Top Shelf Aquatics

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Promised you some updates bro, so here we are. It lost alot of the pink during transition, but now its coming in strong again. Pretty good growth for 3-4 weeks on a SUPER fresh cut. Has grown a little more since this pic also. Should have a branch that I can frag soon. Already popping side nubs everywhere.

Beautiful Acro. It's graduated to a frag now. :D It really should have been sold to you encrusted like that in the first place considering the price. :)
  • Like 2

Beautiful Acro. It's graduated to a frag now. :D It really should have been sold to you encrusted like that in the first place considering the price. :)

lol...unfortunately whats a "Frag" everywhere else in the world, is a colony here. Its just the nature of the beast. Ive accepted it and embraced it. There is pro's and con's to both sides. Much easier to control pest and a proper QT on a small piece vs a mariculture/wild colony. I honestly do not buy encrusted coral anymore. If I do, I rip it off the plug anyway and throw away the encrustment. When you deal with the level of pest I do in a retail store it changes your views on things. Priority #1 is making sure my systems are clean. Not easy to do in 6,000 gallons of water :)

• Like 2

lol...unfortunately whats a "Frag" everywhere else in the world, is a colony here. Its just the nature of the beast. Ive accepted it and embraced it. There is pro's and con's to both sides. Much easier to control pest and a proper QT on a small piece vs a mariculture/wild colony. I honestly do not buy encrusted coral anymore. If I do, I rip it off the plug anyway and throw away the encrustment. When you deal with the level of pest I do in a retail store it changes your views on things. Priority #1 is making sure my systems are clean. Not easy to do in 6,000 gallons of water :)

That's not a colony bro. :lol: It will be in a year if you let it grow. :naughtydance:

• Like 4

Promised you some updates bro, so here we are. It lost alot of the pink during transition, but now its coming in strong again. Pretty good growth for 3-4 weeks on a SUPER fresh cut. Has grown a little more since this pic also. Should have a branch that I can frag soon. Already popping side nubs everywhere.

25547614564_890ea58714_k.jpgIMG_4902 by alex barreto, on Flickr

Damn that's a gorgeous piece !!! What's the name of that one ? I need to stop by the store,it's been too long.

How's your tank holding up Shaun ?

That's not a colony bro. :lol: It will be in a year if you let it grow. :naughtydance:

Lol...I don't think you understood what I was saying. It was a joke. I was saying how small the frags are here in the states compared to everywhere else. Come on bro. You really think I would call that a colony? Trust me, I know what a colony is. I only have a bunch spanning 20" plus. :)

• Like 2

Dude... you make that look like a forest, great snaps!

Thanks Jay, I really love that coral - it's looking more and more like a pink and green forest with it's growth pattern. :)

Damn :o

Getting there. :)

Tank is looking good Shaun, love the way everything is growing out again.

Thanks Mark, getting there slowly, still fighting the GHA but whatever. :lol:
  • Like 1

Blue and yellow. :wub:

Polyps. :wub:

How is your little fraglet? He must be getting big?

:)

He is very well thanks, turning 1 on Friday. Time is going way too fast, it's a great age now though. :)

• Like 4

:)

He is very well thanks, turning 1 on Friday. Time is going way too fast, it's a great age now though. :)

Things people with kids say...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been spending some time following this thread and even saw it when it was from the beginning and I just want to say what a setup! You're attention to detail on the scaping and coral placement is stellar along with your mad photography skills! Pretty jelly my man, pretty jelly.

• 1 month later...