Pod Your Reef

Found this on my zoa rock!

dannyboy402

Hard to tell from pic. But I definitely see feeder/sweeper tentacles.. I'd let it grow and see what it becomes... Looks like an lps of some kind.

Mr. Microscope

I was going to say mushroom, but GHill makes a good point. Maybe a blasto? Cool hitch hiker! Good luck. Please update this thread as it grows.

I don't know what these are either but they look like they're coming out of the rock. The edges of it blend right into the rock like a barnacle but in the middle you can see a mouth and at the ends you can see some kind of tentacles :D You guys know what it is?

1375076_10100408025336383_941469884_n.jp

1385455_10100408024907243_1716652136_n.j

1378889_10100408024807443_929612626_n.jp

Short video of these

Mr. Microscope

Ball anemones. Take 'em or leave 'em. Some claim they're harmless, others say kill with fire. Supposedly, they can be quite dangerous to livestock when they get big, but that takes a long time. They do tend to spread very fast though. So, make your decision soon. BTW, I have a bunch and rather like them.

Yeah they're up high and they are VERY small. There's about 4 of them that I can see. They're not close to any other corals either so they stay until otherwise!

thesmallerthebetter

Ball anemones. Take 'em or leave 'em. Some claim they're harmless, others say kill with fire. Supposedly, they can be quite dangerous to livestock when they get big, but that takes a long time. They do tend to spread very fast though. So, make your decision soon. BTW, I have a bunch and rather like them.

i swear i see skeleton in those and that would make then cup corals and should be fed to promote growth as they are a nice little partially photosynthetic LPS.

I love them! Mine disappeared though. I'm sure it's hiding somewhere :/

I wish I could find another rock with them on it.

i swear i see skeleton in those and that would make then cup corals and should be fed to promote growth as they are a nice little partially photosynthetic LPS.

They do have a base to them. It's kinda hard to see bc they're in the back of the tank and my lens doesn't get close enough! We'll just have to wait and see what small corals I got for free! :D

Mr. Microscope

I love them! Mine disappeared though. I'm sure it's hiding somewhere :/

I wish I could find another rock with them on it.

I find them on the undersides of rocks and shells frequently (not directly to the sandbed, but hanging upside down).
I don't know what these are either but they look like they're coming out of the rock. The edges of it blend right into the rock like a barnacle but in the middle you can see a mouth and at the ends you can see some kind of tentacles :D You guys know what it is?

1375076_10100408025336383_941469884_n.jp1385455_10100408024907243_1716652136_n.j1378889_10100408024807443_929612626_n.jp

Short video of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr01dEc4PMM'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr01dEc4PMM

These are hidden cup corals.

I still can't figure out what it is lol

neither can I, but I'm jealous of the neat hitchhiker. I just saw the original pic and it's tiny. what are you feeding it?

neither can I, but I'm jealous of the neat hitchhiker. I just saw the original pic and it's tiny. what are you feeding it?

I just feed it tiny bits of mixed frozen food out of my pipette. It's always catching the tiny pieces of brine/mysis shrimp.

Archived