Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

very sweet, and I like the look of the stand, looks Scandinavian, you'd think it was going to have some awesome turntable on top under the glass. Well, hey, grew up w/ a father that liked hifi stereo equipment.

Thanks alot.

Eugene, what are the options for a lid for a tank such as this?

None that i know of which is one of the drawbacks of a tank like this. Theres not many species that wont eventually carpet surf.

• Like 3

None that i know of which is one of the drawbacks of a tank like this. Theres not many species that wont eventually carpet surf.

Right. Maybe a custom lid which sits just a hair above the rim of the tank could be made. It would clip on to the tank rim using one point of contact on each side. It would disrupt the water flow from that one point on each side but you wouldn't be watching the tank with the lid on anyway. I could draw it out for you, I'm not sure I was able to explain my thought correctly.

You can't put a lid on it.....NO no no no no!

Fill it with shrimp and coral :)

• Like 7

Setup is looking killer man. nice work!

Thanks alot man

Right. Maybe a custom lid which sits just a hair above the rim of the tank could be made. It would clip on to the tank rim using one point of contact on each side. It would disrupt the water flow from that one point on each side but you wouldn't be watching the tank with the lid on anyway. I could draw it out for you, I'm not sure I was able to explain my thought correctly.

I know what your saying kat which is actually a really good idea but im ok with leaving the tank open....its quite sexy naked. Im going with livestock that are least capable/likely of jumping.

to bad you weren't closer we could check our tanks out n help each other out with stuff-I need a reefing buddy :happy:

Bro i totally agree... Id be at your house every weekend helping with that tank. I sure couldve used your help getting this tank off the truck and into the livingroom! :lol:

You can't put a lid on it.....NO no no no no!

Fill it with shrimp and coral :)

Dont worry I have no intention of covering her up B)

Given the nature of that tank it would be interesting to experiment with a "lid" for it. Obviously you couldn't do something traditional, but what about some sort of acrylic box that extends out to cover the overflow tray around the tank? That would be interesting. You could control the evap as well as jumpers that way.

Given the nature of that tank it would be interesting to experiment with a "lid" for it. Obviously you couldn't do something traditional, but what about some sort of acrylic box that extends out to cover the overflow tray around the tank? That would be interesting. You could control the evap as well as jumpers that way.

Thats a great idea if the overflow tray was larger and deeper (6-8") you could catch any jumpers and return them to the display(Although that could get pretty redundant depending on the species of fish)

Thats a great idea if the overflow tray was larger and deeper (6-8") you could catch any jumpers and return them to the display(Although that could get pretty redundant depending on the species of fish)

Ha yeah, give them some sort of escalator so they can get back in the DT.

• Like 2

Ha yeah, give them some sort of escalator so they can get back in the DT.

That would be awesome if they could travel back up with water from the return.

Ahh! I see T5's are going on this! I likey.

Cant go without my T5's :)

A fellow New Jersey-in! Sweet.

Yep, im in somerset not too far from you.

• Like 2

:excl::excl::excl::mellow::(:angry::furious:<_<:excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl:

EXPLAIN THIS ####### #### NOW!!!!

He doesn't want a lid on a zero edge, because it would obstruct water flow. Probably why the red fin waspfish was such a good idea. Breathe little dude.

• Like 2

I got an idea! ________________

|________________|

| |

| |

|________________|

The top would simply have small pieces of something to hold it just about the water flow, then his fish can't die slowly through suffocation, like everybody nobody cares about now.

I got an idea! |________________|

here's the tank | |

| |

|_______________|

The top would simply have small pieces of something to hold it just about the water flow, then his fish can't die slowly through suffocation, like everybody nobody cares about now.

They'll die even slower if they get a tiny fish concussion from banging the top with their skull like some thrash junkie. Like wise, some fish are just less likely to jump. On top of that, what's the point of spending all that $ on a zero edge, just to add an edge with a top? This hobby has no absolutes, so spazzing out when some one doesn't have a top is a little much.

• Like 4

1. I doubt netting will cause a concussion, maybe from their skull tearing apart but at least that'd be a quicker death.

2. Any fish can, and possibly will jump, why take chances when it's a live form?

3. So your hundreds of dollars worth of fish, etc don't dry up on your floor only to be consumed by the neighbors cat.

4. True, but I am pissed off and tired right now so that may be the cause of the spazz....

1. I doubt netting will cause a concussion, maybe from their skull tearing apart but at least that'd be a quicker death.

2. Any fish can, and possibly will jump, why take chances when it's a live form?

3. So your hundreds of dollars worth of fish, etc don't dry up on your floor only to be consumed by the neighbors cat.

4. True, but I am pissed off and tired right now so that may be the cause of the spazz....

1. If you think slowly bashing in your own head over the course of a week sounds better that suffocating in 8 minutes, Iunno what to tell you.
  2. I have slim odds of winning the lottery, I still don't spend my money on powerball tickets.
  3. I've had exactly $7 dollars of fish dry up on my floor in 7 years.
  4. The reasons you listed made you sound like a chick bro.
  • Like 6