inTank Media Baskets

Diver's Pony Paradise - New photos! (pg. 64)

Felicia

Kfmmartin19
Woa your wallets gotta be on fire over there :lol: Thats my kind of shopping right there. A matter of fact you gave me your contagious shopping bug. I'm gonna placea BRS order now myself. I'm gonna also pick up some Tonga branch, another Hydor 240 for the fuge, a 3pk of the MP10 foam guards and a heater. Dang your build is costing me money, jus by tagging along,lol

Hey Zia, guess who has more than $70 worth of BRS reward points to spend...

This guy.

It's all coming together

P.S. Felicia- I noticed u ordered a lot of 2-part...u think a display fuge will require a lot of dosing? I was hoping I could get away with very limited (or no) dosing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would definitely like some kenya tree. Pink would look really nice! I just have to find some. None of the local stores have any that I've seen. I'll keep my eye out!

Thanks Gena, i like the pop of color and the flow it gives the tank also.

The only thing is it sheds little frags daily. If you dont fish them out they will attach to everything and anything near where they land and you could easily end up with a tank full of Kenyas. I fish them out and throw them in a glass bowl of rubble rock in my frag tank and after a week they attach to rubble. The problem is i have like 30 frags of them, lol. I have a hard time throwing out coral. I would gladly give it away to local reefers but there isnt any here,lol

Felicia, if you can wait or dont find any locally (which i'm sure you will) i will gladly throw a few frags in the macro box for you. Not sure how it would travel 2-3 day Priority shipping though.

Thanks Gena, i like the pop of color and the flow it gives the tank. The only thing is it sheds little frags daily. If you dont fish them out they will attach to everything and anything near where they land and you could easily end up with a tank full of Kenyas. I fish them out and throw them in a glass bowl of rubble rock in my frag tank and after a week they attach to rubble. The problem is i have like 30 frags of them, lol. I have a hard time throwing out coral. I would gladly give it away to local reefers but there isnt any here,lol

Felicia, if you can wait or dont find any locally (which i'm sure you will) i will gladly throw a few frags in the macro box for you. Not sure how it would travel 2-3 Priority though.

I don't need it right now anyway since the tank doesn't even have water in it yet. I'll just get a frag of it from you :) I bet it would survive priority just fine since that stuff is indestructible. Zoas typically do fine with priority, so I bet it will. Thanks, Zia!

Hey Zia, guess who has more than $70 worth of BRS reward points to spend... This guy. It's all coming together P.S. Felicia- I noticed u ordered a lot of 2-part...u think a display fuge will require a lot of dosing? I was hoping I could get away with very limited (or no) dosing

:lol:

Yea buddy, youll be in the pony game in no time! Woa, wait 70.00 worth of points?!? They only give u like 1 point per penny you spend. You must have spent

http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/ziareefer/media/22_zps18ad3bdd.jpg.html'>22_zps18ad3bdd.jpg

Hey and dont put me on PM blast, im getting to em a bit :P

Ugh! I didn't realize you had one. I could probably call first thing tomorrow and take it off my BRS order if you'd like to sell me yours. If you're not using it for anything, I'd definitely buy it from you!

Oh, and we have Petco, but my local one doesn't do any saltwater fish or corals.

Go ahead and see if you can cancel it. I'll happily send you mine. The one I have has the suction cup. Is that what you can get at BRS? They used to sell them with magnets which are soooo much better. This suction cup thing stinks! I ended up taping it to my tank because I couldn't get the suction cup to stick. LOL.

Woa your wallets gotta be on fire over there :lol: Thats my kind of shopping right there. A matter of fact you gave me your contagious shopping bug. I'm gonna placea BRS order now myself. I'm gonna also pick up some Tonga branch, another Hydor 240 for the fuge, a 3pk of the MP10 foam guards and a heater. Dang your build is costing me money, jus by tagging along,lol

More like my wallet is completely empty and my credit card is one fire! :lol: I figured I might as well get all the stuff I need to get the tank going or I'm going to be held up waiting on other things. Plus, BRS has such ridiculously expensive shipping it you don't hit the $175 for free shipping that I figured I'd buy it all at once with free shipping. Unfortunately, BRS is sold out of all the multibranch tonga rocks. They only have the single branches in stock, so I got a couple of those. Sorry to inspire shopping sprees!

Hey Zia, guess who has more than $70 worth of BRS reward points to spend... This guy. It's all coming together P.S. Felicia- I noticed u ordered a lot of 2-part...u think a display fuge will require a lot of dosing? I was hoping I could get away with very limited (or no) dosing

Wait, how on earth do you have $70 in points? That means you spent like $7000 at BRS. What are you buying?!

Haha, the B-Ionic is for my main tank. I'm really low on it and it much cheaper to buy it online than at my local LFS. The need for B-ionic is actually what triggered my shopping spree today :lol: Sorry to scare you, I don't plan on dosing the new pony tank.

