Cultivated Reef

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Probably need another tank, on the plus side, your Swissguard Basslet will probably eat them. :blink:

Haha... I don't know how to pick now. Fish or shrimps? Fish or shrimps? :blink:

Haha... I don't know how to pick now. Fish or shrimps? Fish or shrimps? :blink:

It would be super cool if you were able to raise some of the shrimps but as we all know when something is fussy it will only eat what you don't want it to, haha. Time for a 2nd shrimp only paradise? ;)

• Like 1

It would be super cool if you were able to raise some of the shrimps but as we all know when something is fussy it will only eat what you don't want it to, haha. Time for a 2nd shrimp only paradise? ;)

:blink: :blink: :blink: This hobby doesn't seem to reach the end!

• Like 2

:blink: :blink: :blink: This hobby doesn't seem to reach the end!

Hhaaha indeed, I'm already plotting my next tank. But I have a feeling we'll have to buy a new house before the better half let's that happen. :lol:

• Like 3

Hhaaha indeed, I'm already plotting my next tank. But I have a feeling we'll have to buy a new house before the better half let's that happen. :lol:

Haha... after the house, your evil half will tell you to do a 200 gallon tank. :D

• Like 1

Dude I guarantee he would go to town on some live mysids. Even if some don't get eaten they will live and breed in your tank. And sorry about the fishing line method, at least you got him to bite! Soaking the food in garlic will make him go crazy too.

• Like 3
You got a Swissguard?! Awesome! I love those little guys. Is he very active? Does he hide a ton?

He hides in the dark most of time, only comes out once in a while, but I only got him couple days ago so I'm hoping he will come out more often once he got used to my tank setting.

Dude I guarantee he would go to town on some live mysids. Even if some don't get eaten they will live and breed in your tank. And sorry about the fishing line method, at least you got him to bite! Soaking the food in garlic will make him go crazy too.

Yea. Your method works actually, at least he grab the mysis. I'm going to try soaking mysis in the garlic tonight to make it tastier. Haha :)

I am starting to think Daletu is either single or married and made of money! hahaha Apparently he has all the toys!

Haha... I'm just a poor photographer. :)

Ohh cmon Dale, you do know we all prefer to watch 720hd or higher quality videos!!! :)

And that Mk2 will do 1080 all day long!

Hahahaha. That tug of war video was just a quick capture with poor camera settings and it was at night, lots of noise and bands in the video, I had to shrink it down to hide the noise. Don't worry I'll do 1080 for sure later on. :) :)

• Like 3

Sigh... 2 of sexy shrimps are gone, probably been eaten by swissguard. Siwssguard's belly looks full. :(

And also found the yasha haze laying on the carpet this morning and swissguard took over his usual hiding spot. :(

• Like 1

Ohh fawk....I didn't think the basslet would eat the two shrimps.....sorry man....

I thought they should be fine together too but siwssguard has full belly now so looks like siwssguard ate them. :(

Damn...this happened out of no where...I forget who warned you about the swissguard eating sexys....I think it was VABUMPKIN or buddythelion...lol.

Ah... sorry to hear... but at least he's eating?

Yea. I guess the swissgurad was too hungry because he wouldn't take frozen food. :(

I am taking my last sexy shrimp to my friend's tank this afternoon. Sigh.

Still need to train the swissguard to eat frozen food though. I don't feel save to introduce any more small shrimps to my tank.

• Like 1

Yeah...freaking basslet...lol.

I am hoping the shrimps were just hiding to molt. Going to hold off given the sexy shrimp to my friend and take closer look inside caves when I come back from work tonight. I really hope they are just hiding. I like those little shrimps.

RIP my Yasha Haze. I guess goby/pistol pair won't happen in my tank.

• Like 2

Video Expert Please Help!

No matter how I set my camera, it always flicker!

Settings are 30fps, F2.8, 1/30 and Auto ISO. 1/30 of shutter should solve the flickering problem but it didn't!

• Like 2

It could be because of the shimmer effect off from the light and the pump. Try turning off the mp10 and see if that helps..were you using your iphone or camera?

I am sure it's not shimmer effect. In the slow motion, you can actually see light/dark horizontal banding from bottom to top.

• Like 1