inTank Media Baskets

2.5 Gallon Alley Oop - Retired 1/10/2015

Roshan8768

Roshan8768

I'm liking the scape! You gotta love Petco lol, do you think you'll ever add any fish? A goby pistol shrimp pair would be cool in this tank B)

Yeah I prefer to support my LFS, but when there isn't one around Petco works as a last resort, especially when you get good deals like that. I think I got 40-50 heads of some pretty nice zoas for $10 once because they had been there for 4 weeks and no one had bought them so the manager knocked down the price for me.

Nah... I tried the whole fish in a pico thing with the yellow tail damsel. You can see the pics on the earlier pages. I really want to keep this tank going till I graduate now without any crashes and I think no fish and large 100% water changes every 2 weeks are going to be key

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I prefer to support my LFS, but when there isn't one around Petco works as a last resort, especially when you get good deals like that. I think I got 40-50 heads of some pretty nice zoas for $10 once because they had been there for 4 weeks and no one had bought them so the manager knocked down the price for me.

Nah... I tried the whole fish in a pico thing with the yellow tail damsel. You can see the pics on the earlier pages. I really want to keep this tank going till I graduate now without any crashes and I think no fish and large 100% water changes every 2 weeks are going to be key

Yea I guess 2.5G is pretty small haha, you'll have to get some sweet corals then! ;)

Diatoms all over the sand, but the glass is pretty clean. The ric looks pretty happy in the corner... hopefully I can add some frags this weekend

Diatoms are gone. I added the pissed of SPS and an Acan from my 40 breeder to this tank. I also blasted the sand and rocks and did the first water change on this tank ~ 1.5 gallons

Started messing around with photoshop today, got some decent results considering these where taken with my phone.

temporary_zpsebd7bad2.jpg

Pissed off acro

temporary_zps4af87e05.jpg

Ric/Mushroom Corner

temporary_zps205b2b42copy_zps4ee47889.jp

temporary_zps49106f76copy_zps5cf542c2.jp

temporary_zpsd4f41a04copy_zpsa45bf923.jp

Also want a duncan, more rics and some zoas for the rock on the right. Anyone have any ideas why the acro is STNing?? Parameters look good and I can't imagine that lighting is an issue

• 3 weeks later...

Just did my second 100% water change since setting the tank up. Xenia is showing good growth. Acan's look happy, and Ricordea and mushrooms are much larger than 2 weeks ago.

Picked up a new frag earlier today. Any guesses as to what it is? It's a soft coral and it isn't something that I already have.

GSP ?!

No... but it does look like it. :ninja: It's not super rare or anything, but most people probably don't have it in their tank

New frag is doing well and appears to already be putting out some new growth. I nuked the Xenia when I did my water change because I want something else in that spot, but it'll probably slowly come back. There's an updated FTS in the first post

new frag looks related to pipe organ coral

nice to see this tank progress :D

I'm pretty positive that it is a pipe organ... very nice greenish white color. Pretty different from GSP. Good to see you around

I've had the Acan in here for what at least a month now, and it looks exactly the same. I've been feeding MYSIS 2-3 x a week, but I'm still not seeing much growth. The ric has grown and has started to form a second mouth in the time it's been in here, and the Xenia had at least tripled in size before I nuked it. Any thoughts on the growth rate(s)?

acans can take a very long time to get going, i think it's fine

Cool.

I have a whole slew of frags that I picked up for this tank. I will get pics once they start to open... lots of Zoas

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/Roshan8768/media/temporary_zps377b77b2.jpg.html'>temporary_zps377b77b2.jpg

Looks like most of the zoas are having a little trouble with the amount of light they're getting, so I will be moving them to more shaded spots as needed. The favia frag will be going on the rocks as well, I'm just making sure to light acclimate. The tank looks good... very little green spor or dust algae on the glass. I'm feeding the Acans and Favia mysis 3-4 times a week. You can clearly see the growth on the pipe organ coral if you go back and look at the first page with all the FTSs

• 2 weeks later...

Found some kind of nudibranch on one of my zoas... pulled it out and tossed it. The Favia is showing some growth but the most of the Zoas are still adjusting

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This tank has been shutdown :ninja:

It was a fun challenge trying to keep a pico. I enjoy having low maintenance tanks though, and I believe that you can't keep a pico long term successfully without doing weekly water changes. I've had some fun with this tank and I may set it up again in the future if I ever break down my 40 breeder.

Archived