inTank Media Baskets

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Thanks Dave!

I have another 60F sitting on the side and still haven't decide what to do with it yet. Illuiix is trying to convince me to do another reef tank but I am leaning toward doing a rock scape with crystal shrimps in it. :)

Lolol just save it. Wait for another 4 months or so, then we will see! :)

That'd be pretty cool. I think it was be cool as hell if you could acclimate crystals to saltwater !! Could you imagine having those things crawling all over a reef !!!

Have you ever gotten your hands on any of the panda crystals or the blackberry shrimp ? One of my LFS's had them both for $4.99 a piece at one time. I was just at the other one and they have the cherries right now for $3 and a special but 2+ get them for $2.50 !!!

• Like 1

You know the SS Grade PRL Crystal Shrimps I have are $30/shrimp. I imported directly from Taiwan. The breeder also has some high quality SSS PRL for $400 up to $2000 per shrimp!!! Breeding crystal shrimps can get very expensive like reef tank as well. Haha...

Here is one of those $400 PRL.

1417509_548414405234420_1668757131_o.jpg

I don't think there is any way to acclimate crystal shrimp to saltwater. Amano shrimps may be possible. :)

• Like 5

Thanks for the compliment! I am sure there are a lot of great photographers in this forum, I see a lot of awesome shots! I always wanted to start a thread asking how many full/part time photographers here. I bet there are tons of them. :)

Have you seen some of the IAPLC planted tanks? If you see them, you will want to set up a tank like those too! Haha...

This is just one example...

grand_prize.jpg

Haha... I know. Not as colorful as reef tank but don't you amazed that people can actually build something like these in a tank... :D

004.jpg

007-2.jpg

done looking at this thread. I kicked the planted idea out of my head months ago, now I want to try one again.

• Like 3

done looking at this thread. I kicked the planted idea out of my head months ago, now I want to try one again.

I know right?! The only person I can not convince to try another planted tank is Illuiix now. :P Haha

• Like 1

Thats just down right crazy dude.. I was reading into it last year,and just wanted to set up maybe a 3 gallon nano with a few crystal shrimp but I couldnt even keep the panda's or cherries alive.. No idea why.. They would molt,then just disappear then a few days later I'd find the body to them because the fish had drug them out in the front of the tank and decided to snack on them :furious:

For $2000 a shrimp,you get could set up a top notch reef tank or 2-3 amazing nano's.. I couldnt spend all that one just ONE crystal,regardless the grade lol.

• Like 1

Thats just down right crazy dude.. I was reading into it last year,and just wanted to set up maybe a 3 gallon nano with a few crystal shrimp but I couldnt even keep the panda's or cherries alive.. No idea why.. They would molt,then just disappear then a few days later I'd find the body to them because the fish had drug them out in the front of the tank and decided to snack on them :furious:

For $2000 a shrimp,you get could set up a top notch reef tank or 2-3 amazing nano's.. I couldnt spend all that one just ONE crystal,regardless the grade lol.

There could be many reason for population decline or death even if you think your water is in pristine condition... right pH, right KH or even right GH. One of the reason people usual miss is the calcium level of your water, your shrimp will have hard time molting, then ended up dying. Also, too big of pH swing by too low of KH will also kill shrimps.

I know! $2000 per shrimp is crazy! That's why I start with just $30 ones and hope one day they will give birth to one of those high quality one! Haha

I'm hard to convince because you must consider myself being a part minimalist. :)

You can setup a Crystal Shrimp only tank! That's minimalist! It's just like Scoly only tank! :)

• Like 1

You know the SS Grade PRL Crystal Shrimps I have are $30/shrimp. I imported directly from Taiwan. The breeder also has some high quality SSS PRL for $400 up to $2000 per shrimp!!! Breeding crystal shrimps can get very expensive like reef tank as well. Haha...

Here is one of those $400 PRL.

1417509_548414405234420_1668757131_o.jpg

I don't think there is anyway to acclimate crystal shrimp to saltwater. Amano shrimps may be possible. :)

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/shrimp-other-invertebrates/81332-shrimp-heaven-lots-pictures.html

Drool on, this guy is local to me and has INSANE shrimps!

http://www.speedieaquatics.com/shrimp/

Sorry that was the wrong one, this one is the right one

http://www.speedieaquatics.com/shrimp/

• Like 1

Yea. I know him. His name is Nick if I remember right. I bought some SSS from him before and they are very good quality. He got his shrimps from Taiwan I believe. His PRL is a little too expensive that's why I imported mine myself. Haha. He is definitely a person you want to contact if you want some exotic fresh water shrimps. :)

• Like 2

so I need to set up a freshwater setup now, and use a nanobox that I have!-ack my wifes gonna kill me!

I guess I have a nice fiancé then. She is fine with whatever tank I setup as long as it makes the house/room look nicer. :D Just tell your wife that way... or if you own the house... just say it will even raise the house value! :P

• Like 3

Haha... I am still waiting for my macro lens to arrive. I got a 65mm Macro last week but it was so hard to use so I returned it. I have a 100mm Macro in a UPS truck now, should arrive on Wednesday. :)

100mm macro

Hey what lens did you end up buying?

Update:

1. Took 2 more sexy shrimp home yesterday

2. Figured out my tank is using 10ml ALK and 8ml CAL per day.

3. Ordered a Marine Magic dosing pump on eBay from Hong Kong after doing some research.

4. Will return Red Snapping Shrimp to LFS tomorrow, and plan to get a Randall's Pistol Shrimp if they have one in stock.

5. Have a Yasha Hase Shrimp Goby on special order list at LFS to pair with Randall's Pistol Shrimp.

:D :D :D

• Like 2