Cultivated Reef

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Thank you guys!

Anyone know how to make Swissguard eat? I tried to feed him all the food I got... pellets, frozen mysis, frozen plankton and frozen brine shrimp, he didn't like them. He looked at the frozen food and swam closer to it, but as soon as he realized it's not alive, he then backed off. Any idea how to make him eat frozen food?

Try offering enriched live foods, then mix that with garlic soaked frozen/prepared.

• Like 1

I am sure you have answered this, but what are you using for a a camera setup?

I use custom white balance (grey card method), and aperture priority between F2.8-5.6, ISO setting around 200-1600 depending on lighting brightness. Trick is to make your shutter speed fall between 60-80 because if its higher than that, you see color bands in your pictures and too slow you will most likely getting blurry shaky images.

Try offering enriched live foods, then mix that with garlic soaked frozen/prepared.

Hmm... not sure if my LFS have enriched live foods, but I will stop by to ask.

• Like 3
qualitycontrol

Hardware? camera and lens

I use custom white balance (grey card method), and aperture priority between F2.8-5.6, ISO setting around 200-1600 depending on lighting brightness. Trick is to make your shutter speed fall between 60-80 because if its higher than that, you see color bands in your pictures and too slow you will most likely getting blurry shaky images.

Hmm... not sure if my LFS have enriched live foods, but I will stop by to ask.

• Like 2

Haha... Doesn't change much so didn't take any FTS. :)

Sorry, just saw the sexy pics, wanted to see some more lol, beautiful shrimp btw..

What's that red coral in the bottom left of your tank?

• Like 2

How much? Is it easy to use? Or complex.... <_<

Somewhere around $6K. :) or more if you get the S model.

Sorry, just saw the sexy pics, wanted to see some more lol, beautiful shrimp btw..

What's that red coral in the bottom left of your tank?

Haha... thanks! :)

That's not a coral, it's red flower rock anemone.

• Like 1

Fuxxx................................. lol. Easy to use though?

More complex of course. :)

Ah ok cool dude, insanely beautiful pics as usual.

Thanks nanoreefer11!

I am still learning how to shoot macro photos. This 100mm is my first macro lens. It's a really nice lens so I believe it's the lens who did the good job, not me. Haha!

• Like 1

Ok. I tried the fishline method to trick my Swissguard Basslet to take frozen food. He took it but then spit it out! :furious: I will try couple more times tomorrow, hopefully he will eat it when he is really hungry.

• Like 2

Looks like both of my female sexy shrimps are carrying eggs!!!!! What should I do to increase the survival rate of the babies? Or it is just impossible without a separate tank?

• Like 3

Looks like both of my female sexy shrimps are carrying eggs!!!!! What should I do to increase the survival rate of the babies? Or it is just impossible without a separate tank?

Probably need another tank, on the plus side, your Swissguard Basslet will probably eat them. :blink:

• Like 1