inTank Media Baskets

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Love your photos dude, pretty much all are wallpaper worthy in my book. I love your green monti with the purple polyps, beautiful.

Thanks again! :)

Yea. That's Tyree Flower Petal Montipora. It's my favorite among all the montipora I have.

• Like 2

That long pause was just me inhaling !!!! What an absolutely STUNNING tank !!!! My favorite coral is that Tyree Flower Petal - gorgeous!

• Like 3

That long pause was just me inhaling !!!! What an absolutely STUNNING tank !!!! My favorite coral is that Tyree Flower Petal - gorgeous!

Lol! Thank you Danna. The hardest part is still yet to come which is to maintain the tank. I'm stilling learning. :)

The stand is combined two IKEA BESTA units with glossy door panels.

I don't have filtration. I hope to rely on live rocks and 10% water change weekly. Hope it will be fine. Fingers crossed! If it fails, I may add a sump and skimmer in the future.

I didn’t even know you can be successful without filtration?!?! You have just made my weekend! OMG IM so excited!

• Like 1
I didn’t even know you can be successful without filtration?!?! You have just made my weekend! OMG IM so excited!

Haha. Thanks. Large water change works. I was doing 10% but now doing 50%.

• Like 1
I see you're making big water changes now. ;)

Next thing you know, you're going to do 70% water changes. :)

Haha. It's possible if I keep adding critters to my tank. So far, nitrate 0, phosphate <0.03ppm at the end of each week. Which is good I think. :)

• Like 1

I pm'd. Since he handpicks all his corals, I'm sure he can get you something awesome.

Richard replied! Thanks so much! He has a Yellow Splatter Hammer and he is showing it to me now. :)

• Like 1

those pictures..amazing! :)

Thank you! :)

Your tank looks great! Excellent macro shots too!

Wow! My inspirational tank owner pay a visit to my thread! I feel honored! :) Thank you!

• Like 1
What is that ADA bottle thing on the side with what looks like pepper corns in it?

NM I see it is a fish feeder. Thats pretty bomb.

Sorry. Not in front of my computer. Yep! That's a fish feeder.

Richard said he picked some yellow torches today.

He sent me a photo of a yellow splatter hammer couple days ago. I will ask him to send me a yellow torch photo as well. :) Thanks!

• Like 1

I saw this acropora that I have always wanted showing on LFS facebook! It's extremely rare, only one frag left when I went to get it within one day! My LFS has one colony in their display tank and only frag it once in a while. Guest what it is? :)

My pictures doesn't show it's true color, it should look kind of faded blue color.

131209-04.jpg

• Like 1

Lolol nice photos but take that purple dottyback fish back!! It's an aggressive fish known for its bad reputation...

Stupid me! Bought the wrong fish! Haha

• Like 1