ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

When I told him I had algae in my 5.5 gallon Spec V, he told me to get a yellow tang...and he wasn't kidding...

:lol:

That cracked me up :D.

There were no "police" back when my dad was into reefing either. I know he broke rules back then.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That cracked me up :D.

There were no "police" back when my dad was into reefing either. I know he broke rules back then.

haha, yea. and back then, there were no frags so everything was colony and costed an arm and a leg. and no pretty zoas back then, just yellow polyps.

so yesterday i picked up two astrea snails to help with a little bit of algae from increased feeding. can't find one of them tonight. really hope it's not upside down behind a rock.

haha, yea. and back then, there were no frags so everything was colony and costed an arm and a leg. and no pretty zoas back then, just yellow polyps.

so yesterday i picked up two astrea snails to help with a little bit of algae from increased feeding. can't find one of them tonight. really hope it's not upside down behind a rock.

That's the worry with astreas!

I don't remember ever seeing coral at the LFS in the early 90s. We had a FOWLR and the occasional try at an anemone that never worked out...duh....the lighting was fluorescent junk LOL. The things I know better now that we didn't know back then...eeks.

Oh...and we were excited about aptasia too :).

that just reminded me that i found 3 aptasia on a recently new zoa frag....ARGH

I've been soooo lucky with my current two tanks. So far I haven't had a single issue with aptasia. Knock on wood!!!!

Should be easy to remove them if they're on a frag? fingerscrossed

sooo I called my dad today to ask how the cycle is doing in his 4 gallon CADLight...and he already put corals in it!! ARGH! When I left last weekend, he said he will cycle for a month cuz he's not in a hurry. Instead, he went to my aunt who took over his 125 gallon tank and stole a few mushrooms and a trumpet frag. He CLAIMS he's rescuing them cuz my aunt neglects her tank and they are dying already. SIGH.

sooo I called my dad today to ask how the cycle is doing in his 4 gallon CADLight...and he already put corals in it!! ARGH! When I left last weekend, he said he will cycle for a month cuz he's not in a hurry. Instead, he went to my aunt who took over his 125 gallon tank and stole a few mushrooms and a trumpet frag. He CLAIMS he's rescuing them cuz my aunt neglects her tank and they are dying already. SIGH.

I bet they'll be ok. For sure the mushroom. The trumpet maybe not :).

i think his tank should be fine. i gave him rubles and sand from my tank so at least it's seeded. he also said he added some "bacteria" he bought from china a few years ago....but that probably did more harm than good.

The rainbow nem crawled back up so I have to take a picture =).

https://flic.kr/p/o7tx8P'>14513120633_a37d77d04c.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/nNdMDz'>14306545847_65963ab724.jpg

And I been seeing lots of crazy high price zoas for sale ($20 a polyp), but I still like the cheap ones the most...so here's a little tribute to cheap, weed zoas that grow like crazy...

https://flic.kr/p/o5zSYG'>14491725064_b5fb3d8106.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/o7twxv'>14513118643_82007a5823.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/o3E2Q5'>14469902296_bf2979d341.jpg

And speaking of weeds, GSP is looking real nice now.

https://flic.kr/p/nNd3Sy'>14306401948_224cb8b369.jpg

The Zoa's in the 3rd picture are sexxxxxxy !!!

yea, i really like it and it was $20 for like 30 polyps...it's a very common carribbean zoa i think but this frag is very nicely colored.

Damn,that's not bad !!! The one really good lfs I go too,has the same Zoa's and the polyps are HUGE like golden dollar size. They had a 10 polyp frag for $10. I almost got them.

Those Hawaiian Zoa's next to them look crazy !!!

Damn,that's not bad !!! The one really good lfs I go too,has the same Zoa's and the polyps are HUGE like golden dollar size. They had a 10 polyp frag for $10. I almost got them.

Those Hawaiian Zoa's next to them look crazy !!!

ooo...you are talking about the gold maul's? oops, i thought u meant the first zoa pic. haha. the gold maul I got 3 polyps for $10 and it has doubled since. the hawaiian zoas i got from MyReefToYours.com .

That's my fault,I meant 3rd zoa picture lol. Okay,gotcha. That's not bad. I needs them !! I might have to get them when I go back.

As normal looking great. Some of the non branded zoas look insane under the right lighting. I feel that tons of shops use your everyday stuff and never show the full potential of certain corals.

-D

Got a new maxi mini that's AWESOME looking. It has rings of red and yellow and green and purple and colors I can't even name. CRAZY.

14521233673_b29ac89829.jpg

Moved things around to accomodate the new nem. Pretty much moved all the acans to the back of the tank. New FTS!! Dont mind the frags in front, I am giving those out to my dad when his tank is really "cycled".

14314525008_325ed29113.jpg

:o that's some crazy ass colors from a maxi !!! Wow man,nice pick up. So glad to see this thing turning out better than ever. Looking stellar Ninja !!!

Got a new maxi mini that's AWESOME looking. It has rings of red and yellow and green and purple and colors I can't even name. CRAZY.

14521233673_b29ac89829.jpg

Moved things around to accomodate the new nem. Pretty much moved all the acans to the back of the tank. New FTS!! Dont mind the frags in front, I am giving those out to my dad when his tank is really "cycled".

14314525008_325ed29113.jpg

Looks incredible. I need to find my phone so I can zoom in on that FTS omgomgomg.

Archived