Innovative Marine Aquariums

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Crap really? Because I just ordered a custom Buildmyled fixture with a led combination of 2 warm whites, 2 ultra violets, 4 royal blues, 6 blues, and 1 red... I could of added a cyan or two to replace 2 of the either blues....Lol.

cyan isn't that important. maybe down the road if you don't get good coloration you could add a green/cyan or two.

• Like 2

cyan isn't that important. maybe down the road if you don't get good coloration you could add a green/cyan or two.

Well, I do get helpful supplements from the sunlight through the side windows in my house. Should be fine. Thanks.

• Like 3

post-82095-0-33109300-1383456224_thumb.gif

Looks like royal blue, deep blue and violet will enhance green and yellow. As spectrum moves toward green, it will enhance red color more. I actually google those words... the color of lines actually match the colors that coral reflects. Just a quick skim through wiki, I could be wrong.

post-82095-0-33109300-1383456224_thumb.gif

• Like 3

He's a 13 yr old kid with a low budget. Right 1.0? :)

Why simple corals? Why not SPS?

Crossed fingers! That's what I hope. If WC doesn't work out well. I may consider doing a sump too.

YES! I like simple awesome pretty softies and LPS for movement and color with a hint of sps for texture, unique growing patterns/colors, and diversity :)

Also for red, WW and NW may help, especially with acans IIRC

• Like 2

Looks like royal blue, deep blue and violet will enhance green and yellow. As spectrum moves toward green, it will enhance red color more. I actually google those words... the color of lines actually match the colors that coral reflects. Just a quick skim through wiki, I could be wrong.

You can get some trimma gobies for lower bioload. :)

That's if the clowns go back.

• Like 2

I disagree, when I tuned in my Razor it was crisp white with a hint of blue, not red-ish at all

Or ORA gobies, captive bred ;)

• Like 1

warm white and neutral white tend to make everything in the tank look redish, so it won't allow the red corals to stand out.

Got the high blues ratio for that. :)

• Like 1

YES! I like simple awesome pretty softies and LPS for movement and color with a hint of sps for texture, unique growing patterns/colors, and diversity :)

Also for red, WW and NW may help, especially with acans IIRC

One of the reason I chose SPS is because they grow slower so they won't fill my small tank as quick as LPS. Been said that, I think I will probably get one or two LPS too, this tank needs some movement. :)

• Like 2

One of the reason I chose SPS is because they grow slower so they won't fill my small tank as quick as LPS. Been said that, I think I will probably get one or two LPS too, this tank needs some movement. :)

good point, or at least slower in lower ca and mag

• Like 1

I love my toxic frogspawn. I also loved my torch till it started to sting the shit out of everything. Then it died. Then I got SPS. Haha.

• Like 3

Mhmmm if anything, sps only box would be sickk as well. I've seen it happened before.

• Like 2

Wow! They are tiny little fish. Will they pair with my pistol shrimp?

• Like 1

I love my toxic frogspawn. I also loved my torch till it started to sting the shit out of everything. Then it died. Then I got SPS. Haha.

I still think you should sell all your other corals except for the rics. Turn your whole tank to a ric domination!! Even a selection of sorted yumas. Tiny bubbles everywhere, like dreamland. So comfy.

Hell NO Lololol!! Haha that cracked me up.

They go in groups but not with a pistol shrimp...unless you're talking about the small kind of pistol shrimp. It won't pair but it'll get along.

• Like 2

No, there are multiple shrimp gobies that will and are under 2 inches, Yasha, Whitecap, Hi fin are a few :)

• Like 2

Hell NO Lololol!! Haha that cracked me up.

They go in groups but not with a pistol shrimp...unless you're talking about the small kind of pistol shrimp. It won't pair but it'll get along.

LOL! Just want to make sure otherwise if my pistol shrimp eat that fish, I will have to collect my lost from you. :)

No, there are multiple shrimp gobies that will and are under 2 inches, Yasha, Whitecap, Hi fin are a few :)

I actually wanted a yasha or hi fin but my LFS didn't have any.

• Like 2

Well thing is with yasha or hi fin, it might try to jump out of the tank. Please tell me you're running topless. I run topless and had hated tops since then...

What kind of pistol shrimp do you have? I still think you should go with trimma gobies. They're soo cute lol.

And you won't have to worry about having a drilled ada attempt or sump.

• Like 2

Well thing is with yasha or hi fin, it might try to jump out of the tank. Please tell me you're running topless. I run topless and had hated tops since then...

Please tell me you have a sweet top

JMO if you don't get a piece of glass that has two 1/4-1/2 inch gaps on either long side or clear netting

Haha... I don't have top. Don't like to have one, even though ADA has glass top looks clean but still ITS THERE! LOL

• Like 1

What kind of pistol shrimp do you have? I still think you should go with trimma gobies. They're soo cute lol.

And you won't have to worry about having a drilled ada attempt or sump.

Red Snapping Shrimp. Not small. Should have got Randall's Pistol Shrimp, much smaller I think.

• Like 1

Red Snapping Shrimp. Not small. Should have got Randall's Pistol Shrimp, much smaller I think.

Yes, that's the one, the Randall's pistol. That is the only pistol shrimp that can actually get along with trimma gobies. They won't pair though lol.

Sexy shrimps are cool but they can nip and eat corals or at least some of them. I had some kill my palys before.

• Like 1

Yes, that's the one, the Randall's pistol. That is the only pistol shrimp that can actually get along with trimma gobies. They won't pair though lol.

Sexy shrimps are cool but they can nip and eat corals or at least some of them. I had some kill my palys before.

Well... too late. I don't think I will ever be able to catch my pistol and change to a Randall's Pistol. He actually built a multi entrances tunnel under my left side rock and hides in there, never comes out except when smelling food and quickly grab a food then runs back into tunnel again.

Yea. Those are neat little pretty shrimps! I've seem youtube video that they attacked and ate chocolate starfish!

• Like 1