ReefCleaners.org

3 gallon mantis tank

Based

I think we need a sailboat and a Barge...then our collection will be complete!!!

I'm all about making dreams come true. I'll start throwing cats on barges and at sailboats, you're bound to find one of each if I stay dedicated and place 8 a week.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need a sailboat and a Barge...then our collection will be complete!!!

lol I imagine Barge as a fat kitty :>

Hopefully getting my mantis this week! The 1st time they tried to get me one the wholesaler sent them a 3.5" peacock and the second time they order one they never received it, they put in another order for one this week, they just call and ask for small green mantises, so keep your fingers crossed!

Well I'm pretty sure it will be an wennerae because its one of the more common mantises to find, if it has the white metal spots ill end up getting it

Well the girl got freaked out because she saw that a peacock mantis was 120$ on some site and they ended up selling it for $35, who ever bought it got a amazing deal as I usually see them between 50-60$ for the size they had which was 3.5"

Not yet the 1st time it was a peacock, the 2nd Time they didn't recieve it, and now they ordered me another one

Ah, I was just confused about the $35 peacock.

yeah they wanted it gone and i go on michiganreefers to see what stores got what in and she pm'd me not knowing peacocks were expensive and asking if $35 was too cheap, its a good deal for who ever bought it but they got the mantis in for free i believe. I hope the mantis i get is good with corals

dang i dont think they got one in, maybe i will order one :(

well hopefully they get it in their thursday shipment

At least you're being responsible instead of just buying a peacock and jamming it in a 3g tank like some buttheads would do.

At least you're being responsible instead of just buying a peacock and jamming it in a 3g tank like some buttheads would do.

im afraid id wake up to a peacock on my face since the tank is literally right next to my bed :wacko:

will dwarf ceriths go unnoticed by a mantis?

Doubt it, I had one hitchhiker in my peacocks and pretty sure he found it.

I want to introduce some coraline algae to this system, whats the best way to do it? I got a plug that has coraline on it and im going to scrape it off, where should i put the scrapings at? In crevices? In the filter for it spores out?

Just scrape it off in the water, should be fine. It will take awhile to show up though. You could also just put a plug/small rock that has coralline on it in there.

none of my small rocks have coraline on them :( my old tiger pistol shrimp took all of my mall rocks with coraline and used them for building materials. And the plug has my tree le toadstools on them, dont really want to put that with my mantis

none of my small rocks have coraline on them :( my old tiger pistol shrimp took all of my mall rocks with coraline and used them for building materials. And the plug has my tree le toadstools on them, dont really want to put that with my mantis

Ahh, just scrape some off then and let it do its thing :)

Archived