Innovative Marine Aquariums

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Yeah I was thinking of using lagoon mode lol, set it at 2 or 1 dot ahahah.

At least 2 dots so you have speed variation, otherwise, it will be just like regular pump with one constant speed.

You should play with short pulse mode too. The swinging motion may be good for your tank.

• Like 1

At least 2 dots so you have speed variation, otherwise, it will be just like regular pump with one constant speed.

You should play with short pulse mode too. The swinging motion may be good for your tank.

Ok I'll try both, what about long pulse?

• Like 1

Ok I'll try both, what about long pulse?

I don't like long pulse mode, its just long steady flow then stop then another steady flow, it does not create wave for our small tank.

• Like 1

Lolol nutrient mode it is....lolol.

Still, just try to maximize your flow with the best suitable mode. If you can't use more than 2 dots, then it's a total waste of MP10.

• Like 2

I don't like long pulse mode, its just long steady flow then stop then another steady flow, it does not create wave for our small tank.

I'm not a fan of it because of the noise but even I can get a wave in my 20" long tank, you just need to turn the pulse diall all the way to the left so the pulse is rapid. Currently I am using my MP10 on reefcrest at about 40-50%, I think I'll change it to lagoonal mode though as I think reefcrest is battering my LPS a little bit. There is a lot less settling detritus since the upgrade thoug so I am definitely happy about that outcome. My pump arrived with a faulty wet side though, I am still waiting for Ecotech to sort this out for me.

• Like 2

Still, just try to maximize your flow with the best suitable mode. If you can't use more than 2 dots, then it's a total waste of MP10.

Ehh, I bought on sale, and main purpose was to replace the filter lol.

• Like 1

Speaking of vermiculata I saw this hidden gem on DD the other day. Thought I'd share since I can't buy any corals yet. <_<

120513-150a.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Will go check it out now.

I'm not a fan of it because of the noise but even I can get a wave in my 20" long tank, you just need to turn the pulse diall all the way to the left so the pulse is rapid. Currently I am using my MP10 on reefcrest at about 40-50%, I think I'll change it to lagoonal mode though as I think reefcrest is battering my LPS a little bit. There is a lot less settling detritus since the upgrade thoug so I am definitely happy about that outcome. My pump arrived with a faulty wet side though, I am still waiting for Ecotech to sort this out for me.

Same here! I set mine to reef crest at 5 dots which is about 40-50%. I like it's random flow.

Ehh, I bought on sale, and main purpose was to replace the filter lol.

Haha... you still want it to work at it's best potential right. Otherwise, you can just bought a small regular pump. :)

• Like 2

Hey Daletu, are you using an MP10 shield for your pump to keep the vortex from happening?

I am looking for a good deal on an MP10.

I had one and used it for a few days and decided to take it off, because it created some weird affect to my tank's current. My top and bottom portions of water are too strong and middle is almost stand still.

Now, it creates vortex ones a while when the pump cranks up to the higher flow but most of time are ok, I just try to ignore it. Haha

buy eet! I would be so proud.

Wait... what is DD?

I had one and used it for a few days and decided to take it off, because it created some weird affect to my tank's current. My top and bottom portions of water are too strong and middle is almost stand still.

Now, it creates vortex ones a while when the pump cranks up to the higher flow but most of time are ok, I just try to ignore it. Haha

Wait... what is DD?

It's basically a wysiwyg section for liveaquaria.com lol..

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out how to set long pulse mode to a wave...I had it for a second there....lol.

Read through the full manual and play around all the settings! I know it's long but you have to. Hahaha

buy eet! I would be so proud.

I don't see it anymore! Might be gone already!

• Like 1
qualitycontrol

I'm trying to figure out how to set long pulse mode to a wave...I had it for a second there....lol.

You have to start slow and change the interval between pulses to make it create waves. I had it running strong on a 40g cube in long pulse but the intervals between pulses were short and the pump was on for a little longer.

• Like 2

You have to start slow and change the interval between pulses to make it create waves. I had it running strong on a 40g cube in long pulse but the intervals between pulses were short and the pump was on for a little longer.

I see. Yeah, I think I got it to work, it flows longer than it pauses for some weird reason, but I see a mini wave now!

• Like 1
qualitycontrol

I see. Yeah, I think I got it to work, it flows longer than it pauses for some weird reason, but I see a mini wave now!

well its based on frequencies to create a wave. Very similar to sound waves and vibration. I work in that department.

So you have to find the right frequency of pulses to create a wave. Think about making a wave in the bath tub, its all about timing.

• Like 2

well its based on frequencies to create a wave. Very similar to sound waves and vibration. I work in that department.

So you have to find the right frequency of pulses to create a wave. Think about making a wave in the bath tub, its all about timing.

Yeah I know, I got a mini wave now ahah. I'm afraid if I try to make it any bigger than it is now, it'll splash over! Haha.