SaltCritters.com

Zenreefer's Nuvo 8g

zenreefer

Go see planet mer, they always have a special. Fire shrimp 17.50 each reef crystals 56 dollars for a 160 gallon I think. there's always a deal Reef concept in laval is nice but expensive ///well this hobby is $$$ anyway. I don't have much to trade at this point, some zoa later on probably and birdnest in a few months maybe.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go see planet mer, they always have a special. Fire shrimp 17.50 each reef crystals 56 dollars for a 160 gallon I think. there's always a deal Reef concept in laval is nice but expensive ///well this hobby is $$$ anyway. I don't have much to trade at this point, some zoa later on probably and birdnest in a few months maybe.

Sounds great! I'll definitely go see Planet Mer!

And if I'm in Laval it's always good to know there's a LFS. :)

Oh, and neither do I have anything to trade... yet. hehe!

Your tank is beautiful. Hopefully when I get my tank It can look as good as yours:)

Thanks alot! I'm still very far away from what I see in my head as my "dream" tank, but I think I'm happy with it for now. hehe

just started a "zen theme" nuvo 8!!!

great job on yours

do you think I will need to put wood like you did for support?

Sick! Hmm.. The wood is to support the stand because I saw that the stand was bending AND that I was getting very minor leaks/salt creeps around the edges. I'm still getting some (with the wood piece there) but whatever. It's not so bad. (and yes I know this sounds like a bad idea to leave it like this, but whatever it's been working).

It looks like all your levels are pretty low. I had the same problem from a poor quality salt mix. I tried to supplement it with dosing but it turned into a major headache. I'd get one level where I wanted it and the others would swing way out of whack.

So +1 on the better salt mix. Look for one with a high Mag level that way if you decide to dose a 2 part, like B-Ionic, your water column will be able to balance the increased levels of Alk and Cal. < this is what worked for me atleast, in my 8 and 24 gal nanos. Once I got my Mag level and Ph up all my zoanthids and acans are fat and open. ;)

Love the new scape, light and mp10. Great setup you got there. the white background makes everything really "pop". ....Just might have to get me a nuvo 8! HA

Sick! Hmm.. The wood is to support the stand because I saw that the stand was bending AND that I was getting very minor leaks/salt creeps around the edges. I'm still getting some (with the wood piece there) but whatever. It's not so bad. (and yes I know this sounds like a bad idea to leave it like this, but whatever it's been working).

now you have me paranoid >_<

It looks like all your levels are pretty low. I had the same problem from a poor quality salt mix. I tried to supplement it with dosing but it turned into a major headache. I'd get one level where I wanted it and the others would swing way out of whack.

So +1 on the better salt mix. Look for one with a high Mag level that way if you decide to dose a 2 part, like B-Ionic, your water column will be able to balance the increased levels of Alk and Cal. < this is what worked for me atleast, in my 8 and 24 gal nanos. Once I got my Mag level and Ph up all my zoanthids and acans are fat and open. ;)

Love the new scape, light and mp10. Great setup you got there. the white background makes everything really "pop". ....Just might have to get me a nuvo 8! HA

Thanks alot! The Nuvo 8 is def' a pretty sweet tank. Yes my levels are all low… I've been testing and testing because my lfs tells me that my salt I should be at 1400mg steady.. not 800… I'm not sure what's wrong. I'll bring them my water this week (finishing my university term = no time for nothing though..)

Love the tank! Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing this in the future.

-Dave

Thanks Dave, means alot. :)

now you have me paranoid >_<

Hehe, IM has a bad rep these days :(

I finally got myself some filter floss (after like 3 months..) and some vinegar to kill my aiptasia. hehe

Have you guys tried berghia nudibranch for the aiptasia? A buddy of mine gave them a go for his 14 AIO and hasn't had a aiptasia problem since. If injection doesn't work might be something to look into.

Good luck on the tests

Have you guys tried berghia nudibranch for the aiptasia? A buddy of mine gave them a go for his 14 AIO and hasn't had a aiptasia problem since. If injection doesn't work might be something to look into.

Good luck on the tests

I'll ask my lfs about the nudibranch... it could cool to have. I know there's the shrimp that can eat aiptasia... but it's out of stock here at my lfs. I'll inject tomorrow.

Love the rock scape and Picasso's! Monado rock is probably my favorite looking liverock. How did the stock light do with softies and lps for you? I'm getting ready to set up this tank myself

Love the rock scape and Picasso's! Monado rock is probably my favorite looking liverock. How did the stock light do with softies and lps for you? I'm getting ready to set up this tank myself

It was enough, but it was not visually pleasing. The LED upgrade is clearly massive ;)

It was enough, but it was not visually pleasing. The LED upgrade is clearly massive ;)

Thanks. I'll probably start with stock and eventually upgrade myself. Good luck with the aiptasia

Thanks. I'll probably start with stock and eventually upgrade myself. Good luck with the aiptasia

Yes this is a wise choice. :) No need to rush anything!

And yes, thanks for aiptasia... it's nearly gone. :) hehe. I'll post some new pictures soon.

• 2 months later...

What ended up happening with your aiptasia problem....I just noticed a couple small aipasias tonight and also have a Nuvo 8 so I am looking for ideas on how to go about tackling it before it gets out of hand. Your tank looks great by the way. Your tank has been one of my inspirations throughout my build!

Archived