inTank Media Baskets

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Plus the overall build would be cheaper

You have to consider the factors. More clarity means better pictures. Believe me, I've tried it with regular glass....ain't going back. Used the same exact camera on an ada (replacement of the regular glass tank). Best success in pictures ever.

• Like 1

Yes. I would get ADA tank, I've seem ADA and DoAqua tank side by side in person. There is not comparison! ADA high clarity is much better!

Bro, we think alike! :)

• Like 1

Adana-usa? Or ADGshop?

AFA is adana-usa. Their store name is actually Aqua Forest Aquarium.

ADG has quitted selling ADA stuffs now. They are clearing out their inventory.

• Like 1

Hey daletu what do you think is a better option, the 45f in high clarity which I would kinda prefer or the 60f in do!aqua glass?

For $25 differences, I would get 60F ADA. The clarity of the glass is definitely worth the extra!

• Like 1

Very lucky! Got a call from local shop (Barrier Reef Aquariums) today and told me that I won 4 Montipora in the raffle ticket drawing during their anniversary event last weekend! :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

Looking free and clean.

Hope I can keep it this way. :)

Just test water today... looking ok I believe.

Salinity 1.025

pH 8.2

Alkalinity 6.6 dKH (a little low, probably because RO/DI water from ATO, may need to get something to raise ATO's fresh water)

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0-5

Phosphate 0

Calcium 442

What would you recommend for raising Alkalinity?

• Like 2

Don't forget about that wire hider I recommended, ;)

About the alk, I'm not too sure lol. I still believe that you should do at least 30-40% water change weekly.

• Like 1

Very lucky! Got a call from local shop (Barrier Reef Aquariums) today and told me that I won 4 Montipora in the raffle ticket drawing during their anniversary event last weekend! :lol: :lol:

Wow, excellent. :) They look good in the tank as well.

• Like 1

I am doing 2 gallons weekly now. That's about 25-30%. Still waiting for my Red Sea Nitrate test kit to arrive so I will have more accurate readings. :)

Wow, excellent. :) They look good in the tank as well.

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Water changes aren't going to cut it for long because your tank is so small. You REALLY need to keep the alk as stable as possible. I would recommend getting some ESV b-ionics. It's a little more expensive than other brands but it's very easy to use, and it's relatively forgiving if you mess up a little. For a tank as small as yours a 1g jug would probably last a year.

JMO, but you should be fine keeping mg levels in check with just water changes, indefinitely. But you will definitely have to dose for alk & ca sooner rather than later.

Great start so far!

• Like 3

Water changes aren't going to cut it for long because your tank is so small. You REALLY need to keep the alk as stable as possible. I would recommend getting some ESV b-ionics. It's a little more expensive than other brands but it's very easy to use, and it's relatively forgiving if you mess up a little. For a tank as small as yours a 1g jug would probably last a year.

JMO, but you should be fine keeping mg levels in check with just water changes, indefinitely. But you will definitely have to dose for alk & ca sooner rather than later.

Great start so far!

Thank you glennr1978!

Should I start right now? My calcium is still pretty high, I am worry if I start dosing now, it will go skyrocket! Should I wait till I start seeing calcium level drops? Also, will it be a good idea to dose ESV b-ionic in fresh water in my ATO container instead of dosing directly into the tank?

• Like 1

measure alk and cal

then wait 24 hours and measure again

dose daily according to how much your system is using alk and cal

If you are using esv you probably will only have to dose 1-2 ml a day for now, but again to be sure find out how much your system is taking in first.

• Like 3

measure alk and cal

then wait 24 hours and measure again

dose daily according to how much your system is using alk and cal

If you are using esv you probably will only have to dose 1-2 ml a day for now, but again to be sure find out how much your system is taking in first.

Thanks! I will do another measurement today to see how much alk and cal my corals consume per day.

Will it be a good idea to does ESV in ATO's fresh water once my tank's alk and calcium are stable?

• Like 1

Thanks! I will do another measurement today to see how much alk and cal my corals consume per day.

Will it be a good idea to does ESV in ATO's fresh water once my tank's alk and calcium are stable?

no you have to keep 2 part seperate

if you want to use your ato water look into kalk

• Like 1

Thank you glennr1978!

Should I start right now? My calcium is still pretty high, I am worry if I start dosing now, it will go skyrocket! Should I wait till I start seeing calcium level drops? Also, will it be a good idea to dose ESV b-ionic in fresh water in my ATO container instead of dosing directly into the tank?

Don't dose Ca until you see it starting to drop between water changes. Your alk is pretty low, what I would recommend is testing the alk levels in some freshly mixed sw to make sure the salt mix isn't low in alk. If it is within the acceptable range (8-12dkh typically, but I tend to aim for right around 9dkh) then you will know that it is your corals actually consuming alk. In which case you will need to start dosing accordingly. There are directions on the labels of b-ionics, IIRC. I would start with half of the recommended dosage and test about an hour afterward. You want to raise your alk slowly so you don't shock the tank. An even better route, although not absolutely necessary, would be a dosing pump. Then you could split up the dosage throughout the day for increased stability.

I wouldn't dose alk into the ATO reservoir. It needs to be dosed into a high flow area, right in front of your vortech would be perfect.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask :).

Also, i wouldn't recommend kalk dosing at this point. It not only raises alk, but will raise ca as well. Which in your case is already high.

• Like 1

Don't dose Ca until you see it starting to drop between water changes. Your alk is pretty low, what I would recommend is testing the alk levels in some freshly mixed sw to make sure the salt mix isn't low in alk. If it is within the acceptable range (8-12dkh typically, but I tend to aim for right around 9dkh) then you will know that it is your corals actually consuming alk. In which case you will need to start dosing accordingly. There are directions on the labels of b-ionics, IIRC. I would start with half of the recommended dosage and test about an hour afterward. You want to raise your alk slowly so you don't shock the tank. An even better route, although not absolutely necessary, would be a dosing pump. Then you could split up the dosage throughout the day for increased stability.

I wouldn't dose alk into the ATO reservoir. It needs to be dosed into a high flow area, right in front of your vortech would be perfect.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask :).

Also, i wouldn't recommend kalk dosing at this point. It not only raises alk, but will raise ca as well. Which in your case is already high.

Thanks again glennr1978!

I was reading all these additives information on BRS website. I think I have decided to do the 2 part dosing instead of Kalkwasser. Like you said, in my case, seems like only the alk is low, so it might be better to separate cal and alk to give me more control on each value.

My ATO water pumps directly to my MP10 high flow area. Will that work for dosing alk in ATO reservoir? Or I shouldn't pump fresh water to MP10 after all?