Yea buddy, youll be in the pony game in no time! Woa, wait 70.00 worth of points?!? They only give u like 1 point per penny you spend. You must have spent

22_zps18ad3bdd.jpg

^+1 :lol:

Kfmmartin19

22_zps18ad3bdd.jpg

Lol ya I know it sucks. It's like for every $100 you spend you get $1 off your next purchase haha. But I bought my Razor and some other stuff from them when they were doing their 10x rewards points thing so I got a lot then.

I will try to suppress PM blast...

Go ahead and see if you can cancel it. I'll happily send you mine. The one I have has the suction cup. Is that what you can get at BRS? They used to sell them with magnets which are soooo much better. This suction cup thing stinks! I ended up taping it to my tank because I couldn't get the suction cup to stick. LOL.

Ok awesome! I'll call them first thing tomorrow and see if I can cancel it. Although I just realized that will drop me out of free shipping...hmmm...wonder what shipping would end up being. That could be an issue since their shipping tends to be ridiculous. I'll end up having to see if I can cancel the whole order and then place it again with a few other things that I need to hit the $175 for free shipping. I'll let you know once I talk to them.

Yeah, its the stupid suction cup. I figured I'd probably just end up taping it to the back of the tank. I wonder why they did away with the magnets? I hate things with suction cups, they never stay.

I was just going to say....10x rewards points!

Forgot about that!

Lol ya I know it sucks. It's like for every $100 you spend you get $1 off your next purchase haha. But I bought my Razor and some other stuff from them when they were doing their 10x rewards points thing so I got a lot then.

That makes more sense! I'm glad you're going to do ponies too!

Ok awesome! I'll call them first thing tomorrow and see if I can cancel it. Although I just realized that will drop me out of free shipping...hmmm...wonder what shipping would end up being. That could be an issue since their shipping tends to be ridiculous. I'll end up having to see if I can cancel the whole order and then place it again with a few other things that I need to hit the $175 for free shipping. I'll let you know once I talk to them.

Yeah, its the stupid suction cup. I figured I'd probably just end up taping it to the back of the tank. I wonder why they did away with the magnets? I hate things with suction cups, they never stay.

Forgot about that!

If you end up canceling the whole order. I have a crap ton of misc Locline your welcome to. Dont know if its 1/2'' though. I have a huge box of misc plumbing parts all new or in new like condition, hose claps, elbows etc...

If you end up canceling the whole order. I have a crap ton of misc Locline your welcome to. Dont know if its 1/2'' though. I have a huge box of misc plumbing parts all new or in new like condition, hose claps, elbows etc...

You two are awesome but you're also killing me. I'm never going to hit the $175 minimum at this rate and then shipping is going to be like $60 for the remainder of what I need :lol:

Kfmmartin19

That makes more sense! I'm glad you're going to do ponies too!

Ya well...Zia's making me...

K that's not entirely true but if anything doesn't go perfectly I WILL be blaming everything on him. ;)

K that's not entirely true but if anything doesn't go perfectly I WILL be blaming everything on him. ;)

:lol: Is that what the pm stuff is about? So when are you going to do this? Soon I hope so I can get ideas from you as well!

Maybe I should do that too ;) Poor Zia!

Kfmmartin19
:lol: Is that what the pm stuff is about? So when are you going to do this? Soon I hope so I can get ideas from you as well!

Yep. I've been bombarding him with questions and trying to get him to convince me to do this haha. If he doesn't answer my latest pm soon tho I might LOSE IT. I'm just being impatient haha

I will begin the seahorse transformation as soon as Zia gives me enough answers to my questions that I feel confident that I know what I'm doing haha. I'd say we're getting there...

I think I'm just going to start blaming all problems in life on Zia... I mean it does no good to blame yourself so may as well take it out on him, right??

Yep. I've been bombarding him with questions and trying to get him to convince me to do this haha. If he doesn't answer my latest pm soon tho I might LOSE IT. I'm just being impatient haha I will begin the seahorse transformation as soon as Zia gives me enough answers to my questions that I feel confident that I know what I'm doing haha. I'd say we're getting there... I think I'm just going to start blaming all problems in life on Zia... I mean it does no good to blame yourself so may as well take it out on him, right??

I've just been bombarding him with questions on his thread instead of through pm. You're more considerate than me apparently :lol:

Post your questions here so I can see the answers too! Might be something I didn't think to ask.

So is it your cube in your sig that you're thinking of converting?

:lol: Zia is just going to love that attitude. I'm just hoping I won't fail and then I won't have to blame anyone.

Kfmmartin19
I've just been bombarding him with questions on his thread instead of through pm. You're more considerate than me apparently :lol:

Post your questions here so I can see the answers too! Might be something I didn't think to ask.

So is it your cube in your sig that you're thinking of converting?

:lol: Zia is just going to love that attitude. I'm just hoping I won't fail and then I won't have to blame anyone.

Yep it's the Biocube in my thread I want to convert to pony-land.

K I will start posting my questions here, although I don't think some of the stuff Zia and I talk about is completely relevant...

Yep it's the Biocube in my thread I want to convert to pony-land. K I will start posting my questions here, although I don't think some of the stuff Zia and I talk about is completely relevant...

