inTank Media Baskets

What type of foods do you feed your fish?

Christopher Marks

Fish Foods  

618 members have voted

1. 1. What type of foods do you feed your fish?

• Flakes
    • Pellets
    • Freeze Dried
    • Frozen Blend
    • Live Cultured
    • Fresh Seafood
    • Seaweed

NirvanaandTool

Maybe its the sole diet thing and not so much krill. No variation. A fish in the wild isnt going to only eat one species of fish in its entire life so why should it in our tanks.

I feed with only Hikari Mysis right now! But I only have a diamond goby an a coral banded, plus i tube feed my frogspawn an palys..

Does your frogspawn hold onto the mysis? I can't my frogspawn to hold onto anything I try to feed him. Mysis, Brine, Marine Cuisine mix, NLS pellet. He is thriving though, so I am assuming that I don't need to manually feed him. IDK. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you who use NLS, would you go with the regular Formula 1 .5mm or the Thera A .5mm?? I feed frozen variety (mysis, brine, krill) but want to add pellets too..

I feed spirulina flake, frozen mysis, some overpriced nori containing a mixture of red and green algaes. once or twice a month I feed pellets mostly so the sand critters can get some love..

Those of you who use NLS, would you go with the regular Formula 1 .5mm or the Thera A .5mm?? I feed frozen variety (mysis, brine, krill) but want to add pellets too..

Either would be fine. The ingredients are almost the same. The Thera A+ claims to help build immune systems. I feed mostly Grow and Thera A+.

I feed NLS Thera A pellets, PE Mysis, and Hikari seaweed extreme pellets. Feel like that's a pretty good variety.

I even feed my acans the NLS, and my torch the Mysis about twice a week.

• 2 weeks later...

I feed Larry's Reef Frenzy, I got my first pack as he was just starting out,now I don't have to travel an hour and a half to get it. About once a week I use oyster feast as well.

Thanks for the plugs friends! We feel that we produce the most balanced, complete frozen food available and we are the ONLY one with lab certified cultures of active probiotics. There are countless studies in aquaculture of how beneficial probiotic bacteria can aid fish in digestion, acclimation, and overall health. When you combine this with the Carolina fresh ingredients used in our foods, you can't help but end up with an ultra fresh, super rinsed aquarium food, packed full of nutrients.

We just released a video which has gone viral across the dozen forums we sponsor.

You may get a kick out of it...

You can learn more about why we were the talk of MACNA 2013 by visiting www.ReefFrenzy.com

My family appreciates your support!

Larry and Veronica DuPont

LRS FOODS, LLC

• 1 month later...
food_zps6a4e91b5.jpg

- Frozen above.

- NLS pellets.

- Freeze dried krill

- Ghost shrimp.

- Everything I eat from the sea.

- Misbehaving children.

Misbehaving children! Lmao!

• 2 weeks later...

NLS pellets, just started using this about 3 months ago, and I was worried the clowns wouldn't like it because they had been eating Dr G's frozen mysis and kril for such a long time but they really like it. I also feed,

Dr G's frozen mysis and kril

Also LRS fish frenzy.

• 1 month later...
reversephylogeny

I currently am setting up a small 1 foot cube aquarium by mr. aqua and it is turning out very nice it is a work in progress as I still have to build the cherry wood hood for it with my led's installed that I purchased from www.rapidled.com. The leds I have ordered consist of 5 cree 3watt UV bulbs , 6 cool white and 6 royal blue I may add more to change the color spectrum up a bit. Getting to the topic of food I feed small mysis shrimp, brine ship, and sustainable aquatics hattchery diet. The only fish I have in my smalll tank is a very small Centropyge acanthops (flame back angel) that is only about an inch long.I will try to figure out how to post some pics and a video.

• 1 month later...

Make my own as its far better than most commercially made foods and far cheaper. My fish are a testimony to it. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived