Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

We're not friends anymore, lol.

I've got a tuxedo urchin in my 40 too. It's kinda a pain in the ass. Damn thing has actually picked up frags and moved them before.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not friends anymore, lol.

I've got a tuxedo urchin in my 40 too. It's kinda a pain in the ass. Damn thing has actually picked up frags and moved them before.

HAHAHA.....the long list of "mishaps" I've been responsible for.....would be a long list!

So far, the only things he's picked up are some clumps of GHA. Looks like a chia-pet.

Thanks for stopping in BTW!!

I've probably had him for about a year or so. He's great at picking up bubble algae. I just pluck it off of him whenever he is in a good spot to do so. I've never intentionally fed him anything. My tank has a good amount of coraline so he should stay pretty well fed.

Btw, I'm STILL waiting on paypal to send me my card (should be here any day) so I can link it to my fedex account. As soon as it gets here your frags will be on their way :).

I've probably had him for about a year or so. He's great at picking up bubble algae. I just pluck it off of him whenever he is in a good spot to do so. I've never intentionally fed him anything. My tank has a good amount of coraline so he should stay pretty well fed.

Btw, I'm STILL waiting on paypal to send me my card (should be here any day) so I can link it to my fedex account. As soon as it gets here your frags will be on their way :).

Thanks for the urchin info, don't stress on the frags bro!

:( RIP "Tiger".

Had him for 3 years. Seemed great the night before. He and his shrimp buddy swiped another couple of frags for their place....business as usual. Then found him just before lights on this morning outside of his front door. CUC hadn't found him yet. Old age, or domestic dispute?

My little girl buried "Tiger" in the flower bed, next to "Swimmy", "Hotdog", "El Fuego" and "Sparkles", casualties of the great Ich outbreak of 2012.

http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/jack1978/media/f0ca148b-7fd2-47e2-84c8-12351765391d.jpg.html'>f0ca148b-7fd2-47e2-84c8-12351765391d.jpg

http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/jack1978/media/TigerRIP.jpg.html'>TigerRIP.jpg

Sorry about your salty friend man :(

Thanks man. After having him in my living room for the past three + years, he become part of the family (as corny as that sounds). Everyone that came over would look for him standing guard at one of his three doors.

Doesn't sound corny at all. We become attached to the things we take care of. He looks like he was pretty healthy.

That we do.

Ya, he was plump and full of color. Clear, bright eyes. Ate just fine the night before. I'm thinking he was just old, Even though he always acted like a grumpy, old man.

Here he is about three years ago, maybe an inch long.

http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/jack1978/media/BC29YWG.jpg.html'>BC29YWG.jpg

Sorry for your loss mate, it always sucks to loose one of the family.

Thanks fellas!

That stinks =( RIP Tiger! He was a nice looking fish.

My kids cried for days after we lost most of my fish due to a power outage. That was about 9 months ago and they still talk about those fish on occasion. Sorry about your fish :(

My kids cried for days after we lost most of my fish due to a power outage. That was about 9 months ago and they still talk about those fish on occasion. Sorry about your fish :(

I think that was the worse part, telling my little one. She takes that stuff pretty tough. She used to say good morning and good night to him every day. No tears today though....from my little girl that is.

Nice man! Be sure to keep that birds nest in fairly low light for a while. It was kinda shoved in a corner of my frag tank where it didn't get a ton of light for about a month. The polyps should be big and almost make it look furry. If they are retracted like that excessive lighting (at least excessive for now, until you can acclimate it to higher light) could very well be why. Same goes for the digi, start it in lower light. IME, the base color on that one will fade a little if it's getting too much light to fast. Let me know if you need anything :).

That blasto looks nice and happy! How are the zoas?

Nice man! Be sure to keep that birds nest in fairly low light for a while. It was kinda shoved in a corner of my frag tank where it didn't get a ton of light for about a month. The polyps should be big and almost make it look furry. If they are retracted like that excessive lighting (at least excessive for now, until you can acclimate it to higher light) could very well be why. Same goes for the digi, start it in lower light. IME, the base color on that one will fade a little if it's getting too much light to fast. Let me know if you need anything :).

That blasto looks nice and happy! How are the zoas?

Ooops! I think he's under too much light. I'll move him when I get home. The digi is in a more shaded area... I'll double check on him too. The zoas are looking fantastic, all puffed up and wide open on the sand bed right now. I'll get some pics of them over the weekend. Really need to start using a decent camera instead of the phone.

Thanks again for the crazy hookup, beautiful stuff Glenn!!!

I added a Blue Tux Urchin a week or so ago....hoping he would help on a little GHA removal.

So far he likes it......as a toupee!

UrchinGHAhat.jpg

He's also gotten rid of all that crappy purple stuff that covered my rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much new with the tank, so I thought I'd show what I just blew good reef money on. A bitter-sweet moment.

Crappy Palm Tree x 2

LargePalm-1.jpg

New Toy (loss of reef funds, but fun.)

Husky.jpg

A couple hours later, and they never existed! B)

StumpGrinding.jpg

Here's a pic of Lawnman grinding away. If you look behind the machine, there's a big ugly stump blocking the Jeep in the background....that's the stump of the Palm Tree. She was a bigg'n! "WAS".

Maybe some goodies next month.....

Archived