Top Shelf Aquatics

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Any youtube video? I want to see how active they are. I really like dottyback's curiosity personality. :)

Lol, I tried looking for one...no good videos....

Swissguards are very pretty though, I've seen one in person. They are expensive because of their rarity.

• Like 1

Wow! Beautiful beautiful tank and beautiful fish too!!

He has a pair of picasso clowns for $300, and a pair of helfrichi's for $140....and to add up his corals....he's got several grands total.

• Like 1

Also picked up this guy! I think I may need to return my clowns. <_<

Meeting each other! :)

131209-02.jpg

Look at his fangs! :scarry:

131209-03.jpg

Haha, yeah... you're supposed to pick up the Orchid Dottyback if you wanted a dottyback. That's the Strawberry, it's a much more aggressive cousin!

• Like 2

He has a pair of picasso clowns for $300, and a pair of helfrichi's for $140....and to add up his corals....he's got several grands total.

Yea. That's crazy! All exotic stuffs, you can tell his corals are definitely rare ones too! :eek::eek: Drooling!

Haha, yeah... you're supposed to pick up the Orchid Dottyback if you wanted a dottyback. That's the Strawberry, it's a much more aggressive cousin!

Haha... I know. Very stupid of me! :D:D

• Like 1

Yea. That's crazy! All exotic stuffs, you can tell his corals are definitely rare ones too! :eek::eek: Drooling!

Too bad it doesn't look like that anymore...most his sps died...sps are pita to care for,....

Too bad it doesn't look like that anymore...most his sps died...sps are pita to care for,....

Hmmm.... wish me luck too! :)

The one I just picked up wasn't cheap either. I hope my tank setup can show it's true color in the future. It doesn't look like what it supposed to look at all at this moment.

• Like 1

Hmmm.... wish me luck too! :)

The one I just picked up wasn't cheap either. I hope my tank setup can show it's true color in the future. It doesn't look like what it supposed to look at all at this moment.

Yeah that's why I never touched sps. Too much work, dosing...I don't dose anything for lps aha. Easy, easy. :)

• Like 1

What stick is it... looks like a blue tenuis?

I think it's even rarer than Blue Tenuis. It's a Blue Matrix. :)

They should probably look like this...

BlueMatrix-1.jpg

My LFS's colony looks like this...

BlueMatrixlg.jpg

• Like 2

WOW! Tyree Blue Matrix! That's a very nice coral and hard to find. I think it's a vermiculata?

Yea. That's why I go straight to the shop immediately after work. Haha! They had 3 frags and lucky

me got the last one! :D (And too excited so got the wrong fish! :P) Hahaha

It says papillate on my LFS website.

• Like 2

I use Reef Crest at 5th dot.

Ok, just read the instruction manual...anyways, why is yours at 5th dot? Does that determine the speed? What about the other modes? And what would you recommend for my tank? 8g but more cubish than yours.

• Like 1
qualitycontrol

Ok, just read the instruction manual...anyways, why is yours at 5th dot? Does that determine the speed? What about the other modes? And what would you recommend for my tank? 8g but more cubish than yours.

Its really hard to determine. You really have to just try it out and see what works for you. I had a real hard time with an MP10 and a 60F. I still have it and am running a koralia Nano and a maxi-jet. I want another MP10 and I will try your reefcrest setting.

• Like 2

Its really hard to determine. You really have to just try it out and see what works for you. I had a real hard time with an MP10 and a 60F. I still have it and am running a koralia Nano and a maxi-jet. I want another MP10 and I will try your reefcrest setting.

Reef crest mode gives you random broad range of speed. Other modes have fixed pattern which I don't like. And lagoon mode gives you random mode but doesnt have wide speed range, it keeps at higher speed most of time. That's why I chose reef crest.

It is PIA to setup MP10 in 60F because our tank is too shallow. I think for your 8g cube will work a bit better but because your tank is shorter, you may need to set your speed way low, especially you have scoly which prefer low to medium flow. I will say 2-3 dots will be good. 4 will probably be too high. Look how debris flow and determine if its too strong or too weak.

You can also try short palse mode to create wave and see if you like it. Also, you need to download the full manual from EcoTech website, the manual came with the pump doesn't contain detail instruction.

• Like 1

Reef crest mode gives you random broad range of speed. Other modes have fixed pattern which I don't like. And lagoon mode gives you random mode but doesnt have wide speed range, it keeps at higher speed most of time. That's why I chose reef crest.

It is PIA to setup MP10 in 60F because our tank is too shallow. I think for your 8g cube will work a bit better but because your tank is shorter, you may need to set your speed way low, especially you have scoly which prefer low to medium flow. I will say 2-3 dots will be good. 4 will probably be too high. Look how debris flow and determine if its too strong or too weak.

You can also try short palse mode to create wave and see if you like it. Also, you need to download the full manual from EcoTech website, the manual came with the pump doesn't contain detail instruction.

I see. Well, so lagoon mode is strong? I thought it would be weak ahah.

• Like 1

I see. Well, so lagoon mode is strong? I thought it would be weak ahah.

It gives you smoother but stronger flow because it keeps the speed closer to your maximum speed setting. However you can still use lagoon mode and set the pump to maybe 2 dots to give your tank slow and smooth effect. I will probably do lagoon or short palse mode for your tank, because you only have one type of coral in it, doesnt really need broad range of flow speed.

• Like 1

It gives you smoother but stronger flow because it keeps the speed closer to your maximum speed setting. However you can still use lagoon mode and set the pump to maybe 2 dots to give your tank slow and smooth effect. I will probably do lagoon or short palse mode for your tank, because you only have one type of coral in it, doesnt really need broad range of flow speed.

Yeah I was thinking of using lagoon mode lol, set it at 2 or 1 dot ahahah.

• Like 1