ReefCleaners.org

## MACNA 2013 Pictures ##

inTank

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: Never been to MACNA but I live in Denver and am stoked for next year. On their site, there's an early bird special for the exhibit hall, banquet, reception, etc. But I'll have a three month old at that point so I only need/want access to the exhibit, speakers, workshops, and raffles, is there going to be additional pricing info later or is it free admission or what? How does their pricing usually work?

He said that? Lmao

not directly.. but there was a lot of "unfortunate's" mentioned. Don't get me wrong the presentation was strictly about "amazing" saltwater fish. Shipping these fish is expensive which demands the high price tag.

After an hour though of pictures.. I started nit picking the presentation.

SouthFlorida_Tron

not directly.. but there was a lot of "unfortunate's" mentioned. Don't get me wrong the presentation was strictly about "amazing" saltwater fish. Shipping these fish is expensive which demands the high price tag.

After an hour though of pictures.. I started nit picking the presentation.

there were several frags and livestock that I was almost appaulled I even asked the price, like they tried to insult me for even asking, a frag of nearly a few polyps and i would hear numbers like, $125, $250... $275, I just rolled my eyes and laughed under my breath, as in, who the hell are you to sell "that" for "this much"

then again, when I got Utter Chaos, Sunny Ds, & Pink Zippers (2-3 polyps each) for $100, I think I got my money's worth...

Question: Never been to MACNA but I live in Denver and am stoked for next year. On their site, there's an early bird special for the exhibit hall, banquet, reception, etc. But I'll have a three month old at that point so I only need/want access to the exhibit, speakers, workshops, and raffles, is there going to be additional pricing info later or is it free admission or what? How does their pricing usually work?

Buy the early bird price , that is the cheapest it will ever be . By the time the show starts tickets will easily be double that price, or sold out.

I went on the last day for $10.

They had that here in Dallas last year too , but it didn't give access to the speakers , it was for the exhibit hall only.

Op said " I only need/want access to the exhibit, speakers, workshops, and raffles" from my experience $10 wouldn't have gotten that.

is it a sea horse?

I still have no clue, and my camera phone sucked at getting a clear picture. They had small wings on the back, long beaks, maybe it was some kind of lizard bird stripper.

Stevie, was it just me or did the liveaquaria booth suck?

It did suck, I didn't get to talk to them this year but saw it in passing. A few years ago, think it was Iowa when they had an amazing set of tanks including the one with the baby banggais. Since they are even farther than me maybe they didn't want to mess with shipping.

any truth to the rumor that some exhibitors were too lazy to tug their reef displays home and just tossed everything in the ocean?

I highly doubt that and didn't see it. Most had local aquarium stores set up and take down the livestock. I saw vendors giving away fish during breakdown. The livestock for display tanks at MACNA usually comes local.

There is an entire pricing structure depending on what you want to see and experience. They will have it updated on MACNA2014.com soon. The advanced all access pass at $89 still may be the best deal. The pricing will go up throughout the year but mainly as spring/summer hit.

Nothing is free about MACNA, especially the union hall in Denver. Kids are free, you will have to pay for a day pass.

The show won't sell out, the banquet and reception will. An all access pass later on will be about $189 instead of $89.

I would die for those beach chairs

$20 for the chair and umprella, no idea for the canopy thing didn't ask. Storms rolled in this afternoon and they kicked us out of the ocean.

I was just kiddin about the vendors throwing frags into the ocean :)

I was thinking fish, nm then ;)

Southbound turnpike closed down. Semi ripped in half took out guardrail on both sides cab in ditch load all over both lanes.

0f9c2f53-db2a-4540-9cfd-309d361b5758.jpg

20130904_153850.jpg

20130904_155333-1.jpg

Fuel return trip

20130904_211039.jpg

you're the man stevie! just don't fall asleep at the laser tomorrow. we don't want to see a human flesh media basket!

Umpa loompa Karen handles the laser. My job tomorrow is to have shipping Jeff unload the StevieTruck while I play on the computer sitting my ass on a leather chair and counting the dollars spent on this trip.

Umpa loompa Karen handles the laser. My job tomorrow is to have shipping Jeff unload the StevieTruck while I play on the computer sitting my ass on a leather chair and counting the dollars spent on this trip.

Did you get my special request or whatever you call it on your site?

Did you get my special request or whatever you call it on your site?

Did you just order?

I see all orders on my phone but shipping Jeff was handling things while I was out and he doesn't fully understand much let alone the culture on this site.

Archived