inTank Media Baskets

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Bali Slimer;

I guess it's officially green. :lol:

Nice, now where's the growth tip. Maybe that slightly yellowish one in front? With all the little baby polyps around you just know it's about ready to launch.

With you running Zeovit and a super clean tank I can't imagine how fast this might grow.

Nice, now where's the growth tip. Maybe that slightly yellowish one in front? With all the little baby polyps around you just know it's about ready to launch.

Here's hoping. fingerscrossed

• Like 2

Enjoying your latest build. Have to admit I was never a fan of tonga branch LR, but you make everything look good and I can appreciate it now!

+1 I'm gonna throw one branch of tonga in my scape and make it stick out the water :lol:

• Like 2

Enjoying your latest build. Have to admit I was never a fan of tonga branch LR, but you make everything look good and I can appreciate it now!

Thanks. :) I was never the biggest fan either but I saw some really nice tanks with it so I thought I'd give it a go. We have a severe lack of really nice LR here else I'd go that route.

+1 I'm gonna throw one branch of tonga in my scape and make it stick out the water :lol:

Good idea! :lol:

Shaun can put a car tire in his tank, and we'd all follow, but only his would look awesome. lol

lol.

and every time I try to use tonga, it ends up being inappropriate. :unsure:

:lol:

Awesome on the new addition, I think every tank needs a big green Stag, I'm really into them at the moment - hopefully some less common colours will pop up at the stores so I can grab a couple more. :lol: From what I've heard the Nasuta grows really fast as well which is nice. You should buy it. :naughtydance:

What you said is so true, I just began liking them, and picked up a green stag last night!! That'll be the last coral I get for awhile. Time to sit back and watch them grow...

lts_february_11_2016_1280.jpg

Tank Shot - February 11, 2016;

Nothing new to report, added a couple of Gorgonians and moved one or two corals around but other than that, just letting things grow. :) Should probably clean that Mame. :lol:

unknown_brown_001_february_10_2016.jpg

• Like 20

MAME could do with a clean :lol:

Gotta' love those T5's right :)

So dirty. :lol: And yes, got to love the T5s. :)

Very nice as always Shaun. I see you added a gorgonian in the mangrove tank as well?

Thanks Andy, there is a piece in there for now yes - I ordered a couple of gorgonians and they came in huge so I had to do some trimming.

Mr Pacman Acropora;

The Pacman Acro is looking great again, it's working on getting a nice vibrant pink with green tips and it's got a lot of growth points which means it's settled in again.

I have this coral but struggle to get it to color. Do you have yours in high or low light? High or low flow?

I have this coral but struggle to get it to color. Do you have yours in high or low light? High or low flow?

I'd say medium light and flow. I don't have a par meter so I don't know the exact figures in my tank but it's pretty bright all over.

Started to build the same setup as you have! :D You're my inspiration!

Heart heart unicorn rainbow.

It's the T5s, everything colors up so beautifully IMO.

What are your thoughts on the Triton method?

I don't really know too much about Triton since I don't have access to the products without importing but it seems to be a great system. They certainly have the most incredible display tank of any supplement company I've seen. Based on that alone it has to work. :)

• Like 1

Heart heart unicorn rainbow.

I don't really know too much about Triton since I don't have access to the products without importing but it seems to be a great system. They certainly have the most incredible display tank of any supplement company I've seen. Based on that alone it has to work. :)

I find that it is far more transparent than the zeo system (no offence) because you're putting in trace elements based on testing and levels.

Both methods work, I just like to know why without running into 'proprietary' ingredients that are on zeo products.

I find that it is far more transparent than the zeo system (no offence) because you're putting in trace elements based on testing and levels.

Both methods work, I just like to know why without running into 'proprietary' ingredients that are on zeo products.

No offence taken, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :) I don't really see what's so mystical about Zeovit though, I mean all you're doing is using stones, a skimmer and a carbon source to control nutrients and then using aminos and coral foods to feed a tank - of which I probably use a lot less than many people not running Zeo. It's not all that different from any other carbon dosing methods IMO.
  • Like 3