Pod Your Reef

<~> Serenity Reef's Yellow Tipped Elegance EcoReef <~>

SerenityReef

So we have gone from 4 mouths to 6 mouths even the trachy now has two mouths. Making some water now and will get some pictures and a FTS shot up after.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm seeems like the elegance is not doing so well (losing tentacles?). Just from the looks of it but I'm not so sure. How is the elegance doing?

Yeah, the tentacles are definitely retracted a bunch. Usually a sign of heavy flow i believe

I forgot I had to replace the pump when it died in the middle of the night a few weeks back, need to go pick up a new one with less might, 100 gph or 70 gph should be much better.

SerenityReef

Going for a 100% WC today, I'll have fresh pictures up when everything settles down.

Picked up a Hydor 100. That should be a nice reduction in flow and still turn over the tank around 30 times per hour. Impeller shaft is busted right out of the box so I'll have to exchange it tonight.

SerenityReef

So I have now gone through my second Pico Evolution 400 in two days. Both had there impellers detached from there magnets. Just glued this one, waiting for it to set tonight and will install in the morning.

But got in a 100% WC and a great cleaning, added a second shelf for hanging CPE and new Purigen to revamp filtration. Not sure when but I need to get a AutoAqua ATO and a water container. I have moved the tank a little further out from the wall to take a little of the LED down, so perfect space for container.

Contacted IM and ordered the clips and top glass, not a big fan of the look but the change in evaporation is pretty major.

Jbb have my Seneye but when I get it back I need to check the par readings.

Hey Serenity, this tank is awesome, but just letting you know that once the elegance fully acclimates (it could take a while), that elegance will sting the heck out of the brain.

Archived