Innovative Marine Aquariums

Amano Styled Coldwater Tank

AquaticEngineer

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to an update! ;) loving this tank, hoping to set up my temperate this year... As you probably know from my unstoppable talk about it on my thread... Lol

AquaticEngineer

Quick update, no pics though :)

Went out diving and tidepooling and my buddy Josh snagged a couple Blackeye Gobies out along the Jetty. Was hoping that I would end up with a male/female pair, but out of the 4 I had all were males :(

Not that big a deal though, they finally all settled down and made burrows equal distance from each other in the tank.

Picked up a few more shiner perch, the males are already fertilizing them.

Grabbed a few really big green anemones and a dozen or so moonglow anemones that are crazy colored. Also got 3 good sized painted anemones for the tank.

• 3 months later...
AquaticEngineer

Sorry for the few and far between updates, too much stuff.

Recently acquired a California Moray Eel for the tank (which has been on my long list of hopeful fish acquisitions for a very long time!)

Also, inherited another Black Eye Goby so I now have a trio of 2 males and hopefully a new female, along with a few more Shiner Perch to bring my school up to 9 now.

Over the summer me and the kids went out collecting and go a whole bunch of Mole Crabs for moving and cleaning the sandbed and they all seem to be doing well

Inherited a great looking large barnacle cluster with some amazing red fan algae growing all over it (pics soon I promise)

And it looks like next weekend I will be picking up another lobster tank very similar to this one I already have but just a bit smaller, for free :)

AquaticEngineer

Hoping I have some disposable cash soon to order up a dozen or so of the Red Rock Shrimp that live down there and clean the morays.

5539.jpg

AquaticEngineer

Picked up another version of this lobster tank over the weekend :) Gonna be a holding tank in the garage plumbed into the existing tank and sump setup for now unless I find something super extravagant that I need to put in another tank in my house.

post-27219-0-84004600-1476134424_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
llama roadkill

Picked up another version of this lobster tank over the weekend :) Gonna be a holding tank in the garage plumbed into the existing tank and sump setup for now unless I find something super extravagant that I need to put in another tank in my house.

Do you just force Red Lobsters in foreclosure so you can buy their tanks?

AquaticEngineer

Do you just force Red Lobsters in foreclosure so you can buy their tanks?

Maybe.....

Can't wait to see some pictures! Will the eel be an issue with all of the other fish?

The is kind of an issue, he managed to take down 3 of my 9 shiner perch. Only kind of because the shiners have now learned to stay clear of him, and I can always go catch more shiner perch ;) Eels are much harder to come by.

I just added new LED lights to replace the overly blue 15K 100w lights I had on there before. The light is much truer to natural looking light now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived