Pod Your Reef

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

No problem glad I could help. The antennata is a great choice and you shouldn't have any problems with compatibility. Ive also heard they're very easy to wean.

Yeah the info on them looks good. Their max size looks like its about the same as that of the dwarf zebra, so they really don't get much bigger. Assuming the antennata at my LFS didn't get snatched up, I'll have to go check it out. :)

Cameron6796

It's amazing how you have mixed predators with seahorses and other common fish, along with some amazing corals in an edge tank

I feel so guilty for not checking in on this thread since the start of the year but I am speechless Eugene. Everything looks remarkable and your recent stocking choices are fantastic and quirky as always. Your photography is impeccable as usual. Keep up the good work.

Yeah the info on them looks good. Their max size looks like its about the same as that of the dwarf zebra, so they really don't get much bigger. Assuming the antennata at my LFS didn't get snatched up, I'll have to go check it out. :)

Awesome choice he looks beautiful in your tank!

It's amazing how you have mixed predators with seahorses and other common fish, along with some amazing corals in an edge tank

Thanks alot cam im just glad everyone has gotten along so well :happy:

I feel so guilty for not checking in on this thread since the start of the year but I am speechless Eugene. Everything looks remarkable and your recent stocking choices are fantastic and quirky as always. Your photography is impeccable as usual. Keep up the good work.

No worries jase I appreciate you checking in and for the encouragement.. its always appreciated :happy:

Incredible.

Thanks alot!

• Like 2

Hype...are you still running the radions? I love your warm lighting. Would be great if that was possible with LED, however I suspect you switched to some sort of hybrid set up.

Hype...are you still running the radions? I love your warm lighting. Would be great if that was possible with LED, however I suspect you switched to some sort of hybrid set up.

No sir...went back to a hybrid (ATI Powermodule) I can still replicate the warm look though which is helpful when taking pictures or video.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
squirrelieygrrrl

Fantastic as always Hype. You definitely do the zero edge justice. I'm my digging for a current fts to show my wife I read your experiment on orp, and the oxidizer. Interesting stuff I will definitely have to research more thoroughly. I'd never taken orp into consideration in my previous tanks (shun the non believer), now that I have the apex I'm definitely going to delve into that facet more. Thanks for the info, and the spark. Following of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Vid E! Makes me think of: she likes to do the cha-cha, THE Cha-cha :D. How many hours are you running your T-5s vs the LEDs?

Thanks DC! :lol: I was running the T5's about 8 hours a day and the LEDS about 10

Fantastic as always Hype. You definitely do the zero edge justice. I'm my digging for a current fts to show my wife I read your experiment on orp, and the oxidizer. Interesting stuff I will definitely have to research more thoroughly. I'd never taken orp into consideration in my previous tanks (shun the non believer), now that I have the apex I'm definitely going to delve into that facet more. Thanks for the info, and the spark. Following of course.

Thanks so much sg it was a fun build. The Oxydizer test was interesting for sure it definitely helped to clear up some misinformation that was posted here and other forums. I was actually thinking of selling the ORP probe but decided against it since a sharp drop can be an indicator that something is off in your tank (provided you arent feeding your tank or doing water changes) So Ill just program my Apex to notify me if it drops below a certain point. I've found in the past if it dropped unexpectedly it was usually because of a fish or invertebrate death and the tank would slowly stabilize after a few hours however if the levels remained low it could be something else that requires further investigation.

BTW Im loving everything your doing with that new build....keep it going!

Come baaaaaack. :flower:

Hey kitty! Im back. :flower:

So quick update i actually took this tank down and traded it as im moving in a few months and wanted something smaller that would be easy to pack up. I have another tank but havent stocked it or scaped it just yet....everything is still in buckets <_< (still cycling some new live rock) but ill post up some pics as soon as I get it filled.

Marc.The.Shark

So quick update i actually took this tank down and traded it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........

Hate to see this one go! But I'm sure whatever you come up with next will be equally as awesome.

• Like 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........

Hate to see this one go! But I'm sure whatever you come up with next will be equally as awesome.

Thanks marc ill be sure to start a new thread

YUDOTHISTOME!

You know me kat ...I gotta shake things up :happy:

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

So quick update i actually took this tank down and traded it as im moving in a few months and wanted something smaller that would be easy to pack up. I have another tank but havent stocked it or scaped it just yet....everything is still in buckets <_< (still cycling some new live rock) but ill post up some pics as soon as I get it filled.

Oh my, Rehype reboot! Looking forward to see what you come up with next :)

squirrelieygrrrl

Thanks so much sg it was a fun build. The Oxydizer test was interesting for sure it definitely helped to clear up some misinformation that was posted here and other forums. I was actually thinking of selling the ORP probe but decided against it since a sharp drop can be an indicator that something is off in your tank (provided you arent feeding your tank or doing water changes) So Ill just program my Apex to notify me if it drops below a certain point. I've found in the past if it dropped unexpectedly it was usually because of a fish or invertebrate death and the tank would slowly stabilize after a few hours however if the levels remained low it could be something else that requires further investigation.

BTW Im loving everything your doing with that new build....keep it going.

Thank you so much. I'm hoping to finally get it right.

Definitely eagerly awaiting the next build, I'll be on the lookout for the thread.

I just ordered an ORP probe should be here in a few days, if you have any articles or research papers that I might find useful let me know.

10353094596_b4de8ec9a4_b.jpg

What plants are these? Those are exactly what I want in my tank.

I believe it is just a simple air plant.

Sucks to see this tank go, but looking forward to another great build

Oh my, Rehype reboot! Looking forward to see what you come up with next :)

Thanks nano!

What plants are these? Those are exactly what I want in my tank.

Tillandsia

This is true, I'm excited already.

:happydance:

Thank you so much. I'm hoping to finally get it right.

Definitely eagerly awaiting the next build, I'll be on the lookout for the thread.

I just ordered an ORP probe should be here in a few days, if you have any articles or research papers that I might find useful let me know.

I know you will...that tank screams Awesomeness and ive always loved your previous builds.

Thanks should be up in a week or two...just have to secure a few more pieces of hardware on the cheap :lol:

Probably the best article ive read about the subject

I believe it is just a simple air plant.

Sucks to see this tank go, but looking forward to another great build

Thats correct.

Thanks man

Oh dang, so bummed to hear you have taken this tank down :(. Oh well, can't wait to see what awesome feat you achieve with the next one ;).

:o This was my favorite tank to come in and look at. So sad - but excited at the same time to see what your next build looks like.

Oh dang, so bummed to hear you have taken this tank down :(. Oh well, can't wait to see what awesome feat you achieve with the next one ;).

:o This was my favorite tank to come in and look at. So sad - but excited at the same time to see what your next build looks like.

Thanks alot guys :)

• Like 2

Bummed to hear you took this tank down! No more lions? :( Understandable though with moving! Good luck with the new build. Interested to see what you do next!