Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Charlie Bit My Finger's IM Nuvo 24

charlie truong

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
charlie truong

Charlie- nice tank and pics. As for your ATO reservoir, is that a 2 or 3 gallon? How often do you refill? Also tank lid on or off?

It's a 1.25 gallon reservoir and I usually refill the tank every 5ish days. The tank is running with lids off and my house is usually set at 80-84 with the Nest Thermostat (when I'm away it goes to 84, but when I'm home its 80)

Oh and there's a little hang on fan that I've recently added to help with the heat, so I've noticed the water level going down quicker. Btw, I live in Las Vegas so the weather is getting coolor...meaning 90 (thats an awesome day for us haha).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QRAMNC/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Man, how do you live in a house that's 80 degrees?! I have my thermostat set to go up to 74 during the day in Texas and I literally can't stand it. I just try and wait till 9 PM and it kicks back down to 71 on my program.

charlie truong

Man, how do you live in a house that's 80 degrees?! I have my thermostat set to go up to 74 during the day in Texas and I literally can't stand it. I just try and wait till 9 PM and it kicks back down to 71 on my program.

I'm usually naked ha! but I think its because it's dry here compared to Texas. My sister in law lives in Texas and when we went out to visit her, it was unbearable for me the extra humidity. I felt like I couldn't breath...

I'm usually naked ha! but I think its because it's dry here compared to Texas. My sister in law lives in Texas and when we went out to visit her, it was unbearable for me the extra humidity. I felt like I couldn't breath...

No doubt about it, the humidity kills. It really does stifle. My wife has asthma and it's definitely aggravated all summer from the humidity. Tank looks great by the way! I might be picking up some Trumpets on the way home, depends on if the LFS still has the frag I've had my eye on or not.

charlie truong

Charlie! Didn't know you were in Vegas too! I'm starting to get to know the local reefers, this town is great for the hobby!

Oh suhweeet! I didn't notice your location either, I live right next to South Point.

I basically been to all the LFS and honestly my top of the list is 'Aquatic Empires'....but sadly the best deals are actually on eBay when it comes to coral. Most of my livestock coral are eBay and fish are from Aquatic Empires.

Eric is an awesome guy who knows his stuff. And he's not pushy or just trying to make a quick sale.. His livestock looks amazingly healthy always as well. I live about 2 mi away from his store so I drop in pretty regularly.

Also I would suggest joining the club. The ppl are really friendly, and quite informative. Also the club has a monthly meet where they raffle off all sorts of goodies, livestock to supplements. It's an all around great forum to be apart of.

charlie truong

UPDATE: Apex Lite Controller

I think I may finally completed this beast...no more wasting money on this addiction, hopefully :) ...The wife has no idea how much haha! (wife: how much did that controller cost? me: oh it was on sale *walks away)

EB7A0856.jpg

EB7A0871.jpg

EB7A0877.jpg

EB7A0883-1.jpg

Oh and my OCD kicked in, so I decided to clean up my wiring again. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I see you are running your MP10 on the right side of the tank, I was wondering about this... Obviously the skimmer is on the right rear sump chamber, does the MP10 push most of the water into the overflow on the left side? My concern is that if the flow is pushing the water to the left that less of the water column is flowing through the right rear sump where the skimmer sits, thus limiting its effectiveness. Have you played at all with switching from right to left side of the tank?

I doubt it would effect its effective ness since the skimmer call only suck in so much water anyways. The extra water would just flow over the baffle anyways

I wonder if more of the detritus and contaminants flow through the left baffle though, and back into the display tank since they aren't being skimmed through the right side?

Archived