ReefCleaners.org

Micro - Refugium or Sump now available!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

There was a member with a 3D printer making little reactors, you guys should work together. Think the tiniest sump with a reactor on the market! :o

The whole reason I started my company was to cater to only aquariums of 10 gallons and below! The popularity of my tanks pushed me slightly higher and I lost sight of the smaller systems!

I thought long and hard and have made a decision to come back to the smaller systems of which inspired me to open my doors to all of you in 2011.

Time to support all the 10 gallons and below fans! :)

I would imagine that a single baffle right after the filter sock,leaving room for a reactor,skimmer would be suffice,but i could be wrong. The taller design,fits what kind of setting up tank set up I'm going for. Small,compact an easily hidden. Something to fit a skimmer and a media reactor in.

As for the Hydor skimmer,it's on my list to order for my new tank,if it's 12" tall,I'd imagine at least 8"-9" of it would need to be submerged baffles at the top can let out water. I was reading online at least almost a half inch of the top baffles should be under water. I don't know the exact measurements with or without the collection cup,so I can't really say. Someone might be able to chime in on that for the both of us to help out.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update: Adding filter sock exclusively for this micro-sump/refugium system! Ships with return and drain hose! Easily accepts Chemipure elite mini unit in third chamber... :)

10cjdlf.jpg

dd448.jpg

11jarle.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update: Added diffuser to LED Fuge fixture...

Connect your refugium to any reef ready tank; seen here with a 1.6 gallon Book Shelf reef!

2u89hde.jpg

Using the Hydra LED samsung LED fixture

2r407lg.jpg

Hydra LED gives off a nice neutral white color

2wmnjfa.jpg

Refugium seen here running 1.6 gallon Reef Ready Book shelf pico

70f7t2.jpg

Super thin profile,Fuge litght can be placed on side wall of your tank

5y4xmg.jpg

Comes with diffuser for better spread and splash guard protection. (Seen here with AC adapter)

x56v6.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update: WE HAVE LIFT OFF!

Sorry for such the long wait but for those that ordered my Micro-SOS they left our warehouse today!

I took some pics of the Micro sock, can we say tiny cute?

xkpw5t.jpg

300sbc1.jpg

1zxukvo.jpg

2i0yq7a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update: Pruning Cheato...

I couldn't believe the uniformity of the growth of the cheato growing in our micro-sump vs our AIO 6 gallon. I did a maintenance on both and needed to prune the excessive cheato.

Both delivered good amounts but the refugium had the growth without dead spots, it was more lush and green and just looked healthier than its counterpart.

I was in a rush to clean it out and traded it in our LFS for some ocean water so no pictures were taken.

Please trust me the growth was incredible for the refugium. I hope that the customers that purchased these little guys from me start to show cheato growth for others to see.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I'm just getting a Biocube running and yet this makes me want to setup a pico. Sooooo cool. Fantastic work

Thanks.... They do work nicely and grow grow cheato....

• 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Can't wait to see some of these little guys up and running! Please post if you have time to share!

Thanks,

MG

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived