SaltCritters.com

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

I'd like to get them down the line because both my other fish are pink and I've always liked the blue (I like the freshwater neons and cardinals as well) and they're pretty and there's not much blue you can put in a tank and aside from the 6line I think all the other fish are lower ammonia producing fish, just because the 6line always wants to eat, could always eat.

Is there any other single fish that would work well with those and my tailspot and 6line?

Is 5 two-inch fish the max I should put in?

I put in about 15 gallons of water in my tank. Warming up some more. Cloudy of course. Going to leave it 2/3 empty for the rock that comes. I do see I have to stop at the Petco at lunch tomorrow across from work and pick up more sand. there's 2/3-3/4" w/ 30 lbs in there and I have none for the fuge. See if I can pick up a 10 lb bag.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new thread! How exciting. I'll be following.

I love the basket idea. I'm curious to see how well it works. I wish you luck on your voyage :D

Edit: I would get a goby :happy:

A new thread! How exciting. I'll be following.

I love the basket idea. I'm curious to see how well it works. I wish you luck on your voyage :D

Thanks. We'll see, will look funny for the moment but it's functional only for a little while.

5 little fish is nothing for your 34 gallon =P. I read gobies contribute very little to bioload.
I agree! I had 12 fish in my 24x24x12 30 gallon. :) had to run extra GFO and bigger waterchanges but never any crazy algae outbreaks.

So I have to think about the possibilities so I know what order they need to go in. I know that I don't need another fish that eats pods, 6line will easily clean it up. But I don't know much. I've always thought the little red scooter blenny was cute but I'm concerned about competition. It would be cool if I got a free pistol shrimp in my rock order. I'd have to get a fish then to pair with him, I'm still thinking of that too as another possibility- shrimp/goby pair because they'll be localized to the rock.

I love my little yellow clown gobies they have so much personality. I have one that rides on the back of my hand when I wipe the glass on the inside.

Gobies seem to be winning. I was thinking of the yellow clown goby as well, I would just have to make sure I leave my 6 sps in the Evolve 8.

Oh, and I'm not a fan of firefish.

Gobies seem to be winning. I was thinking of the yellow clown goby as well, I would just have to make sure I leave my 6 sps in the Evolve 8.

Oh, and I'm not a fan of firefish.

Hah...and I was just going to suggest a firefish. I'll have to give this some thought. :)
Mr. Microscope

Spiders everywhere!

You should probably get that checked out.. LOL ;)

Cute pooch! This build is coming along nicely! Looking forward to seeing more.

BTW, I'm sure I missed it, but what are your stocking plans aside from gobies?

I just put up a 20 long and have been considering some of these same fish. Namely, Six Line, Neon Gobie pair, Tailspot Blenny or a Pygmy Angle.

So many awesome fish to choose from.

You should probably get that checked out.. LOL ;)

Cute pooch! This build is coming along nicely! Looking forward to seeing more.

BTW, I'm sure I missed it, but what are your stocking plans aside from gobies?

I will be moving my tailspot and 6 line, want to get a mated pair of blue neon gobies from KP Aquatics, a yellow goby too, they look so cute and you can't beat the bright yellow.

What clowns remain smaller? Oh, and I'm mainly doing mushrooms, some lps, want to do maybe 3 kinds of different variety dendro, I have a rock flower, want to get another, some gorgs. some things I've never had.

I will be moving my tailspot and 6 line, want to get a mated pair of blue neon gobies from KP Aquatics, a yellow goby too, they look so cute and you can't beat the bright yellow.

What clowns remain smaller? Oh, and I'm mainly doing mushrooms, some lps, want to do maybe 3 kinds of different variety dendro, I have a rock flower, want to get another, some gorgs. some things I've never had.

No Z's and P's?

so far then....tailspot, sixline

yellow goby

neon gobies

a pair of clowns

I have to start reading up on clowns.

No Z's and P's?

Most definitely, I'll move my Rainbow Paly over and then I'm open for more!!! There are just too many to want.

yellow goby

neon gobies

a pair of clowns

Most definitely, I'll move my Rainbow Paly over and then I'm open for more!!! There are just too many to want.

Wanting keeps me interested. I get bored easily what is reefing without shopping? :)

My first pic. Lights are on. The AC70 you see will go to fuge, maybe, seems mighty powerful.

The Finnex 150W heater w/ controller may not be working. I press the up and down arrows and it doesn't change the display. I hold the button 3 sec as it says and it doesn't turn off the controller.. Good thing I have 3 other heaters.

Aside from that so far so good.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/012_zps3fa3c612.jpg.html'>012_zps3fa3c612.jpg

yellow goby

neon gobies

a pair of clowns

For now, stick to those 6 IMO. Make sure there's room for the rockdwellers

For clowns occies, percs, and skunk clowns.

When the rocks come I'll probably move the HOB to the right side, the skimmer will go on the left along w/ the heater- only while cycling, still working on fuge baffles. I'll be out of town 11/15- returning 11/19 so sometime after that I'll get the fuge going. I have to change out the heater right now- tomorrow I'll try getting the WP-25 in there on the lowest setting.

For now, stick to those 6 IMO. Make sure there's room for the rockdwellers

For clowns occies, percs, and skunk clowns.

Yeah, I can't imagine more than that right now. What kind of rockdwellers for example? Oh, and I'd like to have 2 of those porcelain crabs, the white ones w/ the spots.

Archived