Well feel free to use my thread if you want since you may think of questions that I haven't thought of. I'm fine with off topic. Have you read some of the random stuff in my main thread? :lol:

That biocube is nice! I'm loving that razor on there. It will make a great seahorse tank. You just gotta take the euphyllias out. You've got some really nice softies in there already though!

Kfmmartin19
Well feel free to use my thread if you want since you may think of questions that I haven't thought of. I'm fine with off topic. Have you read some of the random stuff in my main thread? :lol:

That biocube is nice! I'm loving that razor on there. It will make a great seahorse tank. You just gotta take the euphyllias out. You've got some really nice softies in there already though!

Thanks!

I know, I'll have to part ways with my precious hammer :(

And idk what I'll do about the 2 fish...feel bad giving up my clown cuz he was my first ever saltwater fish.

Also I don't think my sps would do well in a pony fuge (then again most of them are dying currently anyway lol)

Unfortunately, BRS is sold out of all the multibranch tonga rocks.

Boo that was my main motivation for ordering through BRS. I think i can get all the other items from Dr. Foster n Smith and meet there 50.00 min for free shipping. Your right about BRS shipping! That's the only reason they dont get all my dry good biz.

I will try to suppress PM blast...

Still holding your breath, let me know when your blue n the face, jus before u pass out PM me and than im really on it. This time i promise.

Wait wut?!? :lol:

Wait u to?!? oy vey, im n trouble :lol:

I think I'm just going to start blaming all problems in life on Zia... I mean it does no good to blame yourself so may as well take it out on him, right??

Wait that's wut u have Kat for ;)

Please u know i dont mind.

Uhmmm... yea, Martin post your questions here :lol:

I dont think sum of Martin's ?s or some of my answers for that matter would be helpful to your thread in any way,lol

Thanks! I know, I'll have to part ways with my precious hammer :( And idk what I'll do about the 2 fish...feel bad giving up my clown cuz he was my first ever saltwater fish. Also I don't think my sps would do well in a pony fuge (then again most of them are dying currently anyway lol)

Yeah, I could see how it could be hard to give up the clown. And yep, the acros will have to go because they can sting the seahorses. SPS corals are a big no-no with seahorses. They look nice in your FTS. They're dying?

Kfmmartin19

And I will start asking Zia questions here from now on...as soon as he answers my current one...

Since its taken this many hours I am expecting his response to be long and well-crafted...a good amount of info. but a decent amount of humor and wit mixed in as well...

U hear that Zia??? I want humor and wit!!

Yeah, I could see how it could be hard to give up the clown. And yep, the acros will have to go because they can sting the seahorses. SPS corals are a big no-no with seahorses. They look nice in your FTS. They're dying?
Ya I stopped testing alk awhile back and a few weeks ago my birdsnest, green slimer, and other acro all started STNing. I checked my alk to find it was at like 5...so ya that was a problem. Got the alk back where it needed to be but I think some of the SPS are just too far gone :(On the bright side my frickin enormous spongeodes continues to grow and consume everything in its path lol

Boo that was my main motivation for ordering through BRS. I think i can get all the other items from Dr. Foster n Smith and meet there 50.00 min for free shipping. Your right about BRS shipping! That's the only reason they dont get all my dry good biz.

Wait u to?!? oy vey, im n trouble :lol:

Please u know i dont mind.

Uhmmm... yea, Martin post your questions here :lol:

I dont think sum of Martin's ?s or some of my answers would be helpful to your thread in any way,lol

I was only teasing. I will only blame myself!

And I meant post the seahorse tank-related questions on my thread. If you guys are discussing man-issues or something, I don't need to hear about that :lol:

Yeah, I only order through BRS when I have a huge order. Drs. Foster and Smith is great most of the time, but I couldn't get the nice BRS dry rock from them or the Loc-Line stuff. I couldn't get the rock from Marine Depot either, so I was stuck with BRS which means meeting the $175 minimum. Before it applied the shipping discount, it was estimating the shipping at $73 :o

And I will start asking Zia questions here from now on...as soon as he answers my current one...

Since its taken this many hours I am expecting his response to be long and well-crafted...a good amount of info. but a decent amount of humor and wit mixed in as well...

U hear that Zia??? I want humor and wit!!

:lol: You two are funny.

Ya I stopped testing alk awhile back and a few weeks ago my birdsnest, green slimer, and other acro all started STNing. I checked my alk to find it was at like 5...so ya that was a problem. Got the alk back where it needed to be but I think some of the SPS are just too far gone :( On the bright side my frickin enormous spongeodes continues to grow and consume everything in its path lol

Hey! We have the same issue! I got a bunch of new SPS corals and didn't realize the impact it was going to have on my alk. My alk dropped to five and I lost a couple new corals. Luckily all my older established corals were fine and I've got the alk back up to a reasonable level. So don't geel bad, it happens! Its crazy how some corals are just so much hardier than others.

Kfmmartin19

Lol "man-issues"

That's not exactly how I'd describe it

Yep the SPS thing sucks. For me I'm pretty sure it must've been the spongeodes sucking down all the alk. Recently it's just taken off with growth and I was being lazy and not testing my water

Archived