Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

You shut off the pumps, your tricked them. :slap:

Oh God E, they're so cute. At the LFS they're always just in one spot.

:lol: They actually do that whenever I stand in front of the tank too long

Thanks kat....once they get fully acclimated they move about all the time

Your gang is awesome!

Thanks!!

Lol! They were like, "where's the food?!"

Great looking fish! Love the acan garden!

Thanks alot micro much appreciated!

I liked the camio appearance of the Seahorses.."Look, a vid, puff out your belly and let's strut our stuff!" :)

:lol::lol:

Meet the gang.... (They thought it was dinner time :lol:)

• Like 15

Woah! Awesome! Those acans and lionfish... :wub:

Thanks kim!! :lol:

Love that Fu! What a funny little fish...

Thanks chris he has alot of personality

Marc.The.Shark

That's pretty awsome Hype. Looks lkie a lot of personality in those fish, I love that! I saw the seahorses floatng by. Whats the situation withyour flow, I thought I remember you trying the Gyre? Are you still using that? Not too muh flo for the horses?

That's pretty awsome Hype. Looks lkie a lot of personality in those fish, I love that! I saw the seahorses floatng by. Whats the situation withyour flow, I thought I remember you trying the Gyre? Are you still using that? Not too muh flo for the horses?

Thanks alot marc. No I got rid the gyre and now have two jebao Rw-4. I have them set on pulsing wave mode so its not too much for the horses.

Love the new video! I loved watching the lionfish swimming and begging for food. Mine are still a bit shy and aren't swimming too much, but they're slowly warming up. Can't wait until they're out and about like that!

The acans are gorgeous btw.

Oh, and I was wondering, do you ever worry about the seahorses hitching to the lionfish and getting stung? When I had my seahorses, they're weren't shy about hitching to anything and everything, so I would be nervous about that.

Great video, one hell of a unique tank!

Thank you sir its much appreciated!

Love the new video! I loved watching the lionfish swimming and begging for food. Mine are still a bit shy and aren't swimming too much, but they're slowly warming up. Can't wait until they're out and about like that!

The acans are gorgeous btw.

Oh, and I was wondering, do you ever worry about the seahorses hitching to the lionfish and getting stung? When I had my seahorses, they're weren't shy about hitching to anything and everything, so I would be nervous about that.

Thanks felicia dont worry your will be swimming about like that in no time at all. Especially considering how comfy you've made their new home

Thanks so much

I'll be honest I was really nervous about it when I got my first lion but they get along really well. So much so that whenever one of my horses swim too close or come in contact with their spines the lions immediately retract them :o For the record Im not advocating other reefers try this as their experience could differ... I just have a habit of pushing the boundaries when it comes to reefkeeping ( im a bit of a reef risk taker :blush: )

• Like 1

That's good to hear that the lions tolerate the seahorses so well. Very cool that you're able to keep them together. My eel has been making me nervous because he likes to come out in the evenings and swim all around, and he likes to crawl over and flop on top of Mushu. I keep worrying he's going to get stung, but Mushu seems to tolerate him and so far there haven't been any issues.

That's good to hear that the lions tolerate the seahorses so well. Very cool that you're able to keep them together. My eel has been making me nervous because he likes to come out in the evenings and swim all around, and he likes to crawl over and flop on top of Mushu. I keep worrying he's going to get stung, but Mushu seems to tolerate him and so far there haven't been any issues.

The good thing is as long as they dont feel threatened by their tankmates they dont posture or extend their spines and IME they seem to be very "conscious" to retract them so as not to sting unintentionally.

• Like 1

So Draco (my zebra) appears to have an antenna from the shrimp he ate last night still protruding from his mouth. Do you think that's bad?

So Draco (my zebra) appears to have an antenna from the shrimp he ate last night still protruding from his mouth. Do you think that's bad?

N/m...looks like he finally got it out of his mouth. He looked pretty funny with an antenna sticking out of his mouth all day.

Nice fat healthy acan mini moutain. Wish I had the room for some yellow dwarf fuzzys. Your fish look great.

Thanks alot man..I sure you have room for one :D

N/m...looks like he finally got it out of his mouth. He looked pretty funny with an antenna sticking out of his mouth all day.

Dont worry that happens sometimes but they always eventually digest it or it breaks off.

• Like 2

Dont worry that happens sometimes but they always eventually digest it or it breaks off.

Good to know that's normal.

Rehype, your tank is like 22 gallons right? I'm trying to find a fuzzy dwarf lion locally and I'm wondering if 3 will be ok in my 40 gallon or if they will have aggression issues.

Good to know that's normal.

Rehype, your tank is like 22 gallons right? I'm trying to find a fuzzy dwarf lion locally and I'm wondering if 3 will be ok in my 40 gallon or if they will have aggression issues.

Yes it is. Unfortunately dwarf zebras and dwarf fuzzies dont get along. Fuzzies will bully zebras to death :(

Yes it is. Unfortunately dwarf zebras and dwarf fuzzies dont get along. Fuzzies will bully zebras to death :(

Oh really! Well that's good to know now. From what I'd read it sounded like all the dwarf species got along just fine. Most of the stuff I read about fighting was for having two of the same species and gender.

Oh really! Well that's good to know now. From what I'd read it sounded like all the dwarf species got along just fine. Most of the stuff I read about fighting was for having two of the same species and gender.

That's typically the case but I did some digging and found some threads about it so I messaged some other lionfish owners and they confirmed some of the posts I found. For some reason fuzzies just don't seem to tolerate the presence of dwarf zebras. Additionally I decided to test it out myself and the fuzzy started chasing the dwarf zebra immediately upon introduction to the tank.

• Like 1

That's typically the case but I did some digging and found some threads about it so I messaged some other lionfish owners and they confirmed some of the posts I found. For some reason fuzzies just don't seem to tolerate the presence of dwarf zebras. Additionally I decided to test it out myself and the fuzzy started chasing the dwarf zebra immediately upon introduction to the tank.

Yeah there isn't a ton of info out there about lionfish compatibility, so this is great to know! Thanks for warning me. Maybe I'll try an antennata as my third lion then. They're the next smallest species after the 3 dwarf species and my LFS actually just got one in. They're supposed to be compatible from what I've seen. Just have to wait to hear from the store tomorrow if its eating anything. Would want to make sure its at least eating live.

Yeah there isn't a ton of info out there about lionfish compatibility, so this is great to know! Thanks for warning me. Maybe I'll try an antennata as my third lion then. They're the next smallest species after the 3 dwarf species and my LFS actually just got one in. They're supposed to be compatible from what I've seen. Just have to wait to hear from the store tomorrow if its eating anything. Would want to make sure its at least eating live.

No problem glad I could help. The antennata is a great choice and you shouldn't have any problems with compatibility. Ive also heard they're very easy to wean.

• Like 1