Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

Been a while since we've seen some new photos sir. I know you're loathe to give out FTS, but try to feed us baby birds every once in a while. ;)

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I really like what H2O2 does to algae, but I've seen it really do a number on acros. I'll be curious to see what you think of this device.

I really like what H2O2 does to algae, but I've seen it really do a number on acros. I'll be curious to see what you think of this device.

I've dipped acros in peroxide without issue. Can't let them stay in there long of course.

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

Single Malt.

And I would give my heels to stare at Eugenes tank. :bowdown:

He knows it too, I've shamelessly invited myself over many times.

The lady knows what's up. B)

I have a half decent single malt collection. I'm a fan of the smoother single malts - Macallan, Oban, Balvenie, Glenmorangie. Never could get into the really peat-y stuff. Current favorite is Oban 14 but I just had Glenmorangie 18 this week and that was amazing! Gonna have to grab a bottle of that.

Eugene's a cool guy. I bet he'd let you look at it even without giving up the famous heels.

• Like 1

The lady knows what's up. B)

I have a half decent single malt collection. I'm a fan of the smoother single malts - Macallan, Oban, Balvenie, Glenmorangie. Never could get into the really peat-y stuff. Current favorite is Oban 14 but I just had Glenmorangie 18 this week and that was amazing! Gonna have to grab a bottle of that.

Eugene's a cool guy. I bet he'd let you look at it even without giving up the famous heels.

Glenlivet 25 is so smooth! Costs you double when you realize you drank that expensive bottle mighty quick because it was so smooth.

I like Macallan also and Glenfiddich too but the more aged ones. Eugene came over to take pictures when I still had my old tank - that was just awesome.

• Like 2
NirvanaandTool

Glenlivet 25 is so smooth! Costs you double when you realize you drank that expensive bottle mighty quick because it was so smooth.

I like Macallan also and Glenfiddich too but the more aged ones. Eugene came over to take pictures when I still had my old tank - that was just awesome.

Ugh jealous. I've never had anything older than an 18yo scotch. The price for the 25s are too much for my wallet.

Macallan 18 is a great one but honestly, Macallan 15 might be just as good. Sometimes the 15 year old bottle is almost as good for a lot less than the 18s.

Oh ya, I remember that. Those were awesome pics. He can work some magic with that camera!

• Like 1

Anytime! And good luck with your oxydator, I hope you have good success with yours like I have had with mine.

Thanks man

Just let me know what you decide. You know my number.

Thanks man I ended up taking the female back.... I had to go away for work and was too worried to leave them both and in addition to the jumping he started bullying her (which also explains the excessive jumping) but fingers crossed ever since I removed the female the male has calmed down and hasnt jumped at all.

Let's have tea. E, you, me, and anybody else that can join in.

Or vodka.

Single Malt.

And I would give my heels to stare at Eugenes tank. :bowdown:

He knows it too, I've shamelessly invited myself over many times.

:blush:

Been a while since we've seen some new photos sir. I know you're loathe to give out FTS, but try to feed us baby birds every once in a while. ;)

Will do chris....tank doesnt look the way I want at the moment but im hoping that changes soon

Im nervous about that as well micro but it seems when its dosing correctly the trace amounts of H202 released dont seem to irritate anything other than xenia.

Eugene came over to take pictures when I still had my old tank - that was just awesome.

Oh ya, I remember that. Those were awesome pics. He can work some magic with that camera!

Thanks guys :happy:

Didnt have many new pics but I took a pic of this acan thats been slowly changing colors since the light switch... Im trying to find a shot of how it looked prior

After the switch

16403066224_d5e245dd68_c.jpg

• Like 10
Weasel Baron

I'm a fan of the smoother single malts - Macallan, Oban, Balvenie, Glenmorangie. Never could get into the really peat-y stuff.

Im a huge Islay fan, dont count out the peaty stuff! try bunnahabhain 12 if you can find it, its far smoother than Oban or Macallan and doesnt have the aggressive peat taste that something like ardbeg, laphroaig, or lagavulin has

NirvanaandTool

Thanks man I ended up taking the female back.... I had to go away for work and was too worried to leave them both and in addition to the jumping he started bullying her (which also explains the excessive jumping) but fingers crossed ever since I removed the female the male has calmed down and hasnt jumped at all.

