a chance and I'm sure 10 gal (probably only 9 now really) isn't ideal but it's better than killing them- Hopefully the fish will do ok as well, so far they are very much hiding- they don't even feel comfy swimming around the tank yet.

So awesome! I love seeing you take something like this and really create a cool space for everything. Going to be super cool seperate little tanks. And to think, you were only setting up a 34g! little did you know......

You came over and saw my predicament with the 20g- nice tank, nowhere to go- it was just waiting for something unexpected to happen. Now the maroon one needs a name. Margie? Maggie? Maxine?

Is the caulerpa from Randi? I have her caulerpa too :). This setup is amazing!!!! You make mantis shrimp cool to keep. I want a Gertie. I just love her shade of green :wub:.

Five?

I joke.

(Unless you really, really like Maroon 5, that is.

Dueling damsels? Or is the purple one a dottyback?

The one is the yellowtail damsel, the other is a royal gramma. This is the furthest I've seen him come out. He's been hiding in the back behind the rock so far. He's getting more curious.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/009_zpsff7f418a.jpg.html'>009_zpsff7f418a.jpg

Is the caulerpa from Randi? I have her caulerpa too :). This setup is amazing!!!! You make mantis shrimp cool to keep. I want a Gertie. I just love her shade of green :wub:.

Yes, from Randi- got a little of everything- 3 red things, the green and ochtodes (it's small but I'm hoping it makes it). Some will be going into the fuge of course. I got a piece of acrylic from Lowes, had them cut it and then used my diamond cutting wheel on the dremel to cut out a spot for the filters. I still have to make some gas exchange holes now but that will definitely cut down on the evaporation and should keep anyone from jumping out.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/012_zps36450af5.jpg.html'>012_zps36450af5.jpg

Well, I tried w/ the only cutting tool I have, the dremel, and my holes came out quite ugly and there's still condensation. I don't want to make more because I've already uglified it. I didn't want polka dots or slivers so I made 2 wide chunks but yuck. I am NOT proud of those.

028_zpsd35ccdc2.jpg

Archived