Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Not sure if anyone have you an ID but the things under your GSP are colonial hydroids. Tanks looking awesome btw

Wow. Just did a search on colonial hydroids, looks like it's a pest! I need to take that rock out and kill those things before it spread to other part of tank. Thanks so much!

UPDATE:

On the second thought... are mine really colonial hydroids? Mine have very pretty neon green but most colonial hydroids pictures I saw on the internet are brown or yellow.

Yeah, they are just a different color. If the GSP rock isn't that big or connected to anything I would just throw it out.

Any other way besides throwing the whole rock away? I read somewhere says to use torch flame lighter to burn them out. :blink:

Yeah you can definitely try that, I was just thinking if the rock is small, throwing it out isn't too big of a deal. Especially if it has GSP attached lol.

• Like 1

Yeah, they are just a different color. If the GSP rock isn't that big or connected to anything I would just throw it out.

Hmm... I will think about it. I kinda like GSP but I know they spread fast and crazy. I put my Pink Panther Zoas around it to hope it won't spread over them. If it really gets out of control, I will just get rid of that rock then. :D

are your SPS turning pale?

Not really. Most colors turn deeper and richer actually, except the red color is noticeable lighter.

I dig the new signature

Haha. Thanks Brad!

Thank you! :) That's great! I am sure you will like the Hydra more. More colors and more control is always better. How is your tank? Hope it is back on track now.

I think I'll like the Hydra a lot more as well, wanting a little bit more 'natural' lighting. The tank seems to be doing alright at the moment thanks. The SPS lost a bit of colour during the mini cycle and they are showing signs of recovery now with colour returning. I am getting crazy PE at night as well since upping the night mode speed on the MP10.

• Like 1

Good to hear that the tank is coming back. How much is the Hydra upgrade kit? Have you thought about selling the Sol and getting a Nanobox from Dave? I got my freshwater unit last week and fell absolutely in love with it! It's truly a high quality light and great bright LEDs! Maybe you can consider getting one. I'm going to have a Mini Tide for the 30C Reef I'm preparing to build. :)

• Like 1

Hydra kit will cost me about $210USD shipped to Aus, replaces all the guts and LEDs of my Sol and makes it wireless which is nice. I have considered selling the Sol and the controller, when I factor in shipping and the upgrade kit my lighting whould have cost me around $700AUD which is kinda scary. I'll take a look at Dave's stuff before making my final decision.

• Like 1

Hydra kit will cost me about $210USD shipped to Aus, replaces all the guts and LEDs of my Sol and makes it wireless which is nice. I have considered selling the Sol and the controller, when I factor in shipping and the upgrade kit my lighting whould have cost me around $700AUD which is kinda scary. I'll take a look at Dave's stuff before making my final decision.

His website may not have all the information you need to know. I suggest you PM Dave directly and ask him plenty of questions. I'm sure he will answer all the questions in patience.

• Like 2

Honestly I would just wait and see what happens with the hydroids. I had some exactly like that in my pico and they to this day have not spread. And they don't bother anything else

• Like 1

Honestly I would just wait and see what happens with the hydroids. I had some exactly like that in my pico and they to this day have not spread. And they don't bother anything else

Sounds good. I will keep my eye on them. Thank you! :)

• Like 1

Found this critter tonight on the rock. It is about 1 inch long and moves very fast, faster than nassarius snail. Body shape is flat and hard shell is also flat. Does anyone have an idea what this critter is? Is it harmful?

snail_critter.jpg

• Like 1

your planted tank is rad btw..was considering starting up one again with a pair of german rams

Thanks man! Rams are cool! Beautiful fish and definitely have cool characters. You should do it! :D

• Like 1

Thanks man! Rams are cool! Definitely have cool characters. You should do it! :D

I have to sway my gf into letting me lol. I have my 4.5 gallon, 104 gallon, 40b Qt, and 120 gal bearded dragon terrarium..lol. I will just need to find a "deal I cant pass up" on a used tank haha

• Like 1

I have to sway my gf into letting me lol. I have my 4.5 gallon, 104 gallon, 40b Qt, and 120 gal bearded dragon terrarium..lol. I will just need to find a "deal I cant pass up" on a used tank haha

Haha. That's awesome! I used to have lots of pets when I was in college... 1 corn snake, 2 chinchillas, 2 sugar gliders, 3 ferrets, 1 coral tank, 1 sea horse tank, 1 fresh water tank and a cat... all in a little apartment and it smelled like a zoo. LOL! Thinking back now... I have no idea how my ex-girlfriend could stand that! :D

• Like 1

Help! This happens almost overnight! I just found out two of my corals are peeling from the bottom! They are my Red Planet Acro and Evergreen Acro. All other corals are looking fine and water parameters are good too. What's happening? What should I do now?

140127_peel1.jpg

140127_peel2.jpg

• Like 1