ReefCleaners.org

Cute majano

Lalani

There is no such thing as a cute mojano.

This was my tank pre mojanos.

1-24-07004.jpg

This was the same tank post mojano infestation:

013009002.jpg

There is about 2 years between the photos. I discovered a couple mojanos way down in the back where it was impossible to reach them without destroying the SPS colonies I had worked so hard to grow. I ignored them until they exploded and I could not keep up with Joes Juice, kalk paste, lemon juice, boiling water and every other thing I tried. I was able to give a few of the show corals to friends with the warning they may be infected even though I quarantined them but I lost almost everything in a matter or months andended up taking everything out, cooking the rock for 6 weeks and starting over. Even after 6 weeks in time out they still kept popping up for the next year and I was diligent about killing the little suckers this time. I hate the though of ever seeing someone go through the same thing.

Here are a few more a year before the disaster photo:

082107002.jpg

082107001.jpg

Oof, sucks that they caused so much trouble. Were they the ugly brown majanos?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope the pretty green ones. They actually looked very attractive until they over ran everything in the tank and stung them to death.

• 4 months later...

I rescued the cutest little majano from being flushed by a local reefer. :wub:

Named George.

IMG_6181_zps66de8969.jpg

IMG_6175_zps88973d01.jpg

that's pretty.. almost looks like a tiny bta..

Ok, so you should rename the thread to "Cute Graceful Anemones". I've ID'd them with Albert Thiel on his thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/305180-the-official-ask-albert-thiel-thread/?p=4589483

Anemonia gracilis, same genus as majanos, but a different species

Very cool! Thanks for the ID :)

that's pretty.. almost looks like a tiny bta..

Also, how could you flush something so pretty??

I know, they're so cute! I want to get some of those tulip majanos (not majanos?)

I know, they're so cute! I want to get some of those tulip majanos (not majanos?)

I think the only proper thing to call them now are graceful anemones

My 20 g is about to be overrun with these little gits, when I move everything to the 40 soon I will be killing every Majano with hell fire :)

Damn if I could pay shipping I'd have you send some to me lol.

I bet they would survive being sent by carrier pigeon. They were useful and stopped the gap spreading but then started to damage other corals so now they have to go.

Archived