Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Recommend a turkey baster?

ps2cho

Seems a stupid thread....

but all the turkey basters I have bought push water out of the bulb when I squeeze it hard to get some pressure to blow off the rocks.

Is there a specific brand or type of baster that you guys use and works better?

The walmart one was absolutely worthless. Got one at Fry's and it is marginally better...but nothing that holds tight.

I've had two, the first one really sucked.. I find that the key is keeping the joint between the bulb and pipe clean and dry.. The one I'm currently using came from bed bath and beyond..

I'd really like a longer one..

I'd really like a longer one..

................(...that's what she said...)

you guys are making this too easy........

The one with the blue ball

at the rate he's going.......that would be the OP......

If you're just wanting to blast the rock, what about getting a small submersible pump, attach a hose to it and blast them that way?

I don't want to send my snails across the tank lol

Hmmm.. I just got a cheap one from the grocery store.. Its tough rubber.. Its lasted me 6 years now. Maybe they don't make them like they use to. :lol:

I think I paid $1.50 for mine at Walmart and it works fine. If you're squeezing so hard you're blowing water out the bulb calm down! Lol! All you need to do is "puff" it.

I just use my koralias to blow out the detritus from my rocks. Pushing 750GPH and have yet to see a snail (or anything for that matter other than crap) come flying off the rocks. Then you could use a cheapo turkey baster to feed your corals. I prefer a 10mL plastic pipette for feeding purposes

I use a 60cc Terumo minus the needle.. I had it laying around works fine for feeding corals and stuffing food between my rocks (for my dragonet).

Archived