Cultivated Reef

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

This is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see it stocked love the pics of the leak test, I didn't get how it got the water to he sump but the pics show me better then words could explain so cool.

Thanks candy i hope so. Glad you liked the pics

4 days with no updates and a mob hasn't formed? WTH N-R. I'll light the first torch.

:lol:

Ive been spending the last few days putting the scape together waiting for it to finish curing hopefully its stable to move into the display tomorrow or wednesday.

• Like 3

Hmmmmmmm I did a major photo bomb on my thread I need some from here too!

Man my tank looks like crap compared to yours.

Listen to the Giga, for he is wise.

He sure is.

Nice one 1.0 Reef! This is the scorpionfish that I own and was mentioning to Rehype. Guess I was lucky and he took to frozen day 1!

http://www.lionfishlair.com/quickstats/cyanostigma.shtml

That species scorp and the other small guys like Scorpaenodes caribbaeus would make perfect tank mates for the future redfin..

Or you could go all waspfish like my 40. :D

Those are both beautiful specimens but I havent been able to find a source for any of the smaller species.

photo bomb ...thread

Listen to the Giga, for he is wise.

Do it hype, you have the powah.

Try getting in contact with Baja Reef, they're one of my LFS that I got it from. He does shipping all over the world so I don't think he'll have a problem shipping fish to you. It was suprisingly cheap as well, only around $30-$40 for him.

http://bajareefaquarium.com/

Given how rare they are, I thought it would be at least a triple digit fish. I might need to hunt one down as well. How big is it's mouth?

Try getting in contact with Baja Reef, they're one of my LFS that I got it from. He does shipping all over the world so I don't think he'll have a problem shipping fish to you. It was suprisingly cheap as well, only around $30-$40 for him.

http://bajareefaquarium.com/

Thanks alot buddy...will do.

Do it hype, you have the powah.

Given how rare they are, I thought it would be at least a triple digit fish. I might need to hunt one down as well. How big is it's mouth?

Just waiting for the water to clear up..i made a bit of a sandstorm. You might be a bit disappointed as this scape will only look good once the tank matures.

Me too. Hopefully they can get another...

Thanks alot buddy...will do.

Just waiting for the water to clear up..i made a bit of a sandstorm. You might be a bit disappointed as this scape will only look good once the tank matures.

Me too. Hopefully they can get another...

I doubt it. Aside from my own scape, I'm an open minded reefer. You just have to picture where the coral is going when looking at a scape to know if it's a good one.

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

These type of scorps are kind of hit or miss. DD gets them every now and then.

Tell your LFS to keep an eye out for them on the wholesale catalogs.

This is why I only have 3 waspfish in having a tank running for over a year. Dwarf fuzzy lionfish are easy to find but scorps and wasps are tougher to find. I always find new fish when I'm not ready to QT a new fish... Typical haha

• Like 1

I doubt it. Aside from my own scape, I'm an open minded reefer. You just have to picture where the coral is going when looking at a scape to know if it's a good one.

Well i definitely agree with you there I can see how it will look once mature its just the in between thats going to be a bit sketchy. But hey its all the about the vision..lol

These type of scorps are kind of hit or miss. DD gets them every now and then.

Tell your LFS to keep an eye out for them on the wholesale catalogs.

This is why I only have 3 waspfish in having a tank running for over a year. Dwarf fuzzy lionfish are easy to find but scorps and wasps are tougher to find. I always find new fish when I'm not ready to QT a new fish... Typical haha

Yea i have my LFS on the lookout.

I agree with you. The redfin have been on DD pretty regularly lately as soon as my tank finishes cycling i can almost guarantee you they wont be available..lol

:scarry: I sit waiting

:unsure:

• Like 3
NirvanaandTool

Yea probably. Will be the same with me once my 90 is up. I told myself no new fish while I save & set up the 90 and meanwhile my LFS and DD have gotten such nice fish in.

But sometimes a redfin will sit there for a week or two on DD. They dont always sell right away. There's a male redfin on there now that's been there for at least a few days.

Cool. Nice spot for a few crabs to hang out.

Thanks nano..maybe if i can find some that wont eat them

Oh I do like we're this is going

You should put Acrostichum aureum there in a hidden planter or something

Thanks bud. I would but theres no way to do it without it being intrusive

Very cool.

Thanks jay

Redfins are very funny little fish. I had a pair in my old tank. You will definitely love any scorp you get, they are awesome. Redfins are super easy to ween onto frozen too.