inTank Media Baskets

Fluval Reef aquaria M40, M60, M90. Nobody talking about them?

theGil

Unless I'm not searching correctly, I can't find anyone that has said anything about Fluval's new saltwater tank offerings, i.e., the "Fluval Reef Aquarium and Cabinet Set" with models M40, M60, and M90. Even when I do a regular ole google search, I don't see much other than a few dealers in the UK. And Fluval's own site.

I saw these tanks for the first time (hadn't even heard of them) at a LFS in Austin. They looked pretty slick. Seemed pricey, but they come with a lot of stuff. It'd be nice to maybe just get the tank and stand alone, but I doubt that's an option.

Anyway.... Anybody actually own one?? Post some pics or something! :)

i saw them at a convention out here in cali. they looked good. everything from fluval is pretty average though. but i still have not seen any of these tanks for sale at all.

i saw them at a convention out here in cali. they looked good. everything from fluval is pretty average though. but i still have not seen any of these tanks for sale at all.

Haha. That's funny, because I was gonna say that everything from fluval is usually pretty solid. Idk. I've always appreciated the quality of my Edge tanks. And I'm a big fan of the AquaClear filters.

Just checked again and they don't exist on the U.S. site only the Canda site.

It's strange. Now I feel kinda privileged for having been to a store that actually had them on the floor. I'm gonna ask one of my LFS here in San Antonio what they know about the line and its availability and pricing.

I'm sure that there is a way to get them but the site doesn't provide any info about where they are if they are here.

yea they make good stuff but nothing that will ever really wows anyone. i do like their aquaclear filters as well. its kinda like they just aim for the middle bar most the time.

I'm sure that there is a way to get them but the site doesn't provide any info about where they are if they are here.

Yeah, the site is pretty lame. If I hadn't seen these tanks in Austin, I would think that they weren't even available.

yea they make good stuff but nothing that will ever really wows anyone. i do like their aquaclear filters as well. its kinda like they just aim for the middle bar most the time.

Well, I def think their designs can wow people. After all, it was the site of the Edge at Petsmart that got me into the hobby. No lie. And I've seen a number of other people say the same thing. Their other offerings looked very cool, too. Chi, Ebi, etc. and the quality seems to be there on my Edge at least. Out of curiosity, who are you comparing them to? The really high dollar stuff?

i guess im just a little bitter after owning so many fluval tanks and never being satisfied with them. i have owned the chi, ebi/flora, and the edge. the edge is the only one i really liked, it was a new design and brought something unique to the table. the chi is really only good as a betta tank. you have to replace everything to raise anything else. same as the fluval flora/ebi. i replaced everything except the tank, i basically paid $100 for an 8 gallon tank. i stopped buying kits after that. its not like any of those tanks were of a unique size or anything, except the edge of course. i guess what im really getting at is that fluval really doesnt put out anything that is innovative. i have an aqua japan aio now, it was a bit pricey but i dont regret buying it. it makes for a beautiful tank for me and has the perfect dimensions for my purposes.

and regarding your orignal post. i saw those tanks in person. they are nice, dont know the price. im sure fluval is charging alot, and alot of what the kit comes with will be thrown out. did they do anything innovative in my eyes? no, just another aio. the easy drain is cool. i wouldnt pay a premium for it though. this is all just an opinion, nothing i say should be taken to heart.

macmaniac82

I to would love to know if anyone can find more information on this set of tanks. I have contacted Hagen twice and got two different answers. On my first attempt I was told that they are available by special order only in the US and I would need to contact a dealer directly to have it ordered.

After contacting 3 local dealers no one was able to find any information on how to order them. On my second attempt to contact Hagen I was told that there was no date as to when those tanks would be available in the US.

I would love to know if anyone else has any better luck on finding these tanks.

i guess what im really getting at is that fluval really doesnt put out anything that is innovative.

Except for the Edge ;)

i have an aqua japan aio now, it was a bit pricey but i dont regret buying it. it makes for a beautiful tank for me and has the perfect dimensions for my purposes.

I haven't heard of those. Def gonna google 'em!

and regarding your orignal post. i saw those tanks in person. they are nice, dont know the price. im sure fluval is charging alot, and alot of what the kit comes with will be thrown out. did they do anything innovative in my eyes? no, just another aio. the easy drain is cool. i wouldnt pay a premium for it though. this is all just an opinion, nothing i say should be taken to heart.

The tank itself looks nicer to me than other AIOs. The frosted glass is nice, and I prefer non-rounded corners. As for the included equipment, I'd def rather add my own stuff. I wonder what the tank would end up costing after selling off all of the extras. Oh, yeah, that drain sounds interesting!

I to would love to know if anyone can find more information on this set of tanks. I have contacted Hagen twice and got two different answers. On my first attempt I was told that they are available by special order only in the US and I would need to contact a dealer directly to have it ordered.

After contacting 3 local dealers no one was able to find any information on how to order them. On my second attempt to contact Hagen I was told that there was no date as to when those tanks would be available in the US.

Idk if you saw my OP, but there's a LFS in Austin that had them in the store the last time I was there. You should try to contact them. They're called Fish Gallery. If you look on their facebook page, you can see a picture from June 10 of the M40 in their store. Shows a price of $569.99. Here's a link to their pics:

https://www.facebook.com/TheFishGallery/photos_stream

• 1 year later...

They are available on drf&s .. Starting at 539 usd.

• 2 months later...

Wonder if there is anywhere in the US to buy the M-90? I can't seem to find any info online.

I was at Aquatic Experience Convention today and saw the M90. LOVE IT. Here's a pic:

https://flic.kr/p/q11xeg'>15752667485_a4e15e8b98.jpg

Shoot them an email. They are stocking them now in many LFS in the states. $850 for the entire set up you see above (light, tank, stand, skimmer, pumps). Only thing bad is the glass is regular glass and not low-iron. Also, no media baskets in the back.

Archived