Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

You take such amazing pictures, I love the fine detail and color plus you have a great collection of SPS.

Thanks for the compliments. Corals are such cool creatures in macro. :)

• Like 1

Shaun and how fast that Unknown Brown become this nice color? :)

It took a couple of weeks to get nice colour but I've had it for about 2 months now and it's looking it's best now (for my eyes) - I'd like to get the colours a but richer so I've started feeding the tank a lot more (and cut back on carbon dosing) now to get nutrient levels up a bit.

Great pics, that piece is definitely a winner. Loving the yellow/green with blue polyps and skin.

Thanks Arce. It's super cool, total win on the gamble front, haha.

Is there even water in your tank?! Beautiful!

Thanks man, good to see you around. :) The water goes super clear when the wrasse isn't dive bombing it. :lol:

Looks like a tenuis maybe. Incredible looking!

Thanks. :) It's a Tenuis indeed. Starting to grow nicely as well, hopefully I can keep it happy long term. :)

• Like 1

Illustration of the Shaun's flow rate:

funny-gifs-animation-actor-comedy-wind-m

:D

:lol: Power!!!!!!!

Tank is looking great Shaun. Can not agree more on flow, it is something many people skimp on!

-Dave

Thanks Dave, it's getting there slowly - corals are happy and starting to grow a lot so that's all I really care about for now. :)

• Like 5

Holy shit how?!

And very nice tank! How high is your light hanging above the water and what is your program like?

The growth really is insane, from what I can see reading briefly he is a clam farmer with big outdoor natural light tubs - must be some magic in those bins, was reading temps get up to 32C in there, he doesn't use a chiller. Makes me want to try something like that, if only I had the space. Haha.

And thanks, the light is little under 12" above the water line.

2 x actinic from 08-30 till 09:30

All 8 bulbs from 09:30 till 19:30

2 x actinic from 19-30 till 20:30

• Like 1

The growth really is insane, from what I can see reading briefly he is a clam farmer with big outdoor natural light tubs - must be some magic in those bins, was reading temps get up to 32C in there, he doesn't use a chiller. Makes me want to try something like that, if only I had the space. Haha.

Man I'm getting good growth but I think I need to up my light cycle. I'm running a 6x36. 12 inches above a 14inch deep tank. 10 hours total time. 3 of those hours are with all 6. The other 7 are just 4.

Which tubes do you run, just out of interest.

Man I'm getting good growth but I think I need to up my light cycle. I'm running a 6x36. 12 inches above a 14inch deep tank. 10 hours total time. 3 of those hours are with all 6. The other 7 are just 4.

It could be worth a try, I've never burnt any corals so why not. :)

Which tubes do you run, just out of interest.

ATI bulbs, 4 x B+ 2 x C+ and 2 X Actinic

That's just insane,that tank is on steroids lol.

So insane. Haha. :lol: