AFellowReefer

One Stop Guide for Your Shrimp!

BlennyBoi
On 9/22/2015 at 1:49 AM, kohanson said:

I will never ever buy a Coral Banded Shrimp. I have a 3.5ft tank and I just added a firefish into my tank. Within 2 days, I could not find the fish and when I look into the CBS's usual hiding place, I saw my firefish with only his head, his bone and tail. I immediately took him out at night and place him in my sump.

my cbs took a clown. as soon as that happened, i took him on a permanent holiday to the sump.

BlennyBoi

i recently bought a L. amboimensis. love him so much! so active and cleans my hand. would recommend. also a million times better than my asshole of a coral banded. i live in australia, and here theyre really pricey! should i have just ordered from liveaquaria?

M-A-T-T-Y
6 hours ago, BlennyBoi said:

i recently bought a L. amboimensis. love him so much! so active and cleans my hand. would reccomend. i live in australia, and here theyre really pricey! should i have just ordered from liveaquaria?

Where do you buy from @BlennyBoi?? I am in Australia and struggle to find a good store.

mndfreeze

Crazy to think they are so expensive there.  Sexy shrimp are super cheap here in the states.  For the cost of 2 meals at mcdonalds I can buy one.  They cost roughly 15 bucks here on average.  Sometimes as low as ten but never higher than 20.

BlennyBoi
On 11/29/2018 at 3:27 PM, M-A-T-T-Y said:

Where do you buy from @BlennyBoi?? I am in Australia and struggle to find a good store.

sorry i took a while to respond, but i got him from cairns marine. their cleaner shrimp are even pricier than normal, but theyre the only saltwater lfs in my area.

BlennyBoi
On 12/13/2018 at 3:33 PM, mndfreeze said:

Crazy to think they are so expensive there.  Sexy shrimp are super cheap here in the states.  For the cost of 2 meals at mcdonalds I can buy one.  They cost roughly 15 bucks here on average.  Sometimes as low as ten but never higher than 20.

apparently aussie cleaner shrimp live at 30m+, so its a hassle to collect them. indonesian cleaners are normally collected in very shallow water, and are thus cheaper.

Crys

Hi,

I was doing some research on shrimp and came across this thread.  Thanks for the great information, I will not be buying a coral banded shrimp!  Also thank you for the shrimp verses shrimps statement, it is also a pet peeve of mine.  When ever I'm at a restaurant and see shrimps on the menu  I really want to take a sharpie marker and fix the spelling.🙂

Trash person

This is exactly what I needed thank you, and good job 

BurlyWizard

Outside of compatibility, how many shrimp can you house in a tank? I have a 25 gallon and would like to maximize the shrimp. Would a skunk, fire, and a few camel back shrimp be too much?