Thanks guys :happy:

Didnt have many new pics but I took a pic of this acan thats been slowly changing colors since the light switch... Im trying to find a shot of how it looked prior

After the switch

16403066224_d5e245dd68_c.jpg

Sucks you had to bring back his girl but at least he has calmed down. My male redfin was never really that jumpy but he was solo with a cockatoo & a longspine wasp. Never could find him a gf til after he passed away on me last year.

Dang look at those acans. Incredible color. And incredible photo Eugene.

Im a huge Islay fan, dont count out the peaty stuff! try bunnahabhain 12 if you can find it, its far smoother than Oban or Macallan and doesnt have the aggressive peat taste that something like ardbeg, laphroaig, or lagavulin has

I've tried some of the peaty stuff (lagavulin) & some of the more firey stuff (talisker) and just wasn't a fan at this point. I'm sure as my tastes change, I'll move back towards that stuff.

I'll keep an eye out for that Bunnahabhain you mentioned. If it's that good, I'll have to give it a try. Need a 12-14year scotch to replace my Macallan 12 that I'm about finished.

I love how Eugene's thread has turned into the single malt thread :lol:

straight.jpg

• Like 1

Sucks you had to bring back his girl but at least he has calmed down. My male redfin was never really that jumpy but he was solo with a cockatoo & a longspine wasp. Never could find him a gf til after he passed away on me last year.

Dang look at those acans. Incredible color. And incredible photo Eugene.

I love how Eugene's thread has turned into the single malt thread :lol:

Yea it was kind of a last minute decision but its seemed to have worked out for the best

Thanks alot Ralph

Its even funnier considering I dont drink :lol:

But, tank related - nice Acan shot Eugene. :flower:

Thanks kat :flower::flower:

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

Any Single Malt drinker worth their port cask will have tasting glasses

whiskyglass.jpg

But, tank related - nice Acan shot Eugene. :flower:

I dont. :( I just use a lowball glass for my scotch.

Yea it was kind of a last minute decision but its seemed to have worked out for the best

Thanks alot Ralph

Its even funnier considering I dont drink :lol:

Thanks kat :flower::flower:

That works. Plus the females are the smaller of the two so more nommable for the fuzzy eventually.

That's fine. More scotch for Kat and I :D

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick update...The tank has been mostly on autopilot as I havent had hardly any time to care for it. Unfortunately during this perod dinos made an unexpected return and in short I lost a couple of SPS frags. In addition my redfin waspfish decided to carpet surf. So I decided to do another 4 day blackout and shorten my photoperiod but this time I also added a UV sterilizer. So far I havent seen any traces of them but I think going forward im going to periodically do blackouts to keep them at bay.

• Like 6

pics look great as usual!

Thanks nano! Felt like forever since I snapped some coral pics

Amazing pictures. Sorry to hear about the dinos. Hope you can keep them at bay.

Thanks alot twitch...me too. I see how some reefers quit and start over after dealing with these menaces but im determined to beat these guys once and for all.

Beautiful pictures as always. Sorry about the dinos, it's always something with our tanks isn't it? I hope you beat them.

My cyano cleared up with higher alk. I was also dosing coral snow mixed with MB7 for a couple of weeks, maybe that did it too.

Beautiful pictures as always. Sorry about the dinos, it's always something with our tanks isn't it? I hope you beat them.

My cyano cleared up with higher alk. I was also dosing coral snow mixed with MB7 for a couple of weeks, maybe that did it too.

Thanks kat I appreciate it. You know it really is.... as soon as you get one issue figured out your blindsided by a new one. I swear if i didnt have the patience of a saint I would've lost it already lol. Im glad you got rid of the cyano. Im very much inclined to believe it was MB7/zeobak and coral snow as that has always worked for me and Ive only dose vodka as a form of nutrient control on this tank. Without that combo my tank would have been covered in cyano by now.

• Like 1

could we get some updated sump shot hype? :D

Sure will do....Ive been meaning to do a spring cleaning of my skimmer so this gives me a reason to get started