Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

I'm sorry to be the mandarin police (especially since I'm almost a newbie) and I say this in the spirit of being helpful not criticizing: Your mandarin looks kinda skinny. I would increase the feedings to at least once a day.

I love your tank, it is phenomenal!

• Like 1
Everything looks amazing!

Your photos are awesome :)

Thank you! :)

I'm glad to see this tank is still chugging along. Looks phenomenal as usual :)

I was kind of neglecting the tank for a while but glad it is still doing fine.

I'm sorry to be the mandarin police (especially since I'm almost a newbie) and I say this in the spirit of being helpful not criticizing: Your mandarin looks kinda skinny. I would increase the feedings to at least once a day.

I love your tank, it is phenomenal!

Thank you Simone. I was trying to fatten up the mandarin since I got him. He was even skinnier before. I've been hesitate to feed more and worry that I'll have algae problem. But you are right, he is still a little skinny. I will increase feeding from now on and see how my tank takes it. Another problem I have right now is that mandarin is slow eater, my other fish always steal food from him. I need to find a way to solve this, maybe moving the mandarin to a breeding net to feed.

Thank you Simone. I was trying to fatten up the mandarin since I got him. He was even skinnier before. I've been hesitate to feed more and worry that I'll have algae problem. But you are right, he is still a little skinny. I will increase feeding from now on and see how my tank takes it. Another problem I have right now is that mandarin is slow eater, my other fish always steal food from him. I need to find a way to solve this, maybe moving the mandarin to a breeding net to feed.

Yes, they are such slow eaters that it is a challenge. I also have a new spotted mandarin in a small tank and although I haven't had algae problems yet, all the feeding is increasing my nitrates. I'm going to start a small side-by-side display refugium to add water volume and grow pods.

You might look into the idea of the "mandarin diner"; I've found it helpful even though my other fish are small enough to get in because my baby clown hasn't figured it out and my tailspot blenny eats from the diner but still leaves some for the mandarin.

Also, I've found that even though they are big my mandy loves PE mysis and has really fattened up eating that and Ova. They are supposed to have more protein than other mysis apparently. You can cut them into pieces.

They are just such awesome fish with the cutest mannerisms I think.

• Like 1

Have you had any problems with sexy shrimp and your orchid dottyback?

Would love for a P. Fridmani to be my last addition livestock wise, just curious on how aggressive you have found yours to be.

Tank looks amazing by the way!

• Like 1

This tank...too good to be true. Jk, sorry to hear about the sps tiny crash.

Haha! You are back!!!

Great tank and nice pictures!

Thanks!! :)

I really like the color tones in your photos and just now realized you run a Hydra light. What are your light setting when you shoot the tank?

Thanks! I don't change light color setting when I shoot. I do custom white balance then fix more in Lightroom.

Looking awesome!! One of my favorite tanks... so simple

Have you had any problems with sexy shrimp and your orchid dottyback?

Would love for a P. Fridmani to be my last addition livestock wise, just curious on how aggressive you have found yours to be.

Tank looks amazing by the way!

My sexy shrimps were long gone when I added the basslet. I didn't think basslet will eat them but sadly it did. I believe dottyback will also eat them, I wouldn't risk adding any semi-aggressive fish to a sexy shrimp tank. Sexy shrimps are so small and easy snack for them.
  • Like 2
Polarcollision

I just set up 15 timers in the PITA controller to mimic your lighting settings from page 1. I love the color blend - everything I knew the hydra was capable of.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome tank... one of the ones that push me over the edge to get back in.

When you started your tank what type of rock did you use and where did you pick it up? Same question for your sand... just exploring my options.

• Like 1

I noticed you didn't mention a heater? Are you using one?

Yes. Its hidden behind right side rock. :)

Hey just a Q

what sand are you using the tropic eden

aragornite or just regular

Caribsea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink. :)

so clean,colourfull & sexy tank.

inspiration :)

Awesome tank... one of the ones that push me over the edge to get back in.

When you started your tank what type of rock did you use and where did you pick it up? Same question for your sand... just exploring my options.

I use cured live rock and the sand is Caribsea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink.

wow ! you're tank is a really big inspiration for me and I was wondering how much the complete setup with everything that's in the cabinet under the tank costed you ?

i'm starting to save money to start a new project and i was thinking about something similar to yours.

thanks ,

justin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...