ReefCleaners.org

Cute majano

Lalani

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow i guess it is. does anyone know if you can isolate mojanos on their own rock to prevent them spreading or will that not stop them if they do end up multiplying?

Yeah, they'll more around cuz they're nems. You can poke them and prod them to make them move though. They might not move far though lol. The ones I have haven't moved much.

hasn't he made a George II yet? i thought these things multiplied rapidly

I think the brown ones might multiply really quickly, but not these green/purple guys. I've had mine for about 2 years, and the original one I started with has only split once. And I pretty much think it's only split because I started feeding it rather heavily/directly haha

Yeah, they'll more around cuz they're nems. You can poke them and prod them to make them move though. They might not move far though lol. The ones I have haven't moved much.

I think the brown ones might multiply really quickly, but not these green/purple guys. I've had mine for about 2 years, and the original one I started with has only split once. And I pretty much think it's only split because I started feeding it rather heavily/directly haha

I agree with this. They don't really multiply to take over a tank, They are very easy to kill as well should you not want them or they keep multiplying. Just some lemon juice and a syringe and your good to go!

They are very easy to kill as well should you not want them or they keep multiplying

While the can be taken care of easily, they're super hardy. I don't think they care much about water quality and/or lighting. Also, one of the ones I have had it's foot partially on a frag (unbeknownst to me), and when I went to mnove the frag I accidentally ended up almost ripping the little guy in half! He made a full recovery though :)

A tank with majanos this colorful would look great. I forget who it was but he has a majano carpet that hosts his clownfish. He also has SPS so the majanos aren't all that welcome but he hasn't done anything to erradicate them.

Here's a thread on that:

A tank with majanos this colorful would look great. I forget who it was but he has a majano carpet that hosts his clownfish. He also has SPS so the majanos aren't all that welcome but he hasn't done anything to erradicate them.

clown-majano.jpg

EDIT:

I think something like this was what you were actually taling about:

http://richmondreefers.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9053

hostingmajano3.jpg

Way to showcase George, Kim! He's really looking great. :)

I rescued the cutest little majano from being flushed by a local reefer. :wub:Named George. IMG_6181_zps66de8969.jpg IMG_6175_zps88973d01.jpg

Way to showcase George, Kim! He's really looking great. :)

Hey Tony! Had no idea you were a member here! :D

He's doing great, firmly attached to the rubble and hasn't moved at all. All puffed up and handsome lol

Wonder if these would play nice with my BTAs..

Maybe. If anything they'd get stung by the BTAs and move somewhere else. They're like quarter sized, so I don't see them posing any threat to the BTAs

Maybe. If anything they'd get stung by the BTAs and move somewhere else. They're like quarter sized, so I don't see them posing any threat to the BTAs

Im gonna keep my eyes open then!

Yea I've been around for a little while. Mostly lurk and help when I can. I only have 1 nano which is an 8 gallon evolve that I've been working on. Thinking about upgrading it to a nuvo 8 gallon though. They look better plus they made with glass. Sorry for the little derail. Now back on track. Lol

Hey Tony! Had no idea you were a member here! :DHe's doing great, firmly attached to the rubble and hasn't moved at all. All puffed up and handsome lol

Ha, you haven't seen my other threads here. I'd be very surprised if any of them have ever stayed on topic. :lol:

The nuvo really is a beautiful tank! Glass is so much better, every acrylic tank I've tried scratches way too easily.

they had some green ones at a lfs here. they tried to sell them to me for $4 each. i should've bought one. i had some orange baby ones come in on a frag once. i killed them. i regret it now. i've had an aiptaisa outbreak before and that was a little much though. are curly-q's better or worse than majanos?

jedimasterben

Usually it's the brown ones that do that. The very pretty majanos (like the green and red ones that you see once in a blue moon) tend to multiply very, very slowly. Tiki has some, and tries to propagate them, but it is slow even if you want them to :lol:

There is no such thing as a cute mojano.

This was my tank pre mojanos.

1-24-07004.jpg

This was the same tank post mojano infestation:

013009002.jpg

There is about 2 years between the photos. I discovered a couple mojanos way down in the back where it was impossible to reach them without destroying the SPS colonies I had worked so hard to grow. I ignored them until they exploded and I could not keep up with Joes Juice, kalk paste, lemon juice, boiling water and every other thing I tried. I was able to give a few of the show corals to friends with the warning they may be infected even though I quarantined them but I lost almost everything in a matter or months andended up taking everything out, cooking the rock for 6 weeks and starting over. Even after 6 weeks in time out they still kept popping up for the next year and I was diligent about killing the little suckers this time. I hate the though of ever seeing someone go through the same thing.

Here are a few more a year before the disaster photo:

082107002.jpg

082107001.jpg

Archived