Cultivated Reef

Would you accept this tank build?

NanoReefer411

Lee Mar is crap. I've been in communication with four other people the past month or so that are having major issues with their tanks/builds through Lee Mar. Their quality control is nonexistent right now and they build things their way even if it goes against the customers custom orders.

Starboard will be fine if you silicone it down to the bottom pane so nothing can get under it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me that the tank builder is being extremely cooperative. They have listened to the customer, offered solutions and even offered a full refund if Gina isn't happy with the end result - you can't ask for more than that :)

NanoReefer411

Agreed Danna. I didn't remember the e-mail about the discussion of the squeeze out between silicone before posting. Then after OBD said they had told me, I went back to find it. I overlooked it and it was my fault. I didn't know, my fault, it could have happened. If I wouldn't have been so damn excited I would have read everything perfectly and told him to do clear silicone. GAH! My fault. My stupid mistake.

Toots? I am afraid I don't know what you mean. From what I understand, the bottom silicone is very hard to control once the Eurobrace goes in. The silicone joining the panes looks very clean to me from what I can see in the pictures.

If that is the case, I guess I will just put sand in. It is a vinyl lining that was put in place to disguise the black silicone. I would like to put down starboard, but I am wondering if it would trap a bit too much detrious?

....right on

Archived