Top Shelf Aquatics

Fluval Spec V

BigDookie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! When can I send you some money? :D

StevieT accepts personal deposits to his checking, Paypal(gift only), and offshore Swedish fish accounts. It's sketchy at best

I wonder if that would work on my evolve!

The tabs are 3-1/8" apart. They are pretty flexable.

I would like to find more uses for this plastic and piece if needed in other tanks.

Is it possible to make the skimmer a bit wider so it gets those two end slots better? Are you going to offer an option to just buy the skimmer without the media basket? I really want the skimmer. Already have a spec V that's going reef in January or February if all goes well.

Is it possible to make the skimmer a bit wider so it gets those two end slots better? Are you going to offer an option to just buy the skimmer without the media basket? I really want the skimmer. Already have a spec V that's going reef in January or February if all goes well.

It would not be possible unless you glued/siliconed the piece in front of the grate. Or siliconed the small gap once installed, the piece. An be folded or straightened without breaking this plastic is cool stuff. The tabs go through the end grates to hold it in place. It works as needed with the tabs. You might just fold the tabs the other way to block some of that small gap.

Yes the surface skimmer will be available for purchase separately and can ship first class mail. We sell all accessory pieces we produce.

• 2 weeks later...

The surface skimmer is done!

I know, wrong order to release a product but another employee, Scott had it's task vs Oompa Loompa Karen how builds all the other items.

Media Basket: This will likely release the first week of December, all pieces are cut and it is 2nd in line for building. We are still throwing around the idea of a presale.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Fluval-Spec-Surface-Skimmer-FLSSS.htm

1384896728199-100334233.png

I couldn't wait any more and I went ahead and started cycling my spec V in anticipation of the media basket release. Hurry up and get one assembled for me so I can order it! :D

I couldn't wait any more and I went ahead and started cycling my spec V in anticipation of the media basket release. Hurry up and get one assembled for me so I can order it! :D

Atta boy! They will be done next week ready for shipping around then too. I just saw a bunch half built today and some complete waiting to get on the heat bender.

Atta boy! They will be done next week ready for shipping around then too. I just saw a bunch half built today and some complete waiting to get on the heat bender.

woohoo! my spec v is coming next week so perfect timing!

Waiting!

loqd.jpg

nice scape! what kind of rock is that??

It is a VidaRock pico Arch. I also have a small rock with about 50 bam bam zoas and a couple red mushrooms on it that will be going in on the other end once it has cycled.

It is a VidaRock pico Arch. I also have a small rock with about 50 bam bam zoas and a couple red mushrooms on it that will be going in on the other end once it has cycled.

sweet! i have vidarock in my existing tank and plan to do the same for the new fluval.

Just got pricing in for the units! Should have that updated soon. I'm traveling to MI for the Packers game right now, may figure it all out and update the site to burn some time. It was generally lower than I thought so that's good for all of us :)

Possible to buy this on Black Friday with all the other stuff I plan to buy from you =) ???

THIS! IF you can make it active Friday, I will be ordering one along with a bunch of purigen and chemi-pure. ;)

It can be done a few ways, would you be OK with waiting and the order shipping complete or ship what is in-stock and ship basket when in-stock? If the order was over 149 all shipping would be free.

I can say that any Black Friday deal will not apply to this basket. It wouldn't be fair to the waiting list or the investment capital.

It can be done a few ways, would you be OK with waiting and the order shipping complete or ship what is in-stock and ship basket when in-stock? If the order was over 149 all shipping would be free.

I can say that any Black Friday deal will not apply to this basket. It wouldn't be fair to the waiting list or the investment capital.

I would be fine with the whole order shipping out once the media basket is ready. I have been on the waiting list since I talked to you at MACNA, so hopefully I am close enough to the top of the list to be included in the first batch.

I would be fine with the whole order shipping out once the media basket is ready. I have been on the waiting list since I talked to you at MACNA, so hopefully I am close enough to the top of the list to be included in the first batch.

Oh yeah, and an order would guarantee that. We started making 50 but the list got larger than we ever thought so they may be all gone quicker than expected. we usually product much more than that on a run but I was a little nervous on this one. who knew so many had a fluval.

I'm going to start working on it now. Traffic in Michigan is moving about 2 mph

Archived