Top Shelf Aquatics

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

Hello everyone! Many of you have been asking me to create a thread with pictures and information on my Nuvo aquariums. I began my first nano reef aquarium about 1.5 years ago. I have been in the hobby all my life but inherited my first salt water aquarium about 13 years ago. I really got the itch to place an aquarium in our bedroom but needed to convince my wife. Thus, the nano aquarium was born.

Nuvo 24 Equipment

- stock pump rated at 476 GPH (added two spin streams to the returns)

- Vortech MP10 ES

- Nano Zapp 3 Watt inline uv sterilizer with quite flow pump rated 84-159 GPH

- Arctica JBJ 1/15 Titanium Chiller

- IM desktop protein skimmer (ghost skimmer)

- IM 150L Minimax reactor

- IM 350L Minimax reactor

- IM HydroFill ATO Controller System

- IM HydroFill ATO Pump System

- 15 gallon acrylic RO/DI water reservoir

- 2 digital thermometers

- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-therm 100 watt heater

- Too many timers to count

Lighting

- 3 black 8 watt IM Skkye Lights

- 1 36 inch Finnex Fuge Ray 2 Actinic Blue 29 watt light

- 1 36 inch Finnex Fuge Ray 2 Red spectrum 29 watt light

Wish list

- Neptune APEX controller

- Sump and refugium combo

Livestock Inverts/Fish

2 fire shrimp

4 sexy shrimp

2 ghost shrimp

3 anenome shrimp

3 red legged hermit crabs

5 blue legged hermit crabs

12 snails

2 porcelain crabs

Pom Pom crab

Tail spot Blenny

Firefish

Red scooter Blenny

Yellow citron goby

Neon Blue Goby

Orange spotted goby

Yasha shrimp goby and shrimp

2 snowflake/Picasso clowns

4 sea horses

2 pipefish

Corals

Several SPS varieties

Neon Green Goniapora

Neon Green Blastomussa

Red stripped acan

12 ricordia

Orange sponge

4 Gorgonians

Fire red tube worm

Neon Green Candy cane coral

2 leather corals

Green mummy eye chalice

Several different species of zoanthids

Star polyps

Orange scolymia

Clove polyps

More pics

post-80849-0-00400500-1375595743_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-26716200-1375595811_thumb.jpg

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needs more fish imo. Very beautiful nuvo you got there though.

I agree and am looking at adding a pair of clowns and a sand sifting goby. Also considering a possum wrasse. Any suggestions for some really nice fish?

This is a beautiful tank man. The nuvo 24 is the next tank I would like to set up. Your scape looks great, It isn't an easy tank to get such a good looking scape.

Hmmm don't add a possum. Add a pink streaked wrasse, or a basslet!! Or some more gobies.
Thanks for the suggestions. I am a big fan of gobies. Love their looks and behaviors. I will probably also look into a basslet. I just am trying to be selective in what I add.

This is a beautiful tank man. The nuvo 24 is the next tank I would like to set up. Your scape looks great, It isn't an easy tank to get such a good looking scape.
Thanks for the compliment. The Nuvo 24 has the 3 feet of horizontal viewing which I love. The viewing depth is only 9 inches so I needed to be creative to add the illusion of more depth. The gorgonians in the back help as they take a lot of vertical space but are narrow allowing for more rock work and coral.

What coral is this? Top center (the big one). It's a beautiful centerpiece.

post-80849-0-17213200-1375398348_thumb.j

Many ask the same question. It's a leather coral. It has grown 2 times the size in 4 months since I got it. I would say its the best leather I ever had. The extensions on it can reach 3 inches. Many of my fish enjoy going into and perching in it.

I'm really enjoying the mix of larger corals and smaller ones, makes it appear like the tank has some age and babies have sprouted here n' there among the maturity. I think that's more natural. Love the gorgs. All adds focal interest, leads you in to look at different sizes, levels. I believe a 6 line wrasse would hit the spot. Blue and red stripes with a green tail.

I'm really enjoying the mix of larger corals and smaller ones, makes it appear like the tank has some age and babies have sprouted here n' there among the maturity. I think that's more natural. Love the gorgs. All adds focal interest, leads you in to look at different sizes, levels. I believe a 6 line wrasse would hit the spot. Blue and red stripes with a green tail.

I considered a sixline wrasse. I have one in my 220 gallon and he is quite aggressive. Was a bit nervous to add it but know how beautiful it is. It also will be visible swimming in and out of the rocks. Will maybe have to reconsider.

Does the yellow citron goby bother your sps? Or is it just the yellow clown gobies that nip at them?

No, it perches on them every once in awhile but the SPS do not seem to mind.

Great layout of corals! I planned on having gorgs in the back too :) They look great! I hope my tiny frag of toadstool grows into that, I'm so impatient.. corals need to grow faster :o

+1 some sort of basslet and maybe some sort of clown. Looks like you have plenty of perchers and sand dwellers and a few more active fish would work nicely!

Great layout of corals! I planned on having gorgs in the back too :) They look great! I hope my tiny frag of toadstool grows into that, I'm so impatient.. corals need to grow faster :o +1 some sort of basslet and maybe some sort of clown. Looks like you have plenty of perchers and sand dwellers and a few more active fish would work nicely!

Active fish is what I am looking for. My 4 year old son had a friend over yesterday looking at the aquarium and he turned to me and said "Where are the fish?". So now the decision for active swimmers is on.

Egginis Nuvo 24

post-80849-0-21113300-1375595977_thumb.jpg

Cameron6796

Beautifullllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to set mine up if your willing to take the risk a cherub angel how bout designer clownfish some are great

Hmmmmmmmmm active swimmers royal gramma other basslets, chromis, cardinals, dotty backs and you already have a dart fish

just keep in mind bio load im positive you know what your doing better then me since all i have ever had was a pico but I've been researching for hours on end these past few months and the tanks getting close to capacity although they are fairly tiny fish, just saying

i noticed you are using the minimax reactors, may i ask what media you've put in them and do you recommend using it in the tank (the 150L or the 350L?)?

Deleted User 4

Man, this tank setup is awesome!!! Ha, I noticed your scoly is a little bleached? I wouldn't be surprised since it's hard to keep up with healthy sps if you're going to have healthy scolys.

I'm just in love with your aqua scaping, coral placements and coral selection.

Beautifullllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to set mine up if your willing to take the risk a cherub angel how bout designer clownfish some are great

Hmmmmmmmmm active swimmers royal gramma other basslets, chromis, cardinals, dotty backs and you already have a dart fish

just keep in mind bio load im positive you know what your doing better then me since all i have ever had was a pico but I've been researching for hours on end these past few months and the tanks getting close to capacity although they are fairly tiny fish, just saying

Thank you for the comment. I'm a bit nervous keeping dwarf Angela as I have owned a few that went after corals. They also might be a bit too aggressive in a nano. I am really giving clownfish a big consideration. Saw a pair black onyx clowns at my LFS and may pick them up. Could also lean toward a basslet.

Thank you for the comment. I'm a bit nervous keeping dwarf Angela as I have owned a few that went after corals. They also might be a bit too aggressive in a nano. I am really giving clownfish a big consideration. Saw a pair black onyx clowns at my LFS and may pick them up. Could also lean toward a basslet.

I'm likely going to be taking a chance and adding a Flame Angel to my Nuvo 24. But then again I have hardly any coral yet for the tank.

Archived