Pod Your Reef

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

I know. I've seen this before! Love how colorful and fullness of this tank!!

Yeah this video came out in October 18, 2013, so pretty recent haha.

Maybe some day you will go with a big reef tank?? Lolol

• Like 1

Daletu, can you become NR's "TOTM Photographer" who goes to all the totm candidates houses and photographs their tanks? Because those macro shots with that camera are drop dead smexy.

Seriously can't wait to see what kind of shots you take once everything settles in with stable parameters!

• Like 1

Daletu, can you become NR's "TOTM Photographer" who goes to all the totm candidates houses and photographs their tanks? Because those macro shots with that camera are drop dead smexy.

Seriously can't wait to see what kind of shots you take once everything settles in with stable parameters!

Thanks for the compliment! I am sure there are a lot of great photographers in this forum, I see a lot of awesome shots! I always wanted to start a thread asking how many full/part time photographers here. I bet there are tons of them. :)

Yeah this video came out in October 18, 2013, so pretty recent haha.

Maybe some day you will go with a big reef tank?? Lolol

Have you seen some of the IAPLC planted tanks? If you see them, you will want to set up a tank like those too! Haha...

This is just one example...

grand_prize.jpg

• Like 3

Ehhh, I'm not a big fan of planted tank....all I see is green and brown....lol.

Haha... I know. Not as colorful as reef tank but don't you amazed that people can actually build something like these in a tank... :D

004.jpg

007-2.jpg

• Like 4

Mmm maybe if I could see it in person?? From pictures, it's decent but not enough to amaze me yet lol. I know Amano, is famous for this, but I still haven't seen that kind in person.

• Like 1

Haha... I know. Not as colorful as reef tank but don't you amazed that people can actually build something like these in a tank... :D

004.jpg

007-2.jpg

So lovely, one of my favorite aquascapes (fresh or salt) was Reciprocity by the green machine, such a beautiful tank!

• Like 1

Mmm maybe if I could see it in person?? From pictures, it's decent but not enough to amaze me yet lol. I know Amano, is famous for this, but I still haven't seen that kind in person.

Yea. You need to see one in person. Planted tank has a lot more detail than a reef tank, when I mean detail, means that it requires precision planning when doing your landscape... think of this way... you only have 2 different colors to work with, and you need to build something dramatic... it requires to use light to create shapes of different green and brown, distances to sense of depth, and different plants to highlight areas. Plants are also like corals, different plants need different lighting requirement, otherwise they will grown in different forms or shape that you don't want them to. These all need to be considered when you plan your aqua scape... of course there are a lot more... not to mention you need to make your plant grow healthy but not letting unwanted algae thrive... etc. It's actually very challenging if you want to create something great like those tanks above. If you get your hands on one of those, you will be amazed how amazing they are! Haha...

• Like 3

So lovely, one of my favorite aquascapes (fresh or salt) was Reciprocity by the green machine, such a beautiful tank!

Yea. It's so sad that a lot of great planted guys/shops are outside US. We really need more good shops in the US who can educate or teach aquascapes like Green Machine.

Sounds like too much work. Not interested!!! Muahahaha, reef all the way!! :)

Haha... :D I know I won't convince you.

• Like 4

This tank is one of my favorites! I'm amazed every time I see how few gallons it actually is. Gives me hope for my own little tank. :)

Thank you Kellie! Small tanks like ours can be easy to maintain and don't need loads of money to get those expensive equipments. :) But it's also not too simple to keep the water parameters steady. I am still trying to find my tank's balance of alkalinity and calcium consumption, from what I have known right now, looks like dosing alk and cal is definitely necessary for small tank like ours. My SPS are consuming those like crazy! :)

Never ended up posting on this thread...AWESOME.

THANKS! :D

• Like 1

Are you dosing alot more part B for alk? I checked my parameters last night. Calcium was very high at 480. Alk was 7.

No. I am dosing same amount of alk and cal right now. Last night I tested, it was alk 9.18 and cal 436.

Looks like my alk went down and calcium went up a little so I will adjust my dosing a little bit too. Maybe more alk and less cal.

My goodness, I just cant get over how pristine everything from the lighting, scape to stand all looks, youve missed nothin. IMPECCABLE!

Thank you very much! :)

Great photos and all! I am glad to see a new reefer that is into planted tanks. I am just getting mine started back up. Thinking of doing a hardscape but who knows!

Keep up the good work.

-Dave

• Like 2

Great photos and all! I am glad to see a new reefer that is into planted tanks. I am just getting mine started back up. Thinking of doing a hardscape but who knows!

Keep up the good work.

-Dave

Thanks Dave!

I have another 60F sitting on the side and still haven't decide what to do with it yet. Illuiix is trying to convince me to do another reef tank but I am leaning toward doing a rock scape with crystal shrimps in it. :)

• Like 2

Thanks Dave!

I have another 60F sitting on the side and still haven't decide what to do with it yet. Illuiix is trying to convince me to do another reef tank but I am leaning toward doing a rock scape with crystal shrimps in it. :)

JMO do a a minimalist perspective style planted tank

• Like 1

JMO do a a minimalist perspective style planted tank

Dooooo it lol. Me and my brother n law had a 40 breeder planted tank,I miss it.. It was about 2+ years old.

Some A grade crystals would be awesome !!!

I have some SS Grade PRL that are carrying eggs now. Soon I will be needing a breeder tank, but I don't want it to be plain and ugly so still thinking what type of scape I want to do. Have to think about the condition for the shrimps as well. They require soft water, so simply just rocky terrain won't work, most rocks raises pH and water hardness so may need to mix some woods and branches as well. We will see. :)

Dave, can your nanobox keep lights on at night or can it have separate moon light. I may use nanobox for the 60F planted in the future.

• Like 1