Top Shelf Aquatics

3 gallon mantis tank

Based

Might try a speckled damselfish, seen it on Tamberav's peacock build and found out the speckleds are really cheap compared to the princess damselfish. If i do keep a damsel with my mantis ill keep the damsel until it gets about 2" then swap it out for another one :D

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noooo I live in Youngstown....big city...smooshed cats. They are all indoors and rescues. My baby doll Sam has a neurological disease called cerebellar hypoplasia. Basically she can't find her balance...can't judge distances... Runs into crap....jumps over the couch instead of onto it....lol comical. It's ok she gets to suffocate me at night by sleeping in my head. Lol

The only cat I have whose anything nameable is my Russian blue... Eye rest are tabby shorthairs or calicoes or tortis...nothing special.

MOAR pics of the cat please!

Might try a speckled damselfish, seen it on Tamberav's peacock build and found out the speckleds are really cheap compared to the princess damselfish. If i do keep a damsel with my mantis ill keep the damsel until it gets about 2" then swap it out for another one :D

Ya those are cute damsels.. however I found out when they are adults they change color and are "meh" :( I would still get one if I could find one locally though. I have a yellow-tail, zero aggression between them. They sleep in the same cave area.

My peacock used him for a vault platform yesterday, I accidentally scared the mantis by turning on the lights and he ran back to his cave and jumped on the damsel (who was in the way) as a "platform" then jumped off him to the top of his cave. lol

Well i got a secret so shhh, i work at a fish store, so i can get them in. We already have a wennerae shrimp at my work but its expensive while i can special order one at another fish store and get it for 8$. Also it only eats prepared food, so i find it boring :D

Well i got a secret so shhh, i work at a fish store, so i can get them in. We already have a wennerae shrimp at my work but its expensive while i can special order one at another fish store and get it for 8$. Also it only eats prepared food, so i find it boring :D

Ah, that's nice! Well just so you know they turn brown :(

SPECKLED-DAMSEL.jpg

Ik, but i feel like the fish would be cramped up in my 3g so ill take him back once he starts loosing color and buy another one :D just got a really nice pic of bullseye and kabutops, going to post it in the mandarin forum in a couple minutes :D

Islandoftiki

ha! was just thinking the bioload would be a lot :P

Yeah, you're going to have to be extremely careful about overfeeding. And possibly do twice weekly water changes. I had a juvenile sixline wrasse in my 2 gallon tank for a month while she cleaned up a flatworm problem. I wouldn't have kept her in there much longer though. Pretty cramped. I did twice-weekly water changes while she was in the tank.

MOAR pics of the cat please!

Here ya go Kat :) these are the guys I could find lol some the cats on the table are tugboat in the back and storm (aka piglet) in the front. The second pic is cruddy but that's Gatto...he wouldn't sit still..he never does lol

Black cat is Merlin. And them of course the last are my baby Sam :)

On a fish related note lol I think the fish is a cool idea...but I can see it being a snack.

post-77492-0-87972600-1374194205_thumb.jpg

post-77492-0-42575300-1374194233_thumb.jpg

post-77492-0-12629300-1374194268_thumb.jpg

post-77492-0-67118600-1374194315_thumb.jpg

post-77492-0-23186300-1374194438_thumb.jpg

I'm home for the summer. I still bum off my rents lol only 19 and making less than 600. A month....can't really afford my own place yet. Only two of the cats are considered "mine", the other 4 belong to my mom and one is my dad.

During the school year they stay here at home, can't bring a cat to my dorm

.....can't technically have anything other than fish. So shhh I don't have any shrimp or crabs or snails...or possibly stomatopods lol

Islandoftiki

I'm home for the summer. I still bum off my rents lol only 19 and making less than 600. A month....can't really afford my own place yet.

Just so you know, life gets a lot better as you get older...

My parents would disown me if I left them 7 cats. They have 3 atm and two are strays I found and they love animals but my mom was very serious when she said "NO MORE".

Just so you know, life gets a lot better as you get older...
Lol thanks but I have to get through vet school and a half mil in debt before that can happen :/ sigh
My parents would disown me if I left them 7 cats. They have 3 atm and two are strays I found and they love animals but my mom was very serious when she said "NO MORE".
Lol well my cats aren't all mine. Like I said one is my dads cat...exclusively. Hates my mom and I lol. Then four are my moms....the two of us fight over one...she's mine! Lol and Sam is mine ...and currently napping on my head as I type this lol.So really it's not like they are all mine and my rents don't mind. They love them all the same. And btw all of my cats are rescues. Only one came from a shelter, the others were either found or rescued from abusive neighbors (Sam) :(

My sister is in Florida right now.. Wonder what the chances of her buying me a mantis shrimp is?
Lol hopefully she loves you bunches and the chances are good?

Yea I she thinks the shrimp is too scary lol

I'm trying to get into contact with sealifeinc to see if they got any under 2"

But they haven't responded wonder if they operate over the weekends? Maybe that's why they haven't responded to my email I sent them late last night

They take a few days, but they are an awesome company. They only ship Monday Tuesday and throw in freebies.... Soo I'm ok with a slower email response time. As long as its not ridiculous. It took two days for mine. I sent my email in the morning though.

Archived