Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

So that also supplies the t5s? Looking to get one for my next build.

No its just for the halide its a separate ballast for the T5's which is included with the fixture.

Guess whos back? lol j/k never really left. I finally got somewhat settled and decided on a new build. I wanted to still keep things simple,elegant and overall aesthetically pleasing. One of my main goals was to minimize any equipment in the display and theres one tank thats really good at that if you can handle all the other caveats. Ordered a 22 gallon zeroedge with the stand,sump,and lamp tree. I should mention this is going to be my slowest build ever as I really wont have any time to set this baby up for a few weeks and i still need to save up for some more equipment but i wanted to show you guys what i have so far..

It took about 5 weeks to get fabricated and delivered but they did a great job as usual with no damage during transit. This is actually my second zeroedge but i never finished the first as it was just too much work to keep up and i wasnt aware of all the need to knows before owning a specialty tank such as this one.But i will say when filled its one of the most beautiful and tranquil tanks out there. So this second time around im going my best to try conquer this beast and hopefully creating something special.Totally unrelated but I decided to use the ADA 30C that i used for the Caribbean bommie and switch it to a planted tank but this time actually complete it. So ill post small updates as i make progress with that build as well.

On to the pics.sorry its a bit dusty buy these pics were take right after i unpacked it.

zeroedgecloseup_zps5b6c98f7.jpg

edge2_zps99c55279.jpg

Leveling legs...probably the most important addition to this build

levelinglegs_zpsa74729b5.jpg

Sump

sump_zpsd8ea2866.jpg

FTS

zeroedge_zps3bff21cf.jpg

I was looking at the pictures and have a few questions. Is that the return line in the middle of the tank? What keeps it from back siphoning empty? What are the tank dimensions?

I was looking at the pictures and have a few questions. Is that the return line in the middle of the tank? What keeps it from back siphoning empty? What are the tank dimensions?

Yes the return line is in the middle and theres a check valve to prevent back siphoning. Dimensions are 24x18x12

NirvanaandTool

Thanks alot for that psy im definitely going to go with a redfin now that i know they wont consume anything other than really small gobies or shrimp. Ive always wanted a pike blenny my only concern is their swimming habits when they arent in their burrows... They are almost designed to be carpet surfers.

Now you are talkin my kinda language Hype!

Make sure you find a male redfin. They grow larger and have more prominent dorsal spines than the females.

They learn to beg too. Mine shoots out of the rockwork the moment he sees me.

Now you are talkin my kinda language Hype!

Make sure you find a male redfin. They grow larger and have more prominent dorsal spines than the females.

They learn to beg too. Mine shoots out of the rockwork the moment he sees me.

Thanks man im really looking forward to getting one as Ive never owned any scorpionfish.

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

Thanks man im really looking forward to getting one as Ive never owned any scorpionfish.

They are fun fish. So far my experience only is in waspfish - I have three species of wasps right now. Most colorful is the redfin. Most personable is the cockatoo. The longspine (or wispy) is pretty mellow. I plan on getting dwarf lions and some smaller scorps like a leaf scorp once I get my 90g up and running.

Wasps have one of the stronger stings in the Scorpaeniformes family but it would take a lot of work to get tagged by one. They sit at the bottom most of the time and would rather just display their dorsal spines than use them. Mine have never raised their spines and directed their head at me for a threat display. But I am the Food God and they love me. :lol:

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

That's where my redfin came from - DD about a year and a half ago now.

I didnt have to train my redfin from DD but had to train the other 2. They wean over pretty easy. DD's redfins always seem like they are eating mysis and brine.

Did you see the Japanese Redfin on divers den?

Yea hes a beaut... makes me wish my tank was cycled already

That's where my redfin came from - DD about a year and a half ago now.

I didnt have to train my redfin from DD but had to train the other 2. They wean over pretty easy. DD's redfins always seem like they are eating mysis and brine.

Thats good to know... ill make sure i get if from DD since theyve already been trained

• Like 1

Let there be light!...and water. Went with 10K ushio and ATI Blue Plus & Actinic. Im going to try to get a leak test done over the weekend.

halide_zps2cefc143.jpg

RO_zps058c14c9.jpg

• Like 8