inTank Media Baskets

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

One person used a simple peice of glass and hung it so it was just under the waters surface... Tricky to put on, ruins top down view because of bubbles but keeps fish in and also could just be used at night or during the day

• Like 1

1. I'd rather bash my head, you ever try to suffocate yourself? I have. It's ####ing awful man. Plus it may not kill the fish, suffocation will unless your there.

2. Good, lotteries are a waste of $

3. Luck? Chances? Dunno, I can tell you I'd have at least $250 worth of fish saved by a top, as in I saw them/heard them try to jump.

4. As with you :)

• Like 1

PS any fish can and will jump some just not as far... On one of the other threads someone posted a thread of a guy who had this huge blue hippo tang that he absolutely was in love with that he came home to carpet surfing

Right. Maybe a custom lid which sits just a hair above the rim of the tank could be made. It would clip on to the tank rim using one point of contact on each side. It would disrupt the water flow from that one point on each side but you wouldn't be watching the tank with the lid on anyway. I could draw it out for you, I'm not sure I was able to explain my thought correctly.
Lids are for girls!
  • Like 2

So awesome. Every tank you do is amazing I cannot wait to see this running and full of life.

Thanks so much candy...cant wait till this system matures

:excl::excl::excl::mellow::(:angry::furious:<_<:excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl:

EXPLAIN THIS ####### #### NOW!!!!

First relax...Second ive owned this type of tank before so im well aware of the species that are compatible with this type build. Third...relax.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Time warp to tank maturity.

:lol: I wish

• Like 2

I'm totally on board with no lid, I hate lids. However, fish always disappear whenever you go on vacation and the like. I think and acrylic lid cut to outer dimensions with a 12ga needle( vaccine needle, not sewing, bc it's stainless) at each corner to keep the lid up and allow water to keep flowing would help when you're away.

I'm totally on board with no lid, I hate lids. However, fish always disappear whenever you go on vacation and the like. I think and acrylic lid cut to outer dimensions with a 12ga needle( vaccine needle, not sewing, bc it's stainless) at each corner to keep the lid up and allow water to keep flowing would help when you're away.

Thanks for the idea but i dont plan to stock this tank with any species that are likely to jump.

is the pump to much look like there to much surface agitation for a zero edge?

nah in the pic i just have it dialed up pretty high. Once i dial it down and add some rock the surface agitation will cease.

That looks insane. Kinda makes me want to try halide now.

Thanks.Nothing beats the shimmer and natural look of halides IMO

MH and T5 4 life!!

WHAT BULB YA GOT? whoops caps lock...but I was a bit excited...jussayin'

you gonna make me whip out the ol' Sunpod and dust er' off.

• Like 1

Rehype!

Amazing tank!

How do you plan to clean both sides of the acrylic?

Thanks

Thanks alot daniel...probably lees acrylic algae scrape or just use some pads and do it by hand

MH and T5 4 life!!

WHAT BULB YA GOT? whoops caps lock...but I was a bit excited...jussayin'

you gonna make me whip out the ol' Sunpod and dust er' off.

Im totally with ya! I always come back because i miss the shimmer.

I went with a ushio 10K and ATI Blue Plus. I also have actinic and purple plus if i need to spice things up. I will say with this magnetic ballast the ushio burns a bit more blue than i thought it would. Although i do have to let it in longer to be sure..

You should bring the sunpod out of retirement!

This is going to be awesome, can't wait to see how you scape it.

Thanks jase i hope I get some good pieces.

• Like 1

Reefcleaners dryrock is the Shiznat, and John all ways asks what you're doing with it so he can send rock that'll match. I seriously love everything about that site.

• Like 2

Wet box right here.

Thanks man

Very cool Hype! It gives the illusion that there is only a box of water jetting up from the base!

Thanks ark! I see what you mean.

Reefcleaners dryrock is the Shiznat, and John all ways asks what you're doing with it so he can send rock that'll match. I seriously love everything about that site.

Ive heard that as well although this time I went with marcorocks and BRS.

• Like 1
buddythelion

Not sure how I missed this thread. Knew you could never stay away from the salty side. I ended up with a yellow blotched scorpionfish found in the Solomon Islands. Apparently they only get 3" and host SPS colonies in the wild. That might be of interest for your tank as well!

• Like 1

Not sure how I missed this thread. Knew you could never stay away from the salty side. I ended up with a yellow blotched scorpionfish found in the Solomon Islands. Apparently they only get 3" and host SPS colonies in the wild. That might be of interest for your tank as well!

You know me buddy :happy: Im very interested do you have any pics!?