Top Shelf Aquatics

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Swissguard it is.

Btw, Swissguard is more expensive than the other one at other place, not sure why Saltwaterfish sells it cheaper so its good deal buying Swissguard from them. :)

• Like 1

Actually I'm not sure if a swissguard would really enjoy your tank with its low height and minimal aquascape. If you haven't bought it yet I would hold off and look at some other options. If you've already bought it, let us know how everything goes because I'm interested to see how a cave basslet does in this kind of tank.

• Like 2

Actually I'm not sure if a swissguard would really enjoy your tank with its low height and minimal aquascape. If you haven't bought it yet I would hold off and look at some other options. If you've already bought it, let us know how everything goes because I'm interested to see how a cave basslet does in this kind of tank.

I already bought it, along with an Orchid Dottyback. Looks like both of them prefer caves. I may need to buy more branching rocks and put them behind my two big rocks so they have places to hide.

Two clowns fish will go back to my friend tomorrow. Kinda sad that they have to go but both Swissguard and Orchid have such fun and high energy characters which is what my tank really needs now.

• Like 2

Both Orchid Dottyback and Swissguard Basslet got here today, but they don't look very good when they arrived. After 1 hour acclimation, they look a little better. As soon as I put them in the tank, they went hiding under caves.

Wish me luck! I hope they survive! :(

131212-01.jpg

131212-02.jpg

Oh god, is it dead??? It doesn't look alive in that bag... Well, if they're hiding in caves, it should be fine. Give them a day or week. Try throwing in some pellets lol.

• Like 1

Oh god, is it dead??? It doesn't look alive in that bag... Well, if they're hiding in caves, it should be fine. Give them a day or week. Try throwing in some pellets lol.

They were half dead when they arrived. I will try throw some mysis and pellets into caves next few days. They did swim into caves by themselves when I release them to my tank, so at least they move.

• Like 1

They were half dead when they arrived. I will try throw some mysis and pellets into caves next few days. They did swim into caves by themselves when I release them to my tank, so at least they move.

Lolol I see. That's good man. How was the basslet looking?? You didn't post pictures of it lol.

• Like 1

Lolol I see. That's good man. How was the basslet looking?? You didn't post pictures of it lol.

They both are in the caves now. One of the pictures is the basslet. (the bottom picture)

• Like 1

Oh....lolol. Well, hope they come out and eat soon. Was the basslet pretty? The purple fridmani looks fine.

They both look pretty. Dottyback has very vivid color, it has a little bit of blue tint in the purple under my light, very unique. Basslet is good too, I like both of them, just wish they survive.

• Like 1

I see. Yeah, I know the fridmani is really pretty in person ahah. I wonder how the basslet would look...I forgot how they look in person....lol.

I will take some photos if they come out. :bowdown:

• Like 1

Beautiful tank daletu! The reef aquarium hobby would be much better if more people sought inspiration from planted tanks. As a whole, reefers don't understand the importance of hardscapes and carefully planing their coral placement from day 1. You're reef is a breath of fresh air. You're doing a great job.

• Like 1

Beautiful tank daletu! The reef aquarium hobby would be much better if more people sought inspiration from planted tanks. As a whole, reefers don't understand the importance of hardscapes and carefully planing their coral placement from day 1. You're reef is a breath of fresh air. You're doing a great job.

Thank you willyboy. Coming from planted aquarium, it does helps a lot especially planning hardscape like you said. You will have better understanding about using spaces to create depth which is very important for any kind of aquascape including reef tank or planted tank. I can't say I did a great job but I sure took a lot of time to think about my rocks and corals placement. :)

I think that place is in Canada. Don't think you could get it even if you wanted to. :P

Haha... I saw that too. I thought he just wanted to show what a beautiful chalice look like, I have no idea how to appreciate that at all. They just look so weird to me. :P

• Like 1