Cultivated Reef

Amano Styled Coldwater Tank

AquaticEngineer

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AquaticEngineer

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg They are the coolest fish in existence! Wouldn't it eat everything that could fit in it mouth like an Angler would?

They are pretty territorial but I've kept the Onespot Fringeheads, and the Yellowfin Fringeheads, so even if it did eat all the other fish it would be worth it. I'd just have to keep a lot more invertebrates like starfish and anemones insteads :D

Very nice build!! Cant wait to see it with some schools of fish!

Have you done a DIY thread on these? -Im very intrigued!

I did a thread on those lights a couple years back when I first started toying with them.

I'm really looking forward to doing a school of these guys:

http://www.coldwatermarineaquatics.com/products/shiner-perch-cymatogaster-aggregata

shiner_perch_1024x1024.jpg

I hate u. In a good way. But i hate u. Lol awesome build man! Im also curious about your lights. Got a build thread?

I think the most recent one I did was just kind of explaining what all went into them with some videos and stuff of ones I did. I posted it on a local forum to me but here's the link:

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?40655-Making-DIY-d-Kessil-Ecoxotic-style-50w-LED-Cannons-anyone-interested&highlight=kessil'>http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?40655-Making-DIY-d-Kessil-Ecoxotic-style-50w-LED-Cannons-anyone-interested&highlight=kessil

AquaticEngineer

As of 9 minutes ago it is now my birthday :) And the tank is up and running and fully cycled since I plumbed it into the existing 500+ gallon holding system in the garage. Still gotta bang out another 50w light for it but its going.

temporary_zpsa4e38880.jpg

llama roadkill
As of 9 minutes ago it is now my birthday :) And the tank is up and running and fully cycled since I plumbed it into the existing 500+ gallon holding system in the garage. Still gotta bang out another 50w light for it but its going.

temporary_zpsa4e38880.jpg

Great way to celebrate! Happy birthday!

AquaticEngineer

Wow this is impressive.

One question.

How are you going to reach the wall tank now?

I'm 6'5" with a good wingspan ;) I'm the only one that can still reach it, lol, and if need be I can stand on top of the lobster tank. The lids are made of 3/4" acrylic.

My wife hates it because I always hang pictures at my eye height :lol:

I'm 6'5" with a good wingspan ;) I'm the only one that can still reach it, lol, and if need be I can stand on top of the lobster tank. The lids are made of 3/4" acrylic.

Gotcha. I'm 6'3" myself but with my back that's just asking for disaster. :rolleyes:

6'5" OMG You are really tall.

• 1 month later...
AquaticEngineer

Haven't had much going on with this tank recently. But I should have the other light done on it soon. Here's a pic of a bunch of the starfish that call it home with just one of the lights.

temporary_zps4b4add5c.jpg

llama roadkill
Haven't had much going on with this tank recently. But I should have the other light done on it soon. Here's a pic of a bunch of the starfish that call it home with just one of the lights.temporary_zps4b4add5c.jpg

omgomgomg

AquaticEngineer

Just wondering, do you have a thread for that top tank?

I did when I was messing with trying to chill it down to a coldwater system. Its now just a native freshwater tank with specimens from my creek :)

I think it was here in biotopes under wall mounted something or other :)

AquaticEngineer

neat. The one looks like flower petals. I didn't know they came in anything but 5 points.

That's a sunflower star, quite the predator :) I have a 2" one in my nano coldwater also

AquaticEngineer

Very impressive tank. I like it just with the stars. Reminds me of the tide pools on the Oregon coast

Thats were most of them came from :)

It will be a very tidepool styled tank when its finally done with rock and anemones and starfish. I have 2 other coldwater tanks in side the house and another 600 gallons of holding system in the garage so I got room to play around with different biotopes :)

Archived