Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

This thread is the equivalent to the Walking Dead.....I have to follow it!!!

lol thanks for subsribing.

Im glad they added a fan to the back to circulate air through the stand.

9973153626_b45a5d734e.jpg

Some other pics of the sump

9973110854_2676affe00.jpg

9973092035_7140a01695.jpg

The lights came in today..

I decided on the Ocean Light Plus 1x150W + 2x24W T5. Very clean sleek fixture for a great price.

9973153906_1bef3c40ba.jpg

9973227003_eace1756f5.jpg

9973111364_9b4f6662cc.jpg

9973157176_23c4da9f5f.jpg

• Like 12

Those aqua medic keep getting better and better. I would love one of those fixtures. They're cheaper than giesemanns right?

I totally agree! Im really surprised at how well they are made...definitely better than my previous giesemann(The reflectors and the magnetic ballast in particular) And yes they are considerably cheaper than the giesemann.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

I totally agree! Im really surprised at how well they are made...definitely better than my previous giesemann(The reflectors and the magnetic ballast in particular) And yes they are considerably cheaper than the giesemann.

Too bad they dont have a 36inch double MH w/quad T5 combo. I love the giesemanns but these are very close to them. They IMO made the aquarium that more enticing to look at.

Too bad they dont have a 36inch double MH w/quad T5 combo. I love the giesemanns but these are very close to them. They IMO made the aquarium that more enticing to look at.

I found the giesemann not only have poorly designed T5 reflectors they also lack reflectors for each T5 bulb which makes them alot less efficient while the aquamedic fixture has really well made individual reflectors even though they lack the additional bulb.

Thanks blenny appreciate it. How are you liking the ATI/T5 LED combo?

I love it! I would never recommend it to anyone though because of the exorbitant pricing. I mainly got the T5s so I could pump more pink and also to get a bit more coverage in the shaded areas. Because of that, I only run the T5s at 60%. The LEDs are great, powerful enough to create shimmer, although I wouldnt say they are as advanced as the AI or Radion in terms of variety of LEDs and quality of optics. I also like that the T5/LED combo has very little light spill.

I don't want to stick pictures onto your build thread so I just put some links of my tank pics. Notice on the sandbed that you can see the LED spotting from the shimmer.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/erichatesmice/IMG_9877.jpg (one side)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/erichatesmice/IMG_9883.jpg (other side)

• Like 1

Rehype's Zero Edge Scorp' reef...make it so.

You know i was actually thinking of doing anglers again but the only issue is not being able to stock anything else.

I love it! I would never recommend it to anyone though because of the exorbitant pricing. I mainly got the T5s so I could pump more pink and also to get a bit more coverage in the shaded areas. Because of that, I only run the T5s at 60%. The LEDs are great, powerful enough to create shimmer, although I wouldnt say they are as advanced as the AI or Radion in terms of variety of LEDs and quality of optics. I also like that the T5/LED combo has very little light spill.

I don't want to stick pictures onto your build thread so I just put some links of my tank pics. Notice on the sandbed that you can see the LED spotting from the shimmer.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/erichatesmice/IMG_9877.jpg (one side)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/erichatesmice/IMG_9883.jpg (other side)

The tank is beautiful blenny! I agree with you about the pricing. I was pretty close to picking one up but as much as i love the coloration produced by T5's and leds together i just prefer the more balanced natural look and shimmer of halides. For me it seems to add more dimension to any build.

Update your thread please.

:happydance:

I agree theres too much good stuff going on in there

:happy:

• Like 1

Red fin wasp fish? That'll leave your options open, unless you're terribly fond of sexy shrimp. I imagine zero edges make keeping fish in the tank a challenge, it's an issue I very recently started a thread to disuss. Smaller scorps seem to be the logical conclusion, since they lack a swim bladder. I'm sure you've all ready considered several options that I haven't though. Pike blennies where another popular option.

Red fin wasp fish? That'll leave your options open, unless you're terribly fond of sexy shrimp. I imagine zero edges make keeping fish in the tank a challenge, it's an issue I very recently started a thread to disuss. Smaller scorps seem to be the logical conclusion, since they lack a swim bladder. I'm sure you've all ready considered several options that I haven't though. Pike blennies where another popular option.

Thanks alot for that psy im definitely going to go with a redfin now that i know they wont consume anything other than really small gobies or shrimp. Ive always wanted a pike blenny my only concern is their swimming habits when they arent in their burrows... They are almost designed to be carpet surfers.

• Like 1
5 pages and all we have are pictures of corners and things. :angry:

My point validated lol thought this was scaped, though I'm not one to talk as my thread is like the longest in history to get filled

• Like 1

Halides and T5 FTW. :)

Thanks man i agree...although i think we may be the minority..lol

What ballasts are you using?

Aquamedic reeflex 150 magnetic

My point validated lol thought this was scaped, though I'm not one to talk as my thread is like the longest in history to get filled

lol nah not yet need some rock first. Well i know when you do finish its going to be epic

• Like 1