ReefCleaners.org

SantaMonica HOG Kickstarter

SantaMonica

I only am interested in backing Kickstarted ventures when the donation matches the reward product value. Otherwise I am an investor without any stake.

I would suggest you rethink your tiers and rewards, if you want backers like me.

Another thing

I think its a valid product. But you've already brought it to market, it's already started; why or what needs Kickstarting?

SantaMonica

Ah, will fix the spelling soon :)

As for pricing/tiers etc, the higher pricing is for the quicker delivery (up to 6 months) and more non-diy styling compared to our current models.

just my opinion, but you should look into getting injection molds made. I don't really think 3d printing is suitable for mass production yet due to limited choice of materials, long print times, and questionable quality. And by questionable quality I mean the layer lines that most fdm printers still have. Don't get me wrong, the makerbot is a good printer, but the shorter you push the print times, the lower the quality is going to be

I would back this project.

Now some suggestions. You need to narrow down a lot of things for Kickstarter. Backers like to see

A video (tyically 2-3 minutes long)

The Rewards.

Why is it special and innovative?

Why do you need the money?

I feel your content is good but is long to read. Narrow down your rewards.

Also, work on finding ways to lower your goal, backers like to see a goal that is easier to achieve. This might mean finding another way to manufacturer a smaller batch.

SantaMonica

Good points; the samples I have from a Makerbox Replicator have those lines but they actually look like carbon fiber. Strength and sealing is variable, based on settings. I did, btw, check into injection.

Can't do a video; no ability, or time, to do anything usable at all. I'm much better with still pics.

For rewards I do have three different models, plus the pump (which may not be approved by KS), plus the shirt, so I'm not sure if fewer rewards would cover everything.

Special? Elimination of water changes, and possibly feeding too, using a cool looking device.

Money of course is to buy the printers. The current goal is about as low as I can see going; it has to cover 2 printers, labor and other parts for 200 units, 10% KS fee, and probably 25% tax. I would never want to depend on just one printer.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want more...

PJ is right. You need a video to showcase your project.

You need to change the name. I know what it is and still everytime I see one of your links I see a big fat sow in mud in my head and some kind of RV brush cleaning thing. And like I said, I already know what it is. For those who don't...

Then again you could use that as a marketing gimmick. Dirty Farmgirl soap kinda does this.

Have a cartoon pic of a farmer in overalls with an RV brush getting ready to clean his pigs, then switch it up. "Not that kind of hog scrubber."

ps, if you use that farmer idea it will only cost you one of your scrubbers, I dont need any royalties or any thing.

And I remember you designing a flow through ATS, whatever happened to that?.

I still think that's a great idea if you could implement it.

• 2 weeks later...

This may have already been addressed, and if so, I must have missed it.

On the electrical side

I am wondering how the heatsink will be able to breathe, because in the video you say that the unit is sealed. I fear that without proper ventilation, the LED's may overheat causing premature failure .

The case, being non-glossy black, is a black-body radiator. And it sort of has cooling fins. So the heat is dissipated very well between the tank glass and the case.

